1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Yydei

Date & Time: 29/12/2018
    Server: NA
    Channel: Olivia 5,6,7,8
    ISP: Indihome (Indonesia)
    Description: I keep getting dc'ed every 5 mins or so. It started when all connection seems really slow, my character looked like the default one, after waiting for 1-3 mins it turn back to the customized one before getting dc'ed again and again. I was playing for couple hours yesterday and was also few hours today before got this. Checked my connection and it's running fine on other games and streaming videos seems good aswell.

#401 Yydei, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. Fonzerino

Date & Time: 29/12/2018
    Server: EU
    Channel: Velia 3
    ISP:Vodafone(Portugal)
    Description: Keeps losing connection every 5~30 minutes. Would apreciate a fast response.

3. Funymonkey21

Date & Time: 12/31/2018
    Channel: Happened on Kama 2/4 Valencia 1 and Calpheon 5/6.
    ISP: Spectrum (NC, USA)
    Description: Game will crash constantly when trying to connect, it will take multiple attempts to just log in. After finally getting on the game comes to a complete lagged state? Mobs/npcs/players that were already loaded stay in the last known frame state they were in and everything just stays that way till the game crashes. It happens without fail every time I finally get back on the game. It started 12/31/2018 early morning during the day and has constantly been happening since and still happening 1/1/2019. Send help ):

4. Kaulyazma

Date: 1/2/2019 *errors started 11/29/2018
    Server: North American
    Chanell: All
    ISP: Spectrum
    Description: I log in with a character, and approximately 3 to 7 min later, I see my character either die or is extremely low on health. That or I’m fighting enemies and suddenly their health stops dropping. Oooor my character just logs out and back in without notice. I can tell when I’m going to be disconnected based on the information above. I’m playing it now and I just started running and it logged me out and back in. Still running now. I need this to fix ASAP. This is a huuuuge issue. This game is unplayable at this point. I can literally do nothing. Nothing.

5. Bellgrowe

Date & Time: 04/01/2019
    Server: EU
    Channel: All servers
    Version: Client launcher and Steam also affected
    ISP: T-Home (Hungary)
    Game stuck on "Now processing" after selecting a server, then the game crashes. Repair mode does not fix it, reinstall in progress. Yesterday it worked fine. Both the Client launcher and Steam version has the same issue

6. Eve Tater

Date & Time: 6:03pm EST (Actually any random time though)
    Channel: Med 6 (Actually any server though)
    ISP: Charter Spectrum
    Description: Have been having issues where, with the game set to do something afk (like fish or process) I set to tray and it's fine, then at a random point in time I'll be able to suddenly here in game audio (cant before this happens each time) and my character will be doing nothing.
    Also been having issues since the end of the event where you could get the game free, where I will seemingly randomly disconnect from the servers at any point in time. There seems to be a connection between checking back into the game when its set to tray frequently that triggers it but it also happens randomly even in tray. No one else in my guild is affected by this and I have no issues with any other games (never had) so it's neither my end nor the servers themselves going down.
    Finally, as of a few days ago (believe it started wednesday Jan 2 2019) I now have harsh connection lag when switching to another character most of the time (and sometimes when first coming into the game after being disconnected from the previous issues). By this I mean I'll jump into the game on the character and the map and my character load in but if I press keys like escape the uis dont pop up and none of the other player characters load in, this takes like 5 minutes for it to end up working. It also happened once while I was already in game grinding for awhile and it ended up getting me killed from full health (so I'm guessing the server was still fine, as the mobs had to have killed my while I could do nothing somehow).

MoonDance17 likes this.
  7. Mordhier

Mordhier DTrel Sorceress 62 NA

Exact same behavior, time the issue began, and ISP.

8. Raevion

Raevion Ninja

Exact same behavior, same ISP.

Reports of similar issues with the following ISPs as well:

Cox, Comcast and AT&T.

9. Corsix

no guys its everyones isp. not the game. lmao.

Synnamon likes this.
  10. Corsix

Date & Time: Everyday for the past year. Way more after last patch.
    Channel: All of them. Does not matter
    ISP: RCN Cable internet 250mb
    Description: Every single day.
    Random loaded screens.
    Random lag.
    Game crashes.
    Cannot get on mount. (shows char running in place)
    Have bought newest modem and routers and updated to 250mb connection.
    Happened in NYC in my old apt with Verison Internet.

Conclusion. It is EVERY ISP on Earth and not BDO...

#410 Corsix, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  11. MoonDance17

Yes I am in Australia and have all of these things happening for the last few days and the lag that started with the december 12 update.

12. Catastigma

Date & Time: Never get connexion issue this last 4 month except during Twitchcon ddos and before x mas ddos.
    Channel: Any
    ISP: Videotron 30mbits,
    Description:
    Everythink is smooth and sweet. zero issue at all.

need people with no problem. Otherwise I do not see how you can find the problematic /root/road/thing.

its can be completly a router issue. an ISP that cuts / reduces ports related to P2P, that BDO uses.
    firmware of a modem that bug on few port.

Some people would try get a new modem model from thier ISP. would be interresing test.

Win10 update can cause issue too. check that your Network driver is correctly install/update.

My Killer network get alot of issue with the October update of win10.

#412 Catastigma, Jan 7, 2019
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  13. LexusGirl

Quoting my previous post since that problem STILL exists

Updating now to say that since a few days before Jan 2nd patch (worse in the last few days though) i have been getting random loading screens which then i cannot interact with anything until i reboot the game, which then IF i can load, which im also getting the issues others are with the unable to interact, people having classes not names etc, but if i can get in, im fine.. until the next random loading screen.

I actually cant play atm, cant even afk anything since a loading screen screws that up too
    I have put in a ticket about this, and it seems that others are having similar/same issues

C'mon and figure this **** out already, WE WANNA PLAY

**Update, has now moved to strait up disconnects which I have never suffered from previously

#413 LexusGirl, Jan 7, 2019
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  14. Greevous

Date & Time: 8th of Jan 2019, 2PM New Zealand Time
    Channel: Serendia 5 but all do the same
    ISP: Spark NZ
    Description:10 Minutes plus to log onto a character, character loads in, very slow load in for all other characters, no names no guilds, unable to interact with anyone, sometimes it goes to load screen again and then correctly loads. Changing characters is a hit and miss affair sometimes it works sometimes it goes to a funny screen with clouds and hangs there until I reboot my game. It is not my end as I can load up youtube and everything goes perfectly, other online games work flawlessly. (I have done the DNS flush and reset ip) with no change. I have 5days left on my VP and will not be getting another until I can actually play the game properly. This problem as been slowly getting worse since October 2018 before it was just a nuisance and annoying now it has got to the point of ruining the gaming experience. It is making me think about stopping playing the game and ceasing spending any more money. I'm sure hundreds of other players are considering the same.

15. Eve Tater

Extending the issue update: As of 1/8/2019 this morning at 6:30 AM EST I can no longer interact with the game in any way no matter how long I wait or how many reloads I try. I can load the game, pick my character and server, and then there's the weird like light yellow/green loading screen below the normal black one that takes slightly longer (was associated with one of the issues mentioned before in the above quote), however NOW I'm stuck in terminal loading. NPCs will slowly load in, then other players (which is where the error used to have issues) but now I can't interact with ANYTHING in game besides wasd moving my character. I can't even open escape to change characters to see if that would fix it. Literally nothing is interactable besides moving no matter how long I wait or how many times I try to reload. I gave up trying after 20 min. FIX YOUR CRAP.:|

crawlord likes this.
  16. Corsix

They just replied to my ticket saying its my end. lol what a joke. Fallout 76, CoD, all other games play with no issues or DC.

crawlord likes this.
  17. Raevion

Raevion Ninja

There is a high possibility that it is our ISP, which isn't really on "our end". Not much we can do to fix that, since it isn't a fix any local technician can do.

It'd be nice if they actually looked into the problem and gave us a general idea as to what the issue is, as opposed to the "It's your isp meme". Normally I'd believe it was just my ISP if I was the only one having issues. But, that's pretty much the same response I got on my ticket. Still doesn't answer to the volume of ISPs having issues and the problem seeming to spread or becoming more apparent. Unfortunately, my typical VPN/Proxy fix isn't working for this one. Still getting the massive hanging on initial load-in.

crawlord likes this.
  18. Eve Tater

Still have no reply for mine (before both of you, weird). It cannot be "our ISP" for two reasons, 1: MANY different ISPs are being reported with the same problem, although there seems to be a trend with some being more popular that may also be because they simply have more customers. If it's an issue with every ISP in the world (exaggeration) then it's still more than just their problem. 2: NO ONE is reporting issues with anything besides this game, regardless of ISP. It's included in many of the posts that they have no issues besides with this game. Finally, the fact that it seemed to start around the same date for everyone, with different ISPs, is further support it's SOMETHING to do with them. May not be entirely them but they need to look into and work with ISPs or how they recieve and send data to players. I still can't interact in game 4 hours later.

19. LexusGirl

I just got a reply to my ticket, which was go get a VPN and they marked my ticket as solved

if it was a problem a vpn could solve, wouldnt there be more issues than JUST BDO?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  20. MoonDance17

They do not know what is wrong or how to fix it so they blame our isp. Far easier than admitting they are incompetent.