1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Constant Crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Shenya, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Shenya

TL;DR: Since the first of the small patches after the Demastered mode update, game crashes way more than it had been the previous 2 weeks, when crashing first became a thing for me.

Since a patch or two ago, the game started randomly crashing for me. I barely play it anymore, I literally have my wagon training horses and 2 or 3 times a day I come check and prune my bushes. There's no disconnection message, the game just drops to desktop. I don't run at desktop resolution, when this happens, it becomes a borderless window in the top left corner and is unresponsive. Didn't happen much, usually once I ran back to my wagon, and usually either as I mounted it, or pressed T to autopath it.

Since the De-mastered patch (ugly af btw, utterly horrible looking, especially the characters, they look really rubbery and inexplicably there seems to be a huge amount of motion blur JUST on the character, like the scenery whizzing by isn't blurry, but my character or horse IS. Not to mention retina burningly bright and super over contrasted to the point that black can be white and vice versa depending on what angle you are at) though, it's happening an awful lot. I can run from my wagon to my farms, and be pruning bushes and bang. I can reload and prune 2 more farms and bang. If it survives a full pruning, the minute I run into town to use the storage, bang. On my way back to the wagon, bang. Once I finally get there, I can set my autopath, set it off, and send it to tray and it seems just fine.

WASN'T doing it by the way when I first fired up the game after Demastered mode was first online. I played for some considerable time (tested some grinding at 61) before it did the crash (when I went to autopath my wagon) and on firing up the launcher it had a 100 and something MB patch. It was after the first of these that the crashing became much more pronounced. Could take a minute, might take 3. Almost certainly would happen entering Velia, or running from there to Western guard camp.

Also, every time, it changes the effect from Vibrance to NonContrast. Even when I check at the games front screen, it shows vibrance, but by the time it's in game, it's back to NonContrast again. I honestly thought the Demastered mode had ruined everything to start with yesterday, because even my trusty "Slightly High" setting seemed overbright, turned out it was because it's constantly changing to NonContrast. What I'd give for a Vibrance mode (it looks so washed out in non contrast) without the crazy contrast settings.

2. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hello there.

I'm sorry to hear you've been encountering more frequent crashes since the patch last week. Would it be possible to send us in a ticket with your Log Folder attached if the issue persists after today's maintenance?

3. Shenya

4. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Glad to hear that the patch resolved the issue for you. As for the lighting issue, please rest assured we are looking into it!

5. Rysingmoon

Experiencing a lot of crashes lately as well. Had three crashes within half an hour today, and the week after patch a few every day. Those errors will never be fixed completely ;)

Today, I was soloing Ancient Relic Crystal Summon Scrolls at the usual place and the game crashed three times during seven scrolls, where I then stopped doing the rest. Lost two of them, one time I was lucky where the game crashed during accepting the final loot.

I am not much complaining about the losses, but the game is currently not playable for me.