1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ribbit

Same. Exact same problems Xavier has are happening to me right now. After a short while with these issues, I get a black screen, sometimes get a reconnect during that black screen, and eventually a disconnect.

My info:
    Server: NA
    Channel: Any
    ISP: CenturyLink

2. SirBlaine

Good evening, since few months i can't afk on BDO cause the game keeps crashing everytime, sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 1-2 hours, but i'm losing tons of money/time/everything 'cause of that.
    Sometimes i just find the game closed, sometimes i found it in the "start" menu and when i press start it says "authentication time expired, log again from the launcher" or something similar.
    I never had problems with any other game, i have no internet issues, and my computer is fine (i7 with a 1070, perfect temperatures even during intense gaming). Is this a server related problem? I read about the DoS attacks but i thought they were in NA. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks for the help

Rainnes likes this.
  3. Hrae

Date & Time: 12/27/18, 10 AM-10 PM+
    Channel: All
    Description: Refer to above posts by Ribbit, Orion Xavier, and XdUnlucky5

4. BigCoffinHunter

BigCoffinHunter CoffinHunters

Oh I'm not the only one, I see. Nothing but the same problems all day when I tried, though a couple times I was able to be online for awhile. Then the same issues as above posters Ribbit, Orion Xavier, and XdUnlucky5.
    ISP: SpeedConnect

5. LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL

Date & Time: 12/27/18 Current
    Description: Same issues as everyone above

6. TankFu

Agreed same as everyone else. Loaded into Karanda and dead. still sitting here looking at her fly and yet.. cant hit to respawn. Had to force close.

7. Belowavgtroll

ISP: AT&T
    Description: Not letting me mount, talk to NPC's, Change Servers, or Characters unless I force close and re-open. Starts doing thing again after a couple minutes of getting back into game.

8. StrangeCloud

Description: after running tracert to bdo servers. The connection drops are at Level3 (now CenturyLink). the same guys who are hosting BDO servers.

9. Ribbit

LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL likes this.
  10. Hrae

Thanks for the update, Ribbit.

Ribbit likes this.
  11. Mizuru007

I've been having problems for MONTHS with staying logged into my game. I'll log in and then I'll either disconnect completely or keep reloading over and over. If I'm running or riding a horse, this is more frequent. My connection for everything else is just fine and I've tried everything that support has suggested to me in tickets before. Pretty much the exact same issue as multiple above posters, listing them all would be tedious.
    ISP: AT&T, Southern California

12. Orion Xavier

Edit: NM I see Ribbit beat me to it lol. The problem is with CL. They estimate repairs to be finished Friday Morning.

13. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

Hi, I had similar issue and it seemed my GPU driver was blocking BDO client without any good reason.

You can check out it by using "Event manager -> Administration events" (type "event manager" when you use Start menu).

You will get something like that:

upload_2018-12-28_16-51-34.png

Now try to replicate your issue. When BDO will shut down , check this window ASAP and you will get reason why your BDO client gets crashed.

If you need further help, you can post here, I can try to help you

14. Yydei

Date & Time: 29/12/2018
    Channel: Olivia 5,6,7,8
    ISP: Indihome (Indonesia)
    Description: I keep getting dc'ed every 5 mins or so. It started when all connection seems really slow, my character looked like the default one, after waiting for 1-3 mins it turn back to the customized one before getting dc'ed again and again. I was playing for couple hours yesterday and was also few hours today before got this. Checked my connection and it's running fine on other games and streaming videos seems good aswell.

#414 Yydei, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  15. Grievez

it isn't BDO. it's our ISP. every evening during peak times we're unable to connect to BDO, have long loading screens, often lasting for 3-6 hours at a time during this peak time.

I have submitted tickets, asking Kakao to reach out to AT&T on our behalf, seeing as we comprise a decent chunk of the playerbase, and also because it makes more sense to have a company reach out with something along the lines of "We have noticed that players who use our service with your ISP all have connection issues.. yada yada" continue on.

but instead, Kakao's response was simply to ask our ISP on a per-individual basis to reach out to AT&T in the hopes that they do something.

it doesn't matter if you're in New York, Texas, Florida, Michigan, or wherever.. if you have AT&T, you have connection issues, and it occurs when our connection reaches the level3 servers in San Francisco.

personally, I think it's ridiculous to suggest that individuals submit a ticket. this is NOT something that a service technician is able to fix locally, as the issue exists OUTSIDE OF THE PREMISES. this isn't some issue that they're going to take seriously. I spoke with a manager at my AT&T store covering all of the information that he would need, and he basically summed it up as saying that I was "complaining about lag in call of duty. my son complains about dying in call of duty and blames lag all the time."

THE ISSUE IS IN CALIFORNIA. not our homes. I am no longer able to participate in node wars for the foreseeable future, because after ~7pm EST, BDO takes 30-40 minutes just to establish a solid connection enough to afk process.

this is a very bad faith move from Kakao, asking individuals to complain about lag when the ONLY thing a customer is able to achieve is a local, physical problem. who do you think is going to listen to someone complaining about lag in a video game and say "oh yeah, we need to fix our connection to California. we'll get RIGHT on that."

it's very frustrating. you're very frustrating, Kakao. do your job, and reach out to AT&T on our behalf, because there's no way in hell that someone is actually going to listen to an individual's complaints about lag in a game and think it's serious enough to be a connection issue NATIONALLY.

I gave the manager the IP address to the server, showed him my lack of packet loss using the performance monitor, actively monitor the sent packets vs the retransmitted packets, showing I was dropping 0.007-0.015 packets on average, which is virtually nothing. it is ONLY TO BDO that I have an issue, and so NO ISP is going to take my complaints seriously because it is a SINGLE person complaining about a SINGLE game.

please, do your jobs, and reach out to AT&T on our behalf. if you don't, you're really only proving that you're just greedy pigs with no interest in the playerbase. I highly doubt you're getting as many pearl purchases from AT&T customers right now, either. I have several friends through BDO whom all have AT&T, and none of us have purchased pearls since this issue started. this issue is between YOUR service and AT&T, not our service, because we are unable to negotiate with AT&T on a level that an issue like this requires.

this all being said, who else has AT&T? care share your thoughts? anyone else submit a ticket? I was basically told to **** off in mine and had all my tickets closed with 0 effort towards a resolution.

Waco, Havenn, Dirtyzerg and 2 others like this.
  16. TankFu

At&t user here. Getting the same experience as well.

rachcouture likes this.
  17. Xairen

same. long loading screens, and when I load in, I just lag. other characters' names arent even loaded too, it just shows their class name.
    [​IMG]
    quite sad really. sucks.

rachcouture likes this.
  18. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

AT&T internet sucks.

19. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

No problems with xfinity here
    upload_2018-12-28_19-44-33.png

20. Grievez

it isn't the speed. I have no connection issues during this time with any other service. the only thing that has any interruption is BDO. it's the route our connection takes from our home to the level3.sanfrancisco servers, which is why it doesn't matter which state we live in -- it's on AT&T's infrastructure at or before the last line before level3. our internet, barring an actual physical problem either on the premises or beyond past a pole, we aren't experiencing connection issues, only interrupted service to BDO.