1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Controller inputs prompts when playing with a gamepad?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Lillywood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Lillywood

1st timer here, thought I'd see how this MMO plays with a gamepad, being as I heard good things - it seemed pretty good tbh, but all the prompts were still for keyboard, EG press CTRL then RMB for that black quest completion/travel spirit.

Is there something I can do to change this? An in-game setting or mod or something please?

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No it is just another little detail they overlooked. You would think when controller support was built into the game they would have thought about the guides as well but no.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

Press ESC -> Settings
    Under Input section, you can customize the gamepad to your preferred buttons. If you are using steam, then Steams controller setup should take precedence.

4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I am sure the player knows how to activate the controller usage. The op is complaining that the onscreen prompts show only the keyboard keys needed not the controller buttons.

Lillywood likes this.
  5. Lillywood

That I am. As a beginner, I have NO idea what the name of the function is that unlocks the mouse cursor so I can click my RMB (equivalent) on the shiny area, no idea what to remap as I dont know its name, hence me wanting real on-screen prompts so I could learn its name.

This is incredibly off putting to new players.

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

On my settings you need to click use mouse to move in the input settings. The little button on the left of centre unlocks the cursor. The little button right of centre opens the menu. I do not know if this will allow movement to the location but it allows using the mouse to open widgets, use the quick slots not keyed to controller input and to be able to navigate the menus with the mouse.

7. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hi peeps!

Thanks @Andaro and @Phoenixxx75 for the assistance ^^

@Lillywood indeed the game doesn't have the icons nor the prompts to refer to a gamepad, but that's an excellent idea! I'd check out the suggestion forum (a few forums away from here :P)

8. DAOWAce

4 years since the game launched in NA and they still haven't improved this whatsoever.

The game still also displays the default KB/M buttons even if you've rebound them.

Meanwhile, they went and 'remastered' the game, because apparently it's easier to enhance the graphics engine rather than update a simple UI.

..wait, they redesigned the UI too. The entire UI, redesigned, and they still couldn't make the game read your keybinds or improve gamepad support in the slightest. And there's still keys you can't bind to actions (like alt).

What is wrong with PA? Seriously. This is a significant playability issue and they don't care at all. I've tried to come back to the game and keep quitting out because of the immense frustration with attempting to use a gamepad. I can't play with KB/M due to arthritis.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.