1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Constant stuttering every 20 seconds

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Asentrix, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Waifu_Hunter

i've had same computer the entire time i've played this game. it still benchmarks the same, all other games still run flawlessly, but this game suddenly has problems.

I think its related to servers because client has to wait on server packets which can increase frame render latency under certain circumstances. Seems to happen mostly on mediah channels for me but its not consistent. some nights i have no problem, other nights, problem. I've even gone as far to check the voltages in my house when this is happening to make sure it's not a lack of power from the socket, and using an IR gun to check temps inside my case when it is happening. Everything is normal. I've even run process monitoring software to determine whether or not it was something with the operating system or possibly even my network. In all cases my computer is performing normally. It is not my computer. I have even called my ISP and they not only assited me but joked about seeing previous calls regarding these servers in my customer history and once again said they've had previous issues with that hosting company . The "throttling" and packet traffic that happens is consistent with a pattern I believe would happen if a "server locked" client was waiting on server data to finish rendering.

I've just chalked it down to kakao not caring. I don't even bother support with this stuff anymore because they nearly never help and the servers have been so consistently garbage that I'm sure any data I did provide would go straight to the trash can. They really, just do not care and this is why I spend so little on this game. Because the support staff is 9/10 times unsatisfactory and the server quality is less than what I desire from a multiplayer game. I'm not the primary target for making cash from this platform. What kakao is after is both gamblers and the intellectually obese whose "taste buds" have gone so bad that they think a mcdonalds cheeseburger is fine cuisine. At this point I only play to teach others about how the game can make them miserable.

#142 Waifu_Hunter, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    DAOWAce likes this.
  2. joshyyo

I'm having the same issues. This happens to me no matter what I'm doing. Inside town, outside town. Attacking or just afk fishing. Too much for me to even play. I've been playing since NA launch and it has never been even close to this bad until a few patches ago. Already posted all system specs of my wife's pc (which is sitting 5 feet from me) and my own. Hers runs the game with no issues. Mine is doing this:

Minor stuttering around 10 second mark, Major stuttering around the 15 second mark. This whole process repeats every 30 seconds. Stutter... 30 seconds... Stutter... 30 seconds.

vimeo.com/250371490

#143 joshyyo, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. MikeyMutz

Same here can't stand it been doing afk stuff until i find a fix for this... you know how boring afking for about a month now is **** my life

4. Blitzsieg

5. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

i7 4790k not overclocked
    8gb ram
    gtx 960
    3 HDD's (no ssd too broke)
    Not sure what they did but I removed my overclock, installed the updates for that intel cpu issue. Still happening, this has started since the latest 2 or 3 patches I believe. And no its for sure not my pc I dont understand why the support keeps to think that. W.e PA added to the patches, Kakao overlooked it and it messes up alot.

MacTheArcher likes this.
  6. Crevecouer

bump same issue and my thread is pretty empty lul

7. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

This is unacceptable. You have multiple reports from ppl testing different setups/hardwares etc etc and STILL insist on it being a problem on our end. Its not. Its a software issue.

MacTheArcher likes this.
  8. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Ok so something interresting, this only happened when I grind in Valencia oO

9. Blitzsieg

I am getting even more stronger stutter now after the patch...
    I also tried checking the " disable full screen optimization" box . Same.
    Checked my GPU bios, it's the latest, Checked Ram and tightened my speed, every driver is up to date. Oh and also tried the Regedit trick for the memory leak.

10. Kaimo

same issue after todays patch (steam user)

11. reviso

This issue just started for me today after the patch. Literally zero changes made to my pc from the moment I shut it down before the patch to now. I literally came home, patched, and played.
    i7-4770k
    1080 ti
    32gb ram
    windows 10
    AT&T 1gbps fiber connection

MacTheArcher likes this.
  12. Chilllz

Same issue after yesterdays patch
    i7-7700k
    1080 ti
    16gb ram
    windows 10

MacTheArcher likes this.
  13. Gibson

I've had this fps spike issue since the latest patch (17 jan) as well, and since I updated, the GPU is constantly running at 95-100% load now.
    I did not change nvidia drivers before this problem started, I only updated BDO (tested with several different nvidia drivers afterwards, but problem remains due to latest bdo patch).
    I'm using a 1080

Kakao will only lose pearl purchases if they fry our GPU's and keep their game unplayable, so it's better to start fixing a core issue ASAP and pause that new pearl shop house floor texture

MacTheArcher likes this.
  14. Handjob~Bandit

Handjob~Bandit Valkyrie 61 NA

Ditto on pretty much everything happening here. Since the Jan 17 patch I've gone from a Solid 60FPS grinding (except in populated towns) to dropping to 30 FPS every 20-30 seconds or so out of nowhere.

MacTheArcher likes this.
  15. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Bump. The issue still persists for me and it definitely only happened after the latest BDO patch on the 17th. All cookie cutter tips didn't solve the issue (not that I expected it since nothing has changed except for BDO being patched). Tried a clean install of BDO and a clean install of my Nvidia drivers (after a clean wipe with DDU).

I recorded a sequence of RBF to showcase the issue. FPS just randomly drop to the 30s and it's not related to an increase in GPU usage. Needless to say that the game is barely playable with this kind of issue.

[​IMG]

(Drops to 0 FPS is me respawning, disregard those)

@GM Kaioken any help would be highly appreciated.

i7-2600k @4,3Ghz
    GTX 970
    16 GB RAM
    Win 10x64 (Version 1703)

16. Transcendent

I have a slightly similar problem. I don't know if this is 'caused by the latest BDO patch or the windows update I installed last night but every minute my GPU would dip down to 0% and BDO would completely freeze for a couple seconds. Never had this problem before. Anyone know how to fix this?

i7-7700k
    GTX 980
    24gb ram
    win10 64bit, ver1709

17. Wikked

It’s the latest maintenance from Wednesday. My husband and I both play, 2 different computers. Lag, desync, disconnect is almost constant. Pretty close to unplayable except afk fishing or maybe cooking. We didn’t have this issue before except on rare occasions but nothing like it is now. The emergency maintenance on Thursday didn’t help one bit either. I hope they fix this soon.

MacTheArcher and McLayne like this.
  18. Blitzsieg

@GM Kaioken Some kind of reply would be good thanks.

19. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

feels like every patch makes it stutter more =.=

MacTheArcher likes this.