1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Constant stuttering every 20 seconds

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Asentrix, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Asentrix

Where abouts you from? Country/isp?

2. Blitzsieg

France/ SFR

But my GF is completely fine on BDO so that's so ****ing weird. I did try to switch my monitor also, same thing !

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I
    I am sorry to hear that but it absolutely worked for me. The game runs even better than when I first installed it. I think that someone from kakao needs to enter into this discussion and give some real assistance to all the people having such terrible problems with their game.

MacTheArcher likes this.
  4. Chumsicle

Fist off you don't show what you're playing on. Is it a laptop? What kind of video card are you running? How much RAM do you have? Are you guys on the same Network?

#104 Chumsicle, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  5. Dumbis

Hello, got the exact same issue but it happens in or near cities and sometimes outside too but it stutters/lags every second...
    I just upgraded to Samsung 850 EVO and got myself 16gb ram (newly installed windows 10), also if I'm in any other mode than Full-screen then my game flickers with black screen exactly at the same time as the stuttering...before the upgrades it was running fine(except it took some time to render when I was moving too fast so I got the invisible walls, but that was because of my slow HDD) Btw I'm from Europe

EDIT: Also when I quit the game and it sends me into the start menu the stuttering is still happening even though I'm not even in game

#105 Dumbis, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  6. Chumsicle

Here are the system requirements for BDO

Attached Files:

7. Dumbis

I got GTX 1070, i5-4690k, 16gb ram, win 10 and SSD

8. idiots here don't know that the issue is not related to computer hardware or spec, this is a software problem from the game.

9. Chumsicle

TBH the game wont run perfectly. Even with the best PC and internet, it still has it's issues. If you meet the system requirements and don't have an internet outage, here are some more troubleshooting things to check. Check your power-supply. Check to see if Vsync is on. It needs to be turned off (unless you have tearing). Check RAM, Ram might not set right. Check mother board. Bad mother board slot ( PCI-E ). AV might be running, turned off my antivirus. Background apps running or updates going on in the background. If its NONE of these then try backing down your GPU. Having the graphics too high can cause similar problems. Try playing the game on optimization mode.

orly? software problem from the game? where's your facts?

Attached Files:

#109 Chumsicle, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
  10. problem is still unfixed.

MacTheArcher and Asentrix like this.
  11. there's a distinct drop in gpu load when the stutter happens, and an overall cpu load drop ASIDE FROM the third cpu core, cpu2 which would spike to 100% during the moment of the lag.

the load spike on cpu2 seems to happen regardless if its on hyperthread or not.

12. Lotac

This is pretty much the same thing that's happening to me. Still no fix.

13. i don't think they'll ever fix this, i've seen this thing coming up since a year ago. With Monster hunter world coming out, i think i'm going to just quit and make my buddies play that instead of this.

MacTheArcher, Asentrix and Carabao like this.
  14. LegacyXI

I was having this same issue. Start up the game and it would just get stuck loading on the rating screen for a few minutes. Then getting in game I would get constant fps drops from 100+ fps down to 1 every minute or so for a few seconds. Even talking to npcs with cutscenes would cause things to load in slowly. Tried everything that people posted with getting rid of overlays, deleting files and folders, doing repairs, compatibility mode and what not. I was finally able to fix it up though! Seems my steam version of the game was the reason it was screwing up, ended up buying the version off the site so I could download without launching the game through there and all my problems have been fixed. Sadly if you aren't on the steam verison, this will not help you. But if you are it might be worth while to give it a try. At work so I can't post specific pc specs at the moment.

15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I am very sad to report that my improvement only lasted 4 days. Yesterday started with little microstutters. Today full on slow motion play, stutters and ui taking several seconds to load plus showing ultra low fps when it fiest opens. It is well and truly time someone from kakao came into this conversation and offered a real fix. I have today uninstalled the log and cache files which did not make any difference. What the **** else can I try?

16. Blitzsieg

Up ! Still getting stutter.
    we should do a survey on reddit guys

MacTheArcher likes this.
  17. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Warrior 61 EU

Same here i got
    I5 4470K 4690K
    R9 290X
    8GB RAM
    Windows 10
    i stutter every 10 seconds , also , when i travel with my horse i get stuck & i run in the same place for ages , i started using a SSD lately , but it's still happening.

MacTheArcher likes this.
  18. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

@Asentrix you don't have Geforce Experience installed do you? I doubt you do, you sound like someone tech savvy, so you probably know better. However, if you do, uninstall it it can cause overlapping settings and a ton of problems.

Asentrix likes this.
  19. lovemints

after 2 years of delaying, I've decided to install windows 10. And what do you know, bdo still stutters even on a freshly installed win 10.
    As another user mentioned in a few pages back, this is game engine issue, not hardware issue.

20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It's not just a game issue, if it were everyone would have it. It's either an internet issue, which maybe I'm wrong but I've never seen a stutter caused by bad connection like in the videos, or Black Desert is in conflict with something on your PC and it could be software or hardware. So it's not just the game.