1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool Down bid against MP bot cheating

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hydrojackson, Feb 12, 2018.

?

Bid Cool Down will beat MP Bot Cheating

1. Agree (lets try and see)

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Disagree (Im botting)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Disagree (not going to work)

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hydrojackson

There is only one bid per item. However, if there are 100 of the same item posted, say 10 stacks of 10 memory fragments per stack. Your chance, as a human, camping next to the MP, spamming to try to get one, is pretty much zero every time no matter when you log on to bid on them. Eventually you give up or buy a bot to bid for you. I do not like those two options and I want to see if can beat this bot mechanic, at least, try and see.

Here is my suggestion:
    Now if each bid is with a cool down of, say, three seconds.
    Does not matter which item you bid, you need 3 seconds to finish a bid state or cool down before the bid is enable again, then a bot cannot spam bid of each of the 100 memory fragment up for sale so a bot to bid on each of the 10 memory fragment of each of the 10 stacks then it will take them 3000 seconds to finish those 100 bids.

2. AlnilamE

This does not make any sense. You bid once per stack. So if there are 10 MF in a stack, it's one bid for the stack. Not 10.

And you either win or you don't. You don't have to be faster than anyone to buy the item if you won it.

Or are you talking about the Buy phase?

3. Elinu

Kakao. If you are not planning to ban Market Bot Perm, then at least give permit to use it for all players.

4. Teknoman2

yes, he is failing to understand that when you bid a stack you bid for the whole stack and if you win you win the whole stack. i've seen this error done many times by new players in my guild as well.
    if the bot wins a stack it will only buy one item from it because this is how it is made to operate, but if you bid manually and win the stack you can buy as many items from the stack as you want.
    the real problem is that bots bid indiscriminately ALL items in the mp, especially pearl items, making it very hard for anyone to win a bid. in order for the bot to avoid direct contact with the game code and the server to avoid detection, it simply works by using color codes directly from the screen and so it can't tell what item was just registered, only that the screen color changed which means an item was put on sale... and so it bids it regardless of what it is.

5. ♕ SaFteiNZz ' [SaFt1Zz]

This mechanic would only slow down the bots but also the humans, is not really a fix for the bots...

As a developer myself I don't see a way to fight bot coders anyways since if you want something to be done in the IT world and you got the knowledge you can get it done so I see no real fix for the bots that doesn't totally change the marketplace mechanic (bidding and preorder)