1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Connectivity Issues] 6 DC's since servers back up

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by FunkD, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Desvero

North America - Tested all servers but olvia servers and I can't stay logged it for more than a few minutes. Oddly Valencia 6 (PVP) has the worst lag with what looks like the lowest population. Don't know much about coding or server/internet stuff but player population doesn't appear to effect the server instability but the lower I go down the list the worst the servers got ending with Valencia 6.

2. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 61 NA

I seriously feel that anyone complaining about connections issues should be required to post their hardware specs and ISP (with speed of your ISP)

Its unfortunate, but I am sure many of you that have these issues are simply using older PC gear that is just not cutting it. There are SO MANY different causes for poor connection, and any given PC could have one ore more of many different types of problems that causes the poor connection, and Id bet that not many overall really understand that a poor connection can come from more than just a weak network card or having too little RAM..
    Did you know that even a Power Supply could contribute to poor PC performance? Did you know that poor computer performance can sometimes act nearly identical to a poor internet connection?

Having an old power supply in your PC for instance, one that is just marginally more power than what your PC requires at minimum requirements will have to work harder and harder the older and more used it becomes. It will at some point very likely struggle enough to produce the adequate power for the PC, and constantly overwork itself just trying to maintain the power that it should put out with no trouble. This will in itself slow down your PC more and more. Slow opening folders and internet pages,, and thats all before you even launch this massively demanding game that requires a high end graphics card. (its just not quite stated that way)

Anyways, My wife and I had bad DC issues too. Until I built us new PC's. Yes, I was able to buy the parts I WANTED and was able to, for the most part, build us our dream machines. This has cured all of roughly 98% (call it 95% just to be fair) of our disconnecting issues and slow loading graphics in areas of higher density and/or populations.

We both had moved out of and avoided Hedeil all together because of how terribly lagged we would get trying to just pass through. And thats just a quick example, not the worse of the conditions the lag and DC's had given us to play with...

NOW, we have just as crisp as can be game performance. Can double Instant Accel through Heidel on the busiest of days with NO hesitation. Can go do any world boss with graphics still maxed out, showing every effect from both ours and other players, and so on.. BUT ! ! ! !

BUT, when it comes to AFK AUTO LOOPING, this is a whole other story. My wife Auto Loops more than I do. She will get somewhat regularly disconnected while auto looping her horse or wagon, while I will still be connected without even a slight hiccup.And again, we are on same network, using identical PC's, and both online in game together when this happens.. she gets DC'd and I dont.

Auto Looping has some flaws. Thats pretty much the bottom line. Otherwise, the game has very VERY little connection issues. Thats not to say there are none, because lets face it.. NO ONE HERE KNOWS just what, if any issues there may be that come directly from the game servers.

I can say without question, that nearly every single shred of connection issues we had (and the very same terrible connection issues most ppl here are explaining.. DC'ing sometimes literally every 5-10 minutes, all day long for instance). by replacing our older worn out PC's with new, modern hardware rigs.

I know this sucks for many people. But seriously, if your having connection and/or performance issues.. I think you should be required to post the specs of the rig you are connecting with. AT LEAST before posting all kinds of hate posts and demands over the game sevrers needing fixed.

And if your upset at this. answer this.. -- How can you sit there and accuse PA's Game Servers for the fault of your poor connection, when you have not done ANY sort of legitimate tracking of your ping, or have tracked your Internets travel path to the game servers for any area BEFORE the game servers for problematic areas to look into first?
    Naa.. just go ahead and try to keep your old gateway 222Mhz Intel machine with 512 RAM and onboard Gfx card you upgraded to some craigslist used Nivdia 230 HD junk card, while thinking it will work just fine.

OWN up to your OWN hardware and **** first. Pass your OWN quality test before scolding someone else as the fault, when you dont know jack **** about anything remotly related to the game servers and the connection to them.

Thanks, have a GREAT day :D

3. Dorsch

People can accuse PA of being the problem when there are zero problems before a patch, then patch comes out and large portions of the bdo community are all dcing.. I know people with well over 100mb down and 2000 dollar rigs not being able to play this game after patching these last two weeks. In fact maybe when PA comes out and says, oh yeah we fixed the issue... like they have been it should mean something... but im assuming you are just as dense as your post is ignorant. You probably think that when steam launch came and the servers were almost unplayable for weeks because of overloading that it was the players connection and rig too. rofl gtfo

PS... Im sure that your ping problem was 99% more related to the speed of ports on your PC than anything else

Aisthetikos likes this.
  4. OptimusPrime

upload_2017-11-2_13-20-44.png

Yea everything's fine continue with the way you do things. Game's dead before 2018 since people who try to play can't even stay on without **** hitting the fan every 30 mins.

Aisthetikos, Aribod and Dorsch like this.
  5. Ban Hammer

If i've learned something from these forums is: we can divide it in 3 groups: the kids who blame PA from everything and just want free stuff everytime, the fanboys (like the one you replied to) who is always looking for a way to say PA is doing everything right, and the realistic people who wants this game to get better but gets screwed by the 1st 2 groups

Shimnao and Dorsch like this.
  6. Dorsch

nono... they all have bad pc's, thats the reason so many channels dont even have a pop status

Aribod and OptimusPrime like this.
  7. OptimusPrime

Totally! It's not Pearl Abyss' fault, they're flawless! It's always on our end! 99% of the population has potatoes confirmed.

Aribod and Dorsch like this.
  8. Dorsch

Just goes to show how much they monitor their server pops, hmm population down 80% today.. weekday, everything is fine guys. Lets check how many people make it online for more than 10 minutes... Seems atleast 12% dont have to constantly relog after 10 minutes... hmmm seems fine to me

9. Mollybal

They make any announcement about the lags/ server stability?

10. Dorsch

I put in a ticket one time regarding the insane instability during steam launch and they pretty much said "yeah we know" and that was it. They waited until the server pop dropped and did nothing to fix that issue. If the lag was affecting the ability to purchase daum cash though... **** would be fixed in 10 minutes

11. MalGuldur

I just arrived at rock post i leave my horse there but suddenly my horse keeps auto pathing to an unknown destination all by himself.Horse goes throu a wall and dies 3 minutes later while im trying to find where he went.Even scarier , the desert iguana thats on the road in front of altinova was about to kill me with sniper shots from altinova to rock post.

12. Dorsch

Must be your pc. What are your specs

13. Voxo

Just DC'd yet again while afk processing... are you ever going to do anything about the potato servers or your broken patch? You still cant even AFK horse train reliably without the game shitting the bed every 20 mins or so.

14. Mollybal

Well after loading in i get a huge delay where nothing is active but i can move with my character and then a DC 3-5mins later. Just gonna pretend BDO doesn't exist anymore.

15. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 61 NA

If you feel the need to talk **** about my post, you are in my opinion, not worth helping with anything. You can try to spin what I wrote around all you want.

I so apologize for not jumping on the jackass wagon with you fools, to blame and insult Kakao over server issues. Issues that no one here even knows about, yet seems to be sure exist.

Because ALL of you fools have top gaming rigs and latest high speed internet connections that are far superior to what PA requires, and beyond what ideal might be, right?

Yeah, Im really sorry too, for not having any DC problems, lag issues or graphic troubles any longer. So, when PA doesnt fix the server issue they are accused of having by you ignorant lot, and you leave because of how incompetent they are with the servers... I will think about you all once in awhile.. every time I blast through Hedeil on my T8 at peak hour like a lightning bolt.. I'll think, LOL those fools thought the game servers were bad!

Yeah, well I hear MineCraft is pretty light on the system requirements.. even lighter on the requirements of intelligence of the players. (that means you dont need to be very smart!)

You guys have fun being pissed of at everyone else, okay? Cause you are the ones that have to look at that old PC thats stained yellow over the years you have had it, since Grandma upgraded to a better one (4 times now since giving you that old relic)

HAHAHAHA yeah Im so dense :D

Na,.. Im just realstic. Too bad you dont see that in people.

16. Catastigma

[​IMG]

Completly umplayable....

17. Shimnao

Shimnao Musa 61 NA

LOL yeah Im so wrong, that while all you guys are lagging out and practically being murdered by lizards on the path... I have, since the second hotfix maintenance, Grinded at sausans for about an hour, then at Soldiers Grave.. I then ran around some turn in junk items awhile, and more grinding at Elrics.. and some other things. Gained from 56 49% to 56 70% in just that time screwing around.

Oh, and amount of times DCd = 0 (zero)
    Total times I lagged for even a split second = 0 (zero)

I wouldnt be such a **** about this, but it happens when people insult me for speaking the truth. Anyways, think I will rujh to Valencia, and then to Kama for some dailies.. shouldnt take but 10 mins to get to Val from Hedeil, and then back to.. well at least as far as Treant.

What you all go0nna do?

Oh, right.. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

18. Ban Hammer

i haven't d/ced either, but i DO pay attention to ingame chat, and yeah, i pretty much know when servers are screwed, and considering i've read 20-30 saying sht about getting d/ced in the last 30 mins, i'm almost certain it's not their computers.

But oh well, who knows, maybe we all should be like you and as long as i'm not bothered i should just laught about people with issues, but nah, i'm not a loser like that, and i actually feel bad for them and wish kashkao could fix their servers

You are not speaking the truth, you are just being a jerk xD

Thelemna likes this.
  19. MalGuldur

980ti , i7 , 32 gb ddr4 ,ssd

20. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Nah, must be on ppl's end when for one, my gf has a top end rig just newly bought and THIS only happened after latest 1-2 patches. Half my guild is dc'ing and most of them meet the hardware requirements and some dont and STILL dont get this issue. ISP I cannot say anything about but highly doubt it. Plenty solutions been posted for hardware related issues, its way beyond hardware issues now.