1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Issue in BDO That NEEDS to Be RECTIFIED NOW!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ori, Jun 25, 2017.

?

Should Kakao Keep Us Informed?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
    96.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Ori

Ori

The Constant/Intermittent lag that has been going on for quite some time now has/will continue to plague both NA/EU servers. Kakao/Pearl Abyss get you head out of your butts and do something immediately. The only thing that will be hurting is your bottom line when customers stop buying the game because of lag causing the game to be unplayable. We have other games we can be playing! That awesome steam sale has all our names on it and we are spending our money on new games(instead of in the BDO cash shop) now because of this unplayable game that "You Kakao said was fixed". As a customer of yours I implore you to fix these servers,(side note it's not our PC's, the problem is on your end) if you are working on them that is great, but if you guys can give us some kind of information about what is in the works we can plan for the future. But being kept in the dark is only hurting you guys. Oh and don't post a single message saying that it is being looked at, explain what you're doing to fix the problem and how long we are expected to deal with these atrocious lag spikes...

BDO servers?
    [​IMG]

Mishee, xCrazYx, Xeyrus and 2 others like this.
  2. LAG COSTUM

3. LAG COSTUM

lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/6j853z/eu_servers_right_now/?sort=new

tehgrimus likes this.
  4. LAG COSTUM

ENGLISH
    [​IMG]

i wanna try this but damn how can i play this game
    chopping wood is impossible
    its unplayable

5. Vix

Vix

Chopping wood is impossible, active fishing is impossible, grind is a nightmare- mobs reset, teleport and picking up loot seems to way worse than gathering- when I chop down a tree I have to wait 10-20s to get what I chopped, with loot I have to stand around for about a minute. My pets won't pick it up, when I try to pick it up my character is stuck in a constant loop of the pick up animations, and then I have to wait for over 20s for the loot to transfer to my inventory.
    I can pretty much only afk fish, afk cook and afk process right now.

Xenon, tehgrimus and Narsi like this.
  6. Treble

Yeah, the lags been this way for like 3 months now on the weekends, with a few small breaks from it on i think one or two weekends.

Still wondering not when they'll fix it, but if they'll ever fix it. Or if they're seriously just waiting for the population to fall off and for it to stablize again.

Which... would suck but... tbh i feel like waiting for the population to fall off again is exactly what they're doing.

7. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

Had to be done
    bdo servers.jpg
    Image Credits go to Vith

#7 prymortal, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Mishee, xCrazYx, Xenon and 3 others like this.
  8. Treble

9. tehgrimus

10/10 my friend, you got my full support on this one, i'll be passing this link to the next guy. something needs to be done about the lag!

10. Cannibowl

The lag is a major issue. I totally agree.

I am currently unable to loot any mobs in game... this is crazy.

tehgrimus likes this.
  11. Rosati

I just came back to the game and this lag is so very bad and makes you second guess your choice in returning! :(

tehgrimus likes this.
  12. XsilverbaneX87

I am currently not playing much at all due to the lag issues it is not even fun to try if the game just keeps reloading and lag spiking all day

tehgrimus likes this.
  13. MAJD

I just started playing continent of the Ninth, such an awesome game with no lag. Bye for now bdo. either see you soon, or never see you again, just hope that C9 game doesn't suck me in completely that I don't care about bdo anymore.

14. Aku_MasterofMasters

Primary aspect of the game cannot be done due to this atrocity known as lag. You cannot grind monsters as it takes 30 seconds to loot their foolish carcasses while the game continues just as normal, causing loot to despawn in the long run. What's even more pathetic is that most of the gathering takes this long as well, along with active fishing becoming impossible to do so for guild quest submissions. How can you play a game's primary objective if that's chocking to the point of time skipping faster than you can handle?

Grinding silver/hour chokes to the point where you will get almost nothing for investing 1 hour in real life time, which results in these objectives becoming a huge waste of time as those that used to earn on average 3M/hr from junk exchange alone now drops to a mere .8M due to this lag.

What can we do about this? Nothing. This is just... pathetic. How can one play the game if it's slowing down to the point of stopping in the entirety.

I guess we're just nothing but Fools for keeping our hopes up.

tehgrimus likes this.
  15. tehgrimus

Hit me up on discord or BDO,

16. Icewolf Bluefire

are you sure that is an authentic image ?? because it looks a little bit too High tech to be bdo servers

tehgrimus likes this.
  17. TRNFloyd

The only thing I really do nowadays is binge life skill because, even though the lag affects it, over the course of a week you can still get **** done.
    I don't bother grinding because its so annoying to do so when you can't loot something because of lag.. The worst part about the lag is that its just gotten worse and worse as times went on. I remember a time, barely mind you, when it wasn't as ridiculously bad as it is.

Hey Kakao & Pearl Abyss, I know you probably wont see this, but instead of popping out pretty costumes for people to doll their characters up with, instead of releasing Kamasylvia, instead of adding new classes and their awakenings, how about you take a look at the core issue plaguing the game for months and fix it? Screw game balance, forget adding anything else and fix the lag issue.

Sadly this entire thread is going to fall on deaf ears..
    :(

tehgrimus likes this.
  18. CtrlW

They're busy preparing for BDO xbox release.

19. Phiz

Go play that two gens behind, only loading screen game with a world the size of a 99' game. Nobody will miss you.

20. Xenon

I pretty much cancelled all of my plans to actively play until it's fixed. Gives me a good excuse to work on my worker empire and improving my overall lifeskilling gains.

Vix likes this.