1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constructive Feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Chaosmasta, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Rayin

Nah, the thread wouldn't be shut down, whoever said that probably was trolling knowing that you were new.

I suggested something like that too just to show you that suggestions have been made on this same forum and forwarded, but mostly no answer has been given.

2. Stillwaters

Or we could nerf the nerf posters for posting nerf request

Wet Cake and Xenon like this.
  3. Chaosmasta

Oh ok then long as everything is constructive then. And this neat thing you showed me here i'll just reference that to this thread. Hopefully they'll at least give a i don't know answer instead or throw it on a test server to see if it works out or not.

4. Dremlock

iframes are bad game design.

5. 6footgeeks

Guild change timer should be 4 days. people who want to change 4 days in an mmo that they're supposed to play for years, no need to cry (Why?)
    Because Seige guilds/players double dipping on T1 and even below nodes is horrible for the games group PvP health

More T3 Nodes, Also you NEED to own T3 nodes to do seige and you cant go down from T3. Cant go up from T1 as well. infact, when i think about it, scratch that. make it so you need 3 T1s to do seige 2 T2s and 1 T3, while also making sure you cant drop down

T1-T3 nodes should give improving drop rates. 10% per T1, 20% per T2 40% per T3 Castle give 200% drop rate increase

remove money from Conquest nodes altogether. Keep money for regular nodes at the amount they are. Conquest nodes are for no lifers who should be ok with the drop rate buffs any ways in my opinion. (Why?)
    TO further promote active play, and a second deterrent to players dropping down to double dip. And quite frankly a billion for a couple of hours play is fairly non-sensical. Much more logical is a buff that will make the whole weeks work more rewarding for 2 hours of fighting.

Remove resistances altogether (Why?)
    Because Black desert has a really cool Combat system (or atleast had) having pretty much the only part of the combat that is supposed to have some skill attached to it also be dependant on RNG is nonsense. Pretty much the only good thing awakenings did was make resistances useless. CCs were guaranteed. and pretty much the only flaw of the preawakening era was CC resistances. Action combat cannot be true action combat untill the result of CCs are Essentially the same as clicking enhance on your TRIs

Go back to the old CC system but keep the first hit CC thing, just no resistances (Why?)

Because they very clearly have no clue how to rebalance classes according to the new system. Not just that they are probably also completely unwilling to put in the money required to completely rework class animations and skills that were designed around the old system into the new one. Not only did their rework do nothing but shuffle class balance to other classes, they also made a lot of skills useless in a skill system which already doesnt have a whole lot of skills MMOwise.

Mjollnir likes this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

this first hit thingy favores fast hitting classes tho.

7. AlderLacertosus

Sorry, I just got back from work. Basically, our current life skills are just hitting the interact button and waiting till you get your resources. I'd like it if they added some depth to it with a an option to use skills that you could learn that's only for life-skilling (mainly gathering), which enhances the rate at which you get a rare item (like better mat versions or shards).

For an example: before you start gathering you could use a skill that increases the amount you'll gather by a certain quantity, or use another skill to enhance the rate that you'll get something rare. There's an animation where your character's preparing (like sharpening a wood axe before-hand). Then you start your normal gathering animation and voila! Some extra mats, or if you got lucky, a shard for enhancing gear! This is just the bare bones of an idea that they could improve on to make it actually worth it to use these skills while giving a feel that it's impactful.

This would basically require them to overhaul the current ui for them to be able to allow players to use these new skills. Which would be great since i'm kind of bored with the current system of gathering in general. They could put some neat effects and some ui animations too for getting regular stuff and a whole fanfare when you get the rare goodies.

And for the ui changes I mean ONLY life-skills since I don't know what people would want with other types of ui.

Sorry I wasn't clear before! Let me know if you still need further details.

#87 AlderLacertosus, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  8. Claydough

This is literally coming to our version next month

9. AlderLacertosus

That doesn't really change the core of gathering as a whole since it's just a passive and you'll have to rely on gear now. What I wanted was something to add more depth and have actual active skills to change up how people gather. That update is probably gonna end up with a cash item option for gathering gear later too.

In other words, gathering's still the same, but at least it's more convenient and bearable now?

Edit: I honestly don't mind the change, but it's not what I was really hoping for. :(

#89 AlderLacertosus, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  10. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Actually, quite the opposite. They're a mechanic intended to allow the ability to dodge in an environment that can't precisely uphold such a thing. Also eliminates the need for machine like accuracy to achieve the desired effect.

Wet Cake likes this.
  11. Dremlock

excuses from lazy devs

12. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

How would you overcome human reaction time limits? Or lag and desync?

13. Chaosmasta

I got you i just linked your post to refer o_o i'll change it around in a bit still a work in progress

14. Chaosmasta

How so?

15. WhySoSeeryus

if my skill "attacks" for 2-3 seconds, and i can only cc you at the start of those 3 seconds, you just have to block/dodge the beginning of the skill and then you can casually walk through the damage and grab me to death.

Wet Cake likes this.
  16. Pixii

I've always wanted a pure PvE server. I know this has been as controversial a topic as saying this game is p2w (queue the assumptions).

But the only REAL VALID argument I've heard against a PvE server is that it would destroy the economy.
    To that, I would suggest, why not have a separate server? Keep all of the servers that are currently in existence, and just add like 5 more that are strictly for PvE. (You have to make a brand new character / any characters you make on PvE server cannot be used on PvP server)
    PvE server should also have a Battleground where PvP is allowed (Arenas should still be allowed)

Personally, I enjoy PvP, but I'm more of a Battleground type of PvP'er.
    Like, in vanilla WoW, I pretty much 50/50 ran dungeons or battlegrounds.
    In GW2, I pretty much like... 90% of the time went into battlegrounds.
    But there are many times in games where I just want to experience THE GAME, unhindered by what other people want me to do.

Either way, if this is never added, it would be fine.
    A lot of people say that a PvE Server will never be introduced.... but at one time Square Enix said they'd never remake FF7, and they're doing that so... never say never.

17. WhySoSeeryus

what cant you do on normal servers? besides maybe keeping a contested spot i mean.

18. Pixii

TBH, I think that's it. The sole reason why some people want this game to only be PvP. Because they want to contest the spot.
    And I'm not sure if the economy argument is:
    - one person gets the spot, one person gets the monopoly, keeping the 1% richer
    - or now everyone gets the spot, so less drops for everyone (but I feel like that wouldn't be true. You can still switch channels, and I dont know what the percentage is of people who want a PvE server. I know a lot of people want one. But I don't know if its 20%, 30%, 60%, etc. Let's say it's 20%. That's a much smaller player base playing on these servers, so I don't know why that would be a problem.)

Which is fine and all. Sometimes I want a spot, but sometimes the "spot" is big enough for 2-3 parties, and there is no reason why we can't share. I'm the type of person that likes to help people. I've always been the person that makes the most in-game money (out of the boyfriends/people I play with in real life) and I've always been the one that helps them out with gear/money/items. It's in my nature to help, and I like doing that in video games as well. (As do many people) I love games where communities of people come together to help each other. It would be nice if we could trade each other ONLY on PvE servers.

If anything, it would be nice (on the "PvE only server") if the PvP Flag acted as intended (per previous MMOs).
    If Flagged - you want to open world PvP.
    If Unflagged - you want to PvE.

#98 Pixii, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  19. Mjollnir

Remove Renown for PvP, this can easily be achieved turning bonus AP into MonsterAP, generally the AP bonuses (and their effects' scaling) is too huge, funny how they depicted it as a way to avoid the 1-shot feast.

More Horizontal Progression: would be awesome to be able to build up differently from the average full AP-BiS-max-enchant routine, why ? Because even large fights right now have become feast where the team with more APs (and PAs) will win. There's zero to no tactic involved, tanks cannot tank, we have glass cannons with more survivability than fully fledged tanks (that's an iframe bad side-effect), on the other hand we have tanks with huge powerspikes, those would probably need a tune down (well generally all awakened skills damage multipliers should be reviewed down). The game is a sandbox, let it be a true sandbox even in gearing. Want to go DPS, nice, but you'll have to pay in survivability, want to resist more, even better, but you'll have to give up in damage - keep the gain/give in balanced and ppl will have fun again experimenting with new things, but in order to work, any kind of build should have a meaning. (DR being DR, AP being AP, EVA being EVA, accuracy being accuracy, HP regen being real HP regen, critical boost depending on crit power, crit % depending on hit-rate and so on), the game, despite being overly simplyfied, has all these stats, why not using them fully ?

Classes should be able to differentiate more, being it with passives being it with different stats on their gear, as of now, each class gets the very same stats (pre-awakening passives are just outdated), this leads to a flattening of the pvp experience, and yeah, generates some roles confusion - have you ever seen a glass cannon magic caster lead the melee charge ? Different classes for different roles, there's nothing wrong with it.

Grinding: having a better AI on the monsters would help - this has already been pointed out, more "smart AI elites" like the GateKeepers would be actually a good improvement. Trash mob may stay as they are, they're just the price we have to pay (in grinding hours) to allow devs some time to produce new content.

Finally decide how PvP should be balanced (around small scale/big scale or 1 v 1). This doesn't need a real explanation, does it ? This is the real key for all the "eventual rebalance" we may see in the future.

20. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Not quite. Decoupling as in an expansion of skill addons into its own system so each class has 3-4 specs that are balanced each towards solo PvP, mass PvP, solo PvE, mass PvE (or combine the 2 solos into 1 spec) such that a nerf on any class in 1 aspect of the game (Ex. mass pvp nerf on witch and wizard) does not kill their ability to do something else (Ex. solo pve).

But you don't get 1 shot in PA - which you can give both to yourself and to your group, thereby making heals quite relevant. Consider the fact that other classes cannot PA themselves to avoid being 1 shot. You know what's even more deadly that so many other classes wish they had? PA in a nodewar->tp in->insta kill 10+ people-> tp out/get rescued at that point from any stragglers by your group (with PA and heals keeping you alive).

I will stop here. I sense it is a pointless discussion with you. In my guild, there is a witch with your arguments. Simultaneously, there is a wizard who argues otherwise and takes the same stance as I do that your class (assuming you are witch or wizard) is too versatile in a group.