1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by PM Horizon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Pixii

Date & Time: 9/27/2010
    Server: NA
    Channel: ALL
    ISP: WoW Way
    Description: My husband is connected to the game (currently AFK fishing). I got booted from the game about 20 minutes ago. Every time I try to connect, the client crashes. We are in the same house, same ISP, PCs are 2 feet from each other.

This page is showing an error with the host

EIDT: Fixed. Reset Router. Both good now

#241 Pixii, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved with a Router Reset. ^^

3. UltimateMuffin

Date & Time: 9/29/2010

https://imgur.com/a/mrqwwhu

This has been happening every 5-10 minutes since past couple of days. Makes the game unplayable and seems like a waste of time now.

4. Dindu Nuffin

Dindu Nuffin Voidbyndir Ninja 62 NA

Yup, I get this issue too only when logging in or switching characters. Didn't have these issues before the Remastered patch, but suddenly it's my ISP's fault according to the BDO GMs.

They're going to request that you send in a WinMTR log through their support ticket system. And then they're going to blame your ISP. Just a heads up.

5. Stillwaters

Serious lag,disconnect issues since 2 maintenances ago cmon please fix your game my wife is about to quit and never log in again . She's fed up with not being able to accomplish even basic things like cooking for the past two weeks

6. DopplerDinger

Date & Time: 4:37pm EST
    ISP: Wide open west
    Description: 870-1000+ latency. Speed test results http://www.speedtest.net/result/7679987558 . Black Desert Online Connection https://imgur.com/CzZP9KC . I'm getting constant server reconnects, can't participate in node wars or pvp without extreme delays. I've tried restarting my router, flushing DNS, using other DNS servers, fully restarting computer, verifying integrity of game files on steam, moving installation of bdo to another drive. BDO is not blocked by a firewall. This issue has been going on for almost a week and nothing I have done has even slightly improved this issue.

Stillwaters likes this.
  7. UltimateMuffin

I got the same reply that you mentioned. Some how I get 1000ms lag spikes from MY ISP only when playing BDO.
    I have now given up trying to fix this issue, this had happened to me in the past before I rage quit, seems like it is going to happen again. I have not been able to do any afk activities since this issue for more than 1 hour.

I hope they at least understand that,
    1. Not all the users who have this issue use the same ISP
    2. All the users who have this issue however play the same game and have been facing this issue for past 2 weeks.

Hope this is fixed soon before I run out of patience.

Edit: I also contacted my ISP, they mentioned to me that there is a disturbance in the DSL line and will fix it soon. I am going to give it some time, maybe one more week before I conclude on anything.

Edit2: My ISP told me this is not a problem on their side anymore. The issue seems to be still present.

#247 UltimateMuffin, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  8. Bronik

Date & Time: Past three weeks...
    Server: US
    ISP: Comcast with a 400+ MB/s connection, CAT 7 cables, two Gigabit ports, and 700 MB/s WiFi backup
    Description: The server disconnects, then reconnects nearly all day.

I have switched the DNS to Google at the Router and Motherboard Gigabit Ethernet level. Furthermore, I have two separate ports on the same modem (SB8200), so I have one connected through the router and one directly to the modem and pessimistically I connected the WiFi on the system to a cellar hotspot. The configuration is if one connection fails the other switches over in a triple redundant system.

Modem
    https://www.arris.com/surfboard/products/cable-modems/sb8200/

9. Pep_Pur

Date & Time: 9am 10/3
    Channel: any
    ISP: comcast
    Description:
    I can not get in I have NVIDIA and at first it crashed after I got a message from NVIDIA to click to start the program you can use to start a video. Black desert must think its a cheat program. I closed all the NVIDIA containers and got further but after it crashed again before getting pass the full BD screen I realized NVIDIA container 32 was back up. I have windows 10. Black Desert needs to code in NVIDIA is NOT a cheat program. Before this patch bd crashed when ever I too pictures even not using the NVIDIA program. NVIDIA GForce Experience is the program I think BDO will not run with.

10. GlitterBear

GlitterBear GlitterBear

Can not get in game at all since patch. I get to the Pearl Abyss logo and then poof!
    10/3/18 -several attempts and restarts of my system
    Windows 10
    Comcast

11. Saphala

Date & Time: 10/03/2018
    ISP: Comcast
    Description: I Patch the game and hit Play, Xigncode3 runs and the *sometimes* the game launches to the black screen with the Pearl Abyss logo. Then shuts down. I've reset my router and modem and had no luck, this happens on two computers with two different accounts.

12. GM Kaioken

Game Master

These are not connection issues but launching issues. Please try deleting your Ads folder in your BDO Installation directory, along with version.dat and it should resolve this. If you need further help, send in a ticket.

Would it be possible to send us in a ticket, if you have not already, with your WinMTR log attached so we can investigate this?

13. UltimateMuffin

Update: My issue was solved. The cause was related to possibly either or all of the following,
    1. Microsoft update which ran on 11th September (KB4456655)
    2. Packet loss coming from my WiFi router
    3. Packet loss coming from my network card

I eventually switched to wired connection and the issue vanished. I really appreciate the the help from BDO team to help me isolate and fix the issue!

Cheers

14. Yu

Yu

Date and time:The past 2 days now. . .
    Server:NA
    ISP:Verizon

I have been trying to get into the game these past couple of days. Its been frustrating. Whenever I try to open the launcher, it either opens, or does not open at all. Along with this, I cannot go to the forums without timing out. I have tried resetting my router, tried to make sure my firewall isn't blocking anything, but it just wouldnt cut it.

As of this moment, I am typing this message on my phone through mobile data, since apperantly it cam access the forums. I need some serious help. Its a pretty frustrating ordeal.

15. orarera

Channel Velia 1, Velia 2
    ISP Telus
    Description Spent the entire night dying @ SAUSANS with the game refusing to load. This happens when I switch grind areas from time to time. What a mess.

16. Cryptic Power

Ajow likes this.
  17. charkus

Date & Time: Been happening since 2-3 months ago random.
    Server: EU
    Channel: All
    ISP: Orange/Jazztel
    Description: Sometimes when I swap chanels or character, the game loads slow and suddently chat starts to load messages, characters/npcs pop up, but sometimes warehouse shows empty, guild tag appear just like <>, character names as default Warrior, Ranger etc. And if I try to open market, warehouse or something before it fully load, game just freezes and I have to kill the proccess to close it.
    Sometimes game also just crashes when I swap channel/characters without any error.

Its been happening for months, didnt put anything before because I quitted the game 2 months ago but it seems like its not fixed yet..
    Tried reinstall etc.

18. Ihmbreil

Date & Time: 08 October 2018
    Channel: All
    ISP: Spectrum
    Description: Game client freeze and close to windows error reporting. Game client log files attached.

Log excerpt, last few lines before freeze/crash:

18-10-08 14:26:25 0x02E8-00-1 eErrNoDevelopLog(Development log!): Session=>Index(2):(Client-PC/2/):($UndefinedName$/-1):Handle accept or connect completed:Result(121/121/0)

18-10-08 14:26:25 0x02E8-00-4 eErrNoSocketAccepOrConnectRequestFail(Socket 'Accept/Connect' request has failed.): Session(2):ErrNo(121/121),Count(0)

18-10-08 14:26:25 0x02E8-00-1 eErrNoPcLogout(Player character is logging out.): Actor=>Index(2):(Client-PC/2/):($UndefinedName$/-1):logout:Reason(--(121):[--])

18-10-08 14:26:25 0x02E8-00-1 eErrNoDevelopLog(Development log!): Actor=>Index(2):(Client-PC/2/):($UndefinedName$/-1):logout completed:Reason(--(121):[--])

Attached Files:

19. Ihmbreil

Error still taking place, I submitted a ticket and followed all of the instructions. This did not help. The client logs show a bad socket connect and my game client closes. Seems to be fine immediately after the nightly server reset but gets worse as the day progresses. Just tried this afternoon to login and and play with my game client only staying connected a few minutes before my connection is terminated. Tested all my other games and no problems at all with those games. Side note, the GMs that helped me on the support tickets are great and I know the issue is outside of their control and that they are only doing damage control- thanks to you guys.

I was hoping my return to BDO would be a fun and entertaining one, however it is proving to be the opposite of entertaining- work to pay you guys money. Not doing it, uninstalling. Seems to be the only thing PA/Kako understands, so I will speak with my wallet and time by not giving Kakao/PA either.

20. Jinxys

Date & Time: 10/10/2018
    Server:Serendia NA
    Channel:Serendia 05
    ISP:Spark New Zealand
    Description:

My game was fine last night and had been fine for weeks. Tried logged in today the game won't load. Loads in the default look of my Ranger and is stuck like that with no chat. I am however able to move but no interaction with chat . After 5 mins the game reloads and is stuck again in world trying to load. Seems like some severe lag. Not sure if I am the only one getting this. Tried some other online games and tested my net speeds. All seems fine there.

Anyone else getting this?

#260 Jinxys, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018