1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert some PvEvP servers for low and med gear players only.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fearless V, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:46 AM.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Easy suggestion here Make some servers that 270 AP or 320 DP and up characters simply can not join.

Make it so that the highest gear for each slot equipped or not is calculated and added. This should satisfy all of the PvP players that are not just looking to stomp and grief low geared players.

Discuss!

PeaceInChaos and Factorial like this.
  2. Fritze

i totaly aggree the first time with u , also make sure Low equip people cannot join any other server than the ones u suggest .

Fearless V likes this.
  3. Novastar

I actually dont have a problem with this. Almost like the 30 day growth servers, but capped at an AP/DP limit instead. Keeps the high levels out, lets others work and contest with each other at roughly more equal playing fields, once you pass that limit, like the growth servers, you cant enter.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. Andaro

Ambassador

Not happening...just saying..

5. Factorial

I think the Oliva servers would be perfect for this without adding additional burdens. The game checks to see what your gear is across your storages/CM/etc. which allows you entry. If you go over the limit, say 400 gs, you get kicked out of the server to the normal ones. The gear score would have to be sufficiently low to enter, of course.

6. Novastar

well cuz Kashkao is utterly garbage yeah. And they likely don't relay anything to PE unless it makes money

7. Alucardo

Alucardo Lahn EU

I like idea of more balanced encounters between players, but
    if its implemented, how do you think this scenarios would work, lets say:
    1. i equip oasis gear and log there, then switch to full pen 10caphra gear....
    2. i have 270AP/320DP and enchant my kutum on this channel and "BEEEEM" I'm now 272AP/322DP

8. Fearless V

Well the idea is to gear check your equipped and unequipped. So soon as someone equips or place over the limit AP or DP in their inventory. They get booted to a random normal server with a 15 minute cooldown.

9. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 63

Wouldn't it be better to just to cap pvp ap/dp when engaged and only let gems give you the edge rather than asking for another special server?

10. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Interesting concept. A couple issues arise, like, what will happen to end-game grind zones like Olun's? And if so, then accuracy, evasion and all that would need to be capped, but my issue is the wasted grind spots, since no one has the gear to grind there. Interesting, though.

11. Wyverelle

Will it happen? Nope. Should it? Probably.

This kind of idea would help new players really settle into the game and actually get hooked without feeling like they were wasting their time the whole time and being confused about 'I got stomped instantly after hitting this guy xx times and doing no damage or CC? What is happening?"

12. Fearless V

Are you saying Pearl Abyss enjoys having high geared players, going around bullying lower geared players?