1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. GM Horizon

Game Master

Greetings adventurers,

This serves as a megathread for connection issue occurrences you may be affected by. When reporting such cases, please use the following format:

Date & Time:
    Region:
    Server:
    ISP:
    Description:

2. Concubine

4/16/18
    NA
    Olvia1
    Spectrum(**** spectrum)
    5 fps on low spec mode. I can't say when this started, I have not had internet for 3 months while moving. Before my hiatus I lagged a lot due to the number of roomates, but now it is completely unplayable. No exageration, 5 fps Nvidia Geforce 750 I think.

The funny thing is the game seems to start out smooth and detetiorate at a rapid pace.

I have reinstalled bdo, updated drivers, and run bitdefender

3. 19R88

4. NinnaNanna

Date & Time: 20/04/2018 01.13am cest
    Server: eu
    Channel: velia 3
    ISP: infostrada
    Description: game crashed and closed without error message
    On returning, a first character logged in correctly - changing character the second failed to stay in the game and a few seconds later came out with the error message "connection with the server has been lost" - repeated the unsuccessful connection attempt on the second character twice before succeeding

This same sequence crash - relog - (with or without) change character - insta-crash - insta-crash (n times) -
    it afflicts me for a few weeks now (ticket sent 2 day ago with attachment log file)
    Checked and executed the list of procedures in the common technical issue post on this forum - by now I run it almost on a daily basis

Mycca likes this.
  5. Reiz

Date & Time: 4/18 to 4/21 (anytime)
    Server: NA
    Channel: Any
    ISP: Rogers Internet ( Canada )
    Description: Every 10-15mins it lags me out so I can't damage enemies nor run away. even when I try to run away I could be 2km away from the enemy the enemy still damages me and I die. after I die or get close to death it reloads me in where I was getting raped by mobs.

only started happening after the Wednesday update... I've lost hours and hours of xp from dying and crystals so far. so annoying

6. nethkhadar

nethkhadar NethKhadar Valkyrie 60 EU

Date & Time:the past week (11:50AM 22/04/18)
    Server:EU
    Channel:Balenos 4 (but all ch i log into i still get disconnected)
    ISP:BT
    Description:been constantly disconnecting for over a week, always lags during pvp.

7. KabukixD

Date & Time: 4/18 to 4/21 (anytime)
    Channel: Any
    ISP:Charter Spectrum http://www.speedtest.net/result/7248842563.png
    Description: Every 1-2 minutes it lags me out so I can't damage enemies,ride my horse,use pots,etc. Yet,I see everything around me updating,people in my party killing things but when I do something like use my skills to heal or do damage on my witch nothing updates on my end.,It shows the animations but it does not actually heal me or kill mobs. When I fish actively or afk it works fine,and does not crash when i leave it overnight.(Makes no sense to me)The moment I want to ride my horse or go fight a mob (BASICALLY PLAY THE GAME ACTIVELY) game crashes every time.
    Only started happening after the Wednesday update... ):

Mycca likes this.
  8. nandayo92

Date & Time: 4/19 to Current
    Channel: ALL
    ISP: Verizon Fios (giga)
    Description: 1, Constant Lag spike to get stuck kill or reloading, Tried VPN to reroute around but still have same issue.
    2, Game crash back to desktop without any error massage (since 2 patchs ago)

9. Breg

Date & Time:the past week (23/04/18)
    Server:NA
    Channel:Balenos 5
    ISP:Dodo
    Description:been constantly disconnecting through the week. Unable to afk. Tonight I'm on for 2 minutes tops.

10. Sharvari

Date & Time: 4/24 1:32EST (And consistently since 4/19)
    Channel: Val4, Vel4, Bal2, all of them really...
    ISP: Verizon
    Description: Long spikes followed to game crashing without error message. The crashing happens more often at water event area where spikes are a constant no matter where I am on the map. VPN reroute does nothing to fix the issue.

11. NannaOgg

Date & Time: Since like christmas
    Server: EU
    Channel: All
    ISP: A3
    Description: Dc, lag, Dc, lag, Dc, lag, Dc, lag, Dc etc

12. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hey there.

I recommend you try these steps here and here.

Let me know if this helps.

13. CptNugget

So I have been encountering this problem for a week or two seems to happen in all servers and at any given time, I will be playing the game may lag then everything freezes and it takes me back to the main menu with the notice saying connection lost to the server then i have to restart my game, this is happening all the time.

I have flushed dns etc even changed my dns is there any fix for this problem the game is pretty unplayable atm.

14. Shaman37

First time I lost connection since the migration and patch I was trying to log to character selection screen and it completely disconnected me from the game.

When I logged in again and selected a character I got the lost connection to server warning and crashed to desktop again

I didn't have this last week LOL

15. Perisher

Date & Time: 28.04.18
    Channel: Velia 2 and calph 2
    ISP: IINET (Australia)
    Description: After about 10 mins game lags up, i can move do moves, but i cannot interact with anything, mobs dont take dmg, pots dont work and i end up disconnecting and dying. happened 50 times tonight now im tired of it. It was bad before the patch this week but now its 10x worse.

orarera likes this.
  16. CptNugget

Date & Time: 20.04.18 - Now
    Server:Eu
    Channel:All
    ISP: Vodaphone
    Description: Log into the game can play as normal then a sudden then the world stops and it sends me back to main menu with the message connection lost to the server then i re log back in to have the same problem times can vary sometimes i will log right back in and get the same message then others i could be playing for around an hour no problems until it returns

17. valenix35

[Procedure] How to flush your DNS & reset your TCP/IP work for me

Date & Time:2018/04/27
    Server:NA
    Channel:Calph 6
    ISP:Cable One
    Description:what was happening to me was at the Pearl Abyss screen after logging in i get a blank white box with no message just an OK tab, I hit that and it brought me back to desktop.Applied the procedure above and i'm currently in game now

18. Youee

Date & Time: Since recent ISP update 26/04/2018
    Channel: Any, Calpheon 4
    ISP: VividWireless (Australia)
    Description: I know that my ISP isn't great with BDO, but I have used Mudfish VPN to overcome this problem, but now the recent update has really made the game unplayable for me, as it loads everything, disconnects and then constantly repeats, with no clear indication of what the problem could be...
    I had the problem before but it never reconnected like this, instead it just said my connection was bad so I had to relaunch the game.

19. LadyLilly

im getting so ****ing tierd that when im afk lvln i always are disconected when i get back to the game. been trying sinds the new patch to get my ****ing horse to lvl 30

ITS STILL NOT LVL 30

Fix it plz!
    or u will lose me as player !!

20. Cookie Smiles

Date & Time: 2018.04.28
    Server: EU
    Channel: ALL
    ISP: AllTele
    Description: Disconecting every few minutes, or after entering the channel !