1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Constant stuttering every 20 seconds

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Asentrix, Dec 10, 2017.

1. SinisterSteel

I had the exact same problem. The way i fixed it was to go into the bdo folder delete version.dat file. This will make bdo reupdate then i need i clean install of my GPU drivers if you use Nvida DO NOT USE THERE AUTOMATED DRIVER UPDATE it has been known to **** up. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS uninstall the driver manually and then install it from there website after which you restart your pc.

2. Aru 2

I've had this problem for a long time. I thought I would share, I think I've figured out that it's some kind of performance leak. That is, the longer the client runs (like say, a week), the worse the stutters get, until you restart the client and then it's fine again for a while. They can build until they last over 1/4 of a second. The one in the video is still short. Unless it's a different problem.

#62 Aru 2, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  3. Tyldor

I got stutters too since the patch today. Why is this thread neglected while the OP still bumps the thread daily to get a fix..

MacTheArcher likes this.
  4. Asentrix

Tried this, didn't seem to help, thanks for helping though!

MacTheArcher likes this.
  5. Asentrix

BUMP COS THIS **** IS DRIVING ME INSANE

MacTheArcher likes this.
  6. Asentrix

Bump...being ignored

MacTheArcher likes this.
  7. Kingyobachi

Have the same problem

MacTheArcher and Asentrix like this.
  8. Asentrix

Friends contacting me about this asking for technical advice
    I have to shut them down like a ****ing idiot because I CANT HELP THEM
    More and more are getting this issue!

MacTheArcher likes this.
  9. Asentrix

BUMP
    Tried another bunch of useless ******** which changed nothing

MacTheArcher likes this.
  10. Waifu_Hunter

I'm getting these now since the hotfix

MacTheArcher likes this.
  11. Syan

I had the same problems since last Windows 10 patch and same launcher appearance since a while ago.
    As it happens, i don't know when, but the launcher's option was forced on compatibility with Win XP ! I disabled it and the game is now smooth like before and the launcher's appearance is back to a "normal" state.
    Try it if you didn't already.
    [​IMG]

12. Asentrix

Unfortunately this isn't the issue for me
    Thanks though

13. Asentrix

MacTheArcher and Dunkleosteus like this.
  14. Acheros

i can't even grind anymore because i freeze every time i do ANY skill. This means i'll die in my more serious grind spots. i'm not about to go back to sausans or pirates because they ****ed something up last patch. how did they make things 100 times worse????

15. Asentrix

Please record it if you can and post a video as evidence so they can't dismiss us!

MacTheArcher likes this.
  16. Asentrix

THIS IS NOW A MEME
    MORE STUTTERING

MacTheArcher likes this.
  17. Asentrix

THIS IS NOW A MEME
    MORE STUTTERING

GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE GAME IS ****ING UPLAYABLE

MacTheArcher likes this.
  18. Blitzsieg

I have the exact same problem and tried everything. The windows Insider build fixed a bit but other problems arose ( Mic not working anymore / slow startup, loads of bugs ).
    I have a Xeon E5-2697 v4 / GTX 970 / 64 GB of RAM and everything on SSD.
    I'm really obsessed by this and tried to fix this by EVERY ****ING WAY , please PA don't blame the rig .
    If your game is not optimized it's just not doing well. As there is a quite infinite amount of different rigs you just can't blame this on the end user.
    Please look at this seriously even if there is a fix months later, look into it as soon a possible and stop deflecting this issue.

19. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I have had this stuttering and slow motion gameplay since the 17 th december. I have reinstalled bdo, updated drivers, removed a windows update the came in about the same time this started to happen, all made no difference. I am currently reinstalling windows and will then have to download bdo again. The lag and fps drops are so annoying as well. Any time I open the ui it takes more than 5 seconds to open and the fps shows to be less tthan 10 and on many occasions it is only one. What the f is going on.

20. NitroBurner

OP,

Sorry you are having issues as I have had my share of bugs myself, specifically after a patch or something along those lines. I have also had my share of long email chains with @GM Kaioken and I'll be damned we are almost BFF's (just joking) now.

But unfortunately for you, my game is now running perfectly and I can swear it isn't a software problem from Kakao/PA. I would also be willing to bet you are a minority with your issue as if this was a system/community wide problem, there would be a hotfix or patch.

So my money is on the fact that something isnt right in your comp, network or settings.

Here are some stories from me:

I had a stuttering problem/low FPS like you where I periodically and randomly would stutter to the point if I was on a horse, the horse "teleported" (desynced) to an obstacle and was stuck. Or if I was grinding, it was hard to hit the combos due to the skips/FPS drops. It was really frustrating, but come to find out, my "Compatibility Mode" was checked for Win 98 (right click BDO.exe launcher, properties, go to compatibility tab)! I dont know how it got that way but when I unchecked it, stuttering/low FPS issues were gone (I'm on Win 10 with latest updates).

Then I fixed two issues at once. One was a glitch where I couldn't afk anything. If I was horse training, after a bit I would come back and my horse was standing still. Its like I would log but not really log. I was in game but doing nothing lol. Talk about waking up after 7 hours of sleep and you didn't do jack crap leveling up a horse...UGH!!! I even lost my "auto path" and it was set to return to the original starting point. That was frustrating! In my mind though, I was adamant it was on Kakao's end with the recent glitch/connectivity problems they had where they provided compensation (in game gifts) for everyone. So I just assumed I was unfortunate or had an IP issue like others but swore UP and DOWN Kakao was to blame! Then recently, my game hard crashed and all of a sudden I couldn't click on a server to log into. I recently had a thread HERE which was just solved with the help from @Andaro . I would click on a server after booting up the game. It didnt matter if I was clicking on my "home" server, a random server, or the last server I was in....the game would freeze and I couldn't get to character selection screen. The RAM usage would spike to the point where the back ground music would start to stutter until the game eventually crashed or I had to use Task Manager and "end task" to close the game. So after numerous recommendations from Andaro you will see that he had me chasing IP/Network issues or settings but nothing worked. The strange part is I could join EU servers with no problems (like wtf????) and I had BDO on a laptop I use for travel and was able join NA servers through that. I eventually said screw it and as much as I didn't want to, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. HOWEVER, not only did I uninstall, I also deleted all the left over folders in "My Documents/Black Desert Online" folder and the install directory itself. If you simply uninstall, the game keeps setting files/trash still on your comp so if you reinstall, all your settings are still there. In addition, you can go into your "My Documents/Black Desert Online" folder and copy/paste some files to a separate location and then slowly overwrite your fresh installed files. I was able to do this and salvage most of my settings. What a relief cause I was dreading having to set up my UI again. Finally, I used registry cleaners/software to delete anything associated with BDO. I cant tell if that was the fix or not but I wanted to be safe and insure I was doing a complete fresh install.

Come to find out my game runs PERFECT now! After two or three weeks of no AFK training, I have had two nights in arow where I woke up and my horse is dead tired, but leveling! :) No random log ins, no stuttering or low FPS bugs and most importantly, I'm able to join any server with no issues or concerns!

Ultimately, I think there was a file (maybe even a hidden one) in my "Usercache" folder that went corrupt or something and wasn't allowing the game to run smooth or have a good connection with PA servers.

I am cringing the next weekly patch because I always have that fear something like this may happen again. I think you and I both believe this lol. But considering this was the first time I had to do a complete reinstall of the game after about 15 months, I think it is a good idea in general to have that periodic fresh install so the game runs better.

I know you have swapped thousands of parts and reinstalled the game thousands of times, but you are NOT downloading corrupted or erroneous files from Kakao that is affecting your rig/comp or the game itself.

I wish I could have given you a specific solution but we ALL have to play the "Chasing ghosts" game and troubleshoot our issues or problems. Trust me, I have been there, done that myself and I feel your frustrations!!!

Keep at it and you will eventually find the solution or problem.

Good luck,

PS, now send me some pearls since you have $2500 bucks to throw around!! :) Family Name "EagleStryker"

#80 NitroBurner, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017