1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 61 NA

Can't compete with comcast :D

2. Pryan

I have AT&T and I have never had issues that couldn't be fixed on my end. No d/c issues or anything ever.

3. Crescent

Crescent Ranger 61 EU

Having the exact same issue. It just closes BDO after approx. 1 hour of AFK in minimized tray. And the event log does not help. All I can see is the dump files it generates in Black Desert folder, and exact time when it happens. There is event a screenshot of the last moment before crash...

I did not have this issue a week earlier. It started few days ago and now it's impossible to afk without BDO closing down, without even a crash window. Just puff... magic.

4. Grievez

it's still an ISP issue, as admitted by Kakao. you might have a connection from where you live that somehow avoids the one we're all on, but, a large % of us are affected.

#424 Grievez, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  5. Fonzerino

Date & Time: 29/12/2018
    Server: EU
    Channel: Velia 3
    ISP:Vodafone(Portugal)
    Description: Keeps losing connection every 5~30 minutes. Would apreciate a fast response.

6. SirBlaine

i checked the event page, have lot of errors but nothing including bdo.. something about microsoft.xboxgames and few others

Rainnes likes this.
  7. rachcouture

rachcouture Valkyrie 60 NA

Been having this issue for a week now. Pretty disappointing. :(

8. Dirtyzerg

On UVerse having the same issue..game is not fun. Have reloaded in Veilia 4 times now as of writing this and still can't play.

I fixed mine by flushing the DNS and renewing the ip. I also went into my modems firewall and disabled it entirely. Seems to be with newer ATT modems as I just had this one installed like a month ago, didn't have this issue before.

Command prompt - > admin -> type /flushdns--/ipconfig release--/ipconfig renew. or go into modem and disabled the firewall that's built into the modem. Dunno which worked but one of them did it.

#428 Dirtyzerg, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  9. Havenn

Having the same issues. ATT Internet, plenty of speed, no issue on ANY other game or streaming service, Load in, the game takes FOREVER TO LOAD, then works for a moment chat wise and I can see people moving around but I cant interact with any NPC's.

Cant log out, cant do much of anything. Never had this issue till recently.... This really sucks, wont be spending time or money on this game anymore if it doesnt get resolved on THEIR end. ATT wont do crap for us calling in.

10. Emition

I have this problem as well and it is absolutely ******** that PA isn’t addressing this at all, AT&T is a fairly large ISP in NA and NA being one of the main servers, it only adds to the list of problems this game is starting to develop

11. Rainnes

i'm having the same problem. i have reset win 10, re installed drivers and re installed game and still crashing and stopping in tray

12. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

There is no error like "GPU driver has shut down blackdesert.exe application due to... " ??? Once I fixed it I didnt had any problem with crashes

13. Crescent

Crescent Ranger 61 EU

There are no warnings, crash window or event a slightest hint why bdo closes. It just vanishes from tray. Although there is a dump file in Black Desert folder with the exact time it occured.

14. BySpiDeR

Im having same issue when i go afk im finding my self on start menu.

15. Funymonkey21

Date & Time: 12/31/2018
    Server: NA
    Channel: Happened on Kama 2/4 Valencia 1 and Calpheon 5/6.
    ISP: Spectrum (NC, USA)
    Description: Game will crash constantly when trying to connect, it will take multiple attempts to just log in. After finally getting on the game comes to a complete lagged state? Mobs/npcs/players that were already loaded stay in the last known frame state they were in and everything just stays that way till the game crashes. It happens without fail every time I finally get back on the game. It started 12/31/2018 early morning during the day and has constantly been happening since and still happening 1/1/2019. Send help ):

16. Catclaw

The moment I log in about 10-15 seconds in, nothing loads and my character dissapears and then the game reloads. It does this constantly and the only way around it is for me to launch the game in windowed mode, minimize the game, and then open it up about 1 minute later.

I have a 9700k and a 1080ti. I have 15mb DSL internet which is slow but enough for gaming. I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. It's like when the game launches its trying to load so much that it just stops itself.

It literally just reloads over and over again.

I have tried flushing my DNS and deleting my cache.

EDIT: For some reason putting the game on a different SSD fixed this.

#436 Catclaw, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  17. SirBlaine

Still no one have ideas about this? Any gm? i'll try sending a ticket

18. Dirtyzerg

ATT's response on this via their tech forums "Sounds more like server configuration on their end"

19. Grievez

yeah well good luck getting them to consider that as a possibility. I was told in no uncertain terms that they "only" see AT&T users having this problem on a chronic level. when I asked if they'd contact AT&T on our behalf, because otherwise we just look like kids complaining about lag in call of duty, they said they were "unable" to do that. it's honestly a joke. i've never seen a major title game like this be plagued by so many server problems and yet take so long to react or do anything about them.

it's only during peak time, though. if you were having issues during regular times of the day, your problem is/was likely something else, maybe in addition to the problem we're having.

right now are you able to play during peak times? basically around or before node war time to an hour or two after node war? because myself and several friends are basically unable to play during these times, and we all live in different states.

#439 Grievez, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  20. Xixud

Downloaded game early today and it was working perfectly fine played a few hours so I took a break closed the game got some food and played a few games of Overwatch. Then I startup black desert online I am greeted with an abnormally long loading screen and then I connect to the game. To my surprise I was unable to interact with any npc, player, or mob nor was I able to check my mail or friends list, both blank. A few minutes roll by and then I am brought to a blue screen and then reconnected again with the same problems as before. I initiate a file repair service and ran the application as administrator still no fix. I checked in resource monitor to see if my ping was the issue and it was in the low 80s. After sitting in black desert online for several minutes unable to do anything and constantly being reconnected and disconnected I was able to see three lines of server chat.
    ISP: CenturyLink

#440 Xixud, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019