1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Constant stuttering every 20 seconds

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Asentrix, Dec 10, 2017.

1. WisedudeBlack

I have the exact same problem... I mostly get fps drops when
    -Using skills(not all the time)
    -Certain spots whenever I pass trough them cause an fps drop every time.The spot can dissapear or re-appear by simply changing CH.So it's probably related to server.And I can do like 3 hours of grinding without these spots for them to suddenly "appear"
    -and minor fps drops like shown in your comment.Could be sitting still then there goes an fps drop.Again.Has to be server related.

Not to mention the horrible pop-in from trees,foliage and parts of buildings....sometimes it happens while im standing still too.

I have done what they told me
    -[Client] Framerate Improvement
    -HD tune to check if I had any bad sectors (all was green=good)
    -They asked me if I overclock.(I don't my cpu it at 4ghz stock) my ram is XMP'd tho.
    -They asked me for a clean boot and give them a file with all the process in the background.(they found nothing so it's not a virus causing it or a conflict either)

This is what the conclusion was.I'm not gonna name any GM's because I actually like the GM's in this game.It's just a shame they can't do more.

-Their response:
    "Looking at the video you have provided us, I can see that what you are experiencing is not actually an issue with your graphics card, but rather your data transfer speed between your storage device and RAM - the reason why the FPS stutter occurs is not actually because of that specific spot you are standing on, but rather one or more objects that the engine is loading due to you entering their rendering proximity.

These stutters can also be present when the engine is loading new assets; casting skills for the first time, loading up mob animations (eg. death animation upon killing them) or skill effects, and equipping different gear will all cause potential stuttering. This is something that can be addressed with a hardware upgrade, and unfortunately the Customer Support service is unable to offer a solid solution to the problem"

-My response:
    "So you're telling me my ddr3 1866 g.skill and 850 pro SSD is not enough to run this game?Even on medium settings?is this a joke?Almost everything apart from my graphic card is almost 5 years of age...I'd have to buy a whole new build apart from my 1080ti at this point.....(need I everyone reading this.Only bdo is giving me these problems so having 5 year old functioning parts is not the problem)"

-Their response:
    "DDR3 1866MHz RAM and an 850 evo is absolutely enough to play the game, as you have already been able to do so - the FPS stutters that you are having nonetheless are a combination of both engine and hardware limitations that are not possible to eliminate, only alleviate."

You can try various remedies, from SSD cleanups with Samsung software to making sure your BIOS settings are properly configured for your system, yet there is no solid suggestion that I can provide you with that will resolve the matter.(I updates the firmware of my gpu/SSD which "somewhat" helped but the fps drops still kinda happen.)
    We concluded it's not the SSD.So basically they are saying it's the ram.

I feel that's what they're being told to say because it's the only thing they can do.They are not pearl abyss (And only pearl abyss can truly fix the game)

I can't get really mad at GM's.I just hope they are actually relaying this to pearl abyss and not just dumping the ticket once it's done.I won't be spending any money until this issue is properly addressed.

Things I Also tried:
    -Also I used Latmon to see if anything else was causing problems.I was actually hoping for the bars to go red but they never did.All green.
    -Restriced fp to 60-80-120.Even at 60 fps I get fps drops to low 50's -.-
    -V-sync off/on
    -Multithreaded optimisation on/off

My rig:
    -1080ti Tried Driver 385.69/390.77 and my current one is 417.22
    -i7 4790k 4ghz
    -1866ram Ddr3 16gb (XMP)
    -256gb Samsung SSD
    -W10 Home version. 1803
    -G-sync Monitor (for what it's worth)

#221 WisedudeBlack, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. WisedudeBlack

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/random-fps-drops.345761/#post-1798213 same?

#222 WisedudeBlack, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

A few months ago was interviewed the developer of the engine of this game (when came out the Remastered), and himself admitted that Korea is not at the level of Europe and the US in the development of graphics engines, and then we understand why this game is already a miracle that works like this.

Instead of adding heavy postprocessing effects, in my opinion also annoying, they would have had to optimize the graphics engine, perhaps starting from a more powerful engine like Unreal Engine, could have exploited the fact of making a version compatible with Linux and Mac to add more users and repay the investment thanks to Vulkan .. I do not understand the Koreans.. but their level of development are low:)

#223 Kurtferro79, Dec 29, 2018
  4. WisedudeBlack

I hope they work at it.The more time passes the more I'm getting put off by playing black desert tbh.

5. WolfyPlayss

#225 WolfyPlayss, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019