1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consequences for adventurers who attack or kill other adventurers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Foo

Foo

you do know 61 isn't **** anymore after the quest combat xp update right?

Not necessarily disagreeing with you just pointing out 61 aint **** anymore

flukeSG2 likes this.
  2. Allan1985

i am a high geared player and i totally agree with him, if you think you can associate good and evil by gear score you are only trying to fool yourself

3. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

Thats my point. Calling other people casuals while still being lvl 61.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  4. Foo

Foo

OH LOL my bad i thought you were one of those people who thought 61 was high haha (I don't disagree with your point)

5. GzG

GzG

The mystic was the one deliberately nuking her own karma obv, I respect her choice and I was willing to help, then she change server/logged out, I tried to follow her because I don't like half-baked works but I failed, after that business as usual

Also the karma system is fine, pk and pve players have it pretty good, they can do their own thing with zero consequences if they are ok with wasting a bit of time

6. Zycrus

Which is why I said “most people”. You will always have some special cases. But in my experience there is a lot less trouble between high geared players. The trouble mostly comes from newer players who think they should be able to do anything just like veterans.(example: current altar of blood discussions of it being too hard. Imagine crying about a raid not being made for beginners in wow for example).

7. NoisyBoy

Way to show the actual karma issue. Idk how it started but if you are actually triying to follow someone to another server to make him mad it says a lot about your playstyle

SilverWolf, Wodahs and flukeSG2 like this.
  8. Zycrus

Isn’t intentionally trying to stop people from playing a ban reason? Not sure anymore. But pretty sure that following people to grief them (griefer is 100% you in that situation) is not allowed

9. Allan1985

ofc but thats just natural precisely because the gear gap is reduced among equally geared players, just as 2 capitalists tend to respect eachother more than they respeect their workers, because it easier to fuk with people when you know they cant fight back, wich is the way of the cowards.

Wodahs and Zycrus like this.
  10. GzG

GzG

How? I wanted to do pve and I did, she wanted do kill me and she did, then she didn't want to do this anymore and she stopped, meanwhile I (rightfully) had no way to force her doing something she didn't want, this is perfectly balanced
    Also even I would have guessed the server (very small chance) but she didnt want to pvp she could have simply turned off the pvp mode.

I like this system, it required interactions (at least 2 players), while no one alone can force someone else do something he don't want

Oh yeah farming pve mobs, what a grief, funnily enough we were in 4 on that spot and she only killed me, this is another reason why I switched the server, 3 players in the canyon of corruption is a are sight)

edit: I think the problem is that people what to be handholed by the game mechanics, not caring about any other interaction beside the stats of their character, it's true that in any gear based game if you have more gs than your opponent you win, but in a mmorpg winning a battle isn't everything, if you want simply beat your opponent go to a pvp videogame, before those pvp games were highly competitive so people that wasnt able to win in those game went to play owpvp mmorpg so they could "win" every time they wanted, but now thanks to the matchmaking and more player you can win in a competitive game even if you aren't the best (meanwhile you are learning how to play)

tl;dr: "I have more ap so I should have this spot for myself" exist only in your mind, this isnt an actual law of the game, if you feel frustated after killing someone 10 times it simply meant that you lost, next time choose you battle more carefully and learn how to move on

#50 GzG, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    SilverWolf and Allan1985 like this.
  11. FreeWill

the system obviously isn't working well but you're directing your frustration at the wrong people.

#51 FreeWill, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
  12. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

I'm not cool, i'm just a player who play the game compared to you.

13. IWalkAlone

Ammm thats not so true. Imagine you are kunoichi farming peacefully and then a wizard comes and start to kill everything and you cant kill a mob.
    What you gona do? Quit the game ?

14. Thranduil

When the game started i was much ahead on gear/lvl, it was easy for me because i used to play a much more hardcore game (Lineage 2), i had helm's cave and previously the calpheon shine on my channel locked, anyone entering died and since back then you lost XP on PvP death people usually didn't come back, but PA decided to remove the XP loss on PvP a bad move in my opinion because it was clear that karma bombing would be an issue.

I adapted, if you can't kill someone because you lose something and the one dieing doesn't lose anything it's clear that everyone karma bombing is a feature of the game intended by PA, so you either accept it and join the party or quit, yes the guild war system can be used to avoid losing anything, but since i can be in an undeclarable guild, guildless or use a camouflage csotume it doesn't solve anything.

My point is... this is a casual friendly game, it has been designed and changes made to be just that, you won't make PA change the karma system because the casuals that sometimes buy pearls and make the servers have more population are the target of the game, hardcore or meaningfull pvp where you can lose something losing won't happen.

15. Zycrus

Still convinced the pearl argument is wrong. Most hardcore players I know spent more in 1 year than 10 casuals will in 2 years

16. Allan1985

i would switch to my mystic and outfarm him :D

#56 Allan1985, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Columba and IWalkAlone like this.
  17. FreeWill

it's obviously all wizard's fault.

18. Hr1s7i

You might call it griefing, but it might be a logical vendetta against someone who uses the system to their advantage. The pros and cons when it comes to the karma system are out of balance, to favor carebearing and instigate jolly cooperation. Here's the thing. If someone is farming too slow, as of he can't do a full rotation on a spot, or at least 90% rotation, then they are wasting the spot. At for each gear level there is a narrow number of spots where one can maximize their efficiency without overkill or underkill. Obviously a problem will happen if there's one mob rotation and two people that are fulfilling the tally pretty well. You can't expect two people who can grind a full rotation, to split it for the sake of communism. It's not productive. If the rotation is 100%, one player is 70 and the other is 30, that's a problem as well as one is basically leeching. There are so many reasons to remove someone by force, one can make a sizable list if they wish to do so. Obviously you can always be nice and ask politely for an underperforming player to leave.

All in all people need to know their boundaries and select a spot based on those, as even with the size of this game's world, it's still too narrow to hold the playerbase properly, as it's more on the side of power fantasy than anything else. Now if monsters in your level bracket were op enough to be unreasonable for soloing, that would be a different ball game all together. But this isn't the case.

dobe likes this.
  19. NoisyBoy

Im not directinf anything, im saying that first of all is respect. For pve and pvp. BOTH. When i go to a spot and see a guy, i ask him, hey bro whats up? Doing dailies? How much time you got left? Think you get it, i dont mind changing channels etc. Cause i have been educated properly, at least i think so. When someone just jump to anothers rotation and start killing mobs hes doing a bad thing. When someone goes blindly, auto pk and kill someone who is already grinding without even say hello, hes doing a bad thing. What is that hard to get from that.
    There are entitled kids who think cause the bought the game and the system protects them, they are free to do what they want. Be it griefing or be it pking for free

20. FreeWill

so you're assuming that since you're educated properly and the others don't respond to you then they must be some sort of uneducated chap looking for trouble just to ruin someone's day?
    have you ever considered the possibilities? they might suffer ADHD. you would be amazed at the number of players currently suffering this disease.
    they might just not be able to type at that time.
    OR
    they just don't know how to use the chat at all. now before indulging in jokes about this, just look at how many people use the forum compared to the people playing.

these are just some of the reasons, the possibilities are countless.
    but it seems here it is all a matter of YOU and not THEM.
    thanks for your consideration.

Wodahs likes this.