1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response "Corrupt File' crash for months

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ScarryHarry, Dec 13, 2017.

1. ScarryHarry

So, ever since the first Kama patch, BDO has almost become entirely unplayable for me. It either works for a few days, or 5 minutes into the game it says there's a corrupt file. And if I try to load it after that, it'll crash before game loads completely. So I sit here half the time, running file recovery for 20 minutes, just to get in and it crash with same message 5-15 minutes into playing.

I followed help from a post like early last year about looking up with file was corrupt in the PAZ folder, and delete it and re-patch. Except it NEVER works entirely. It's always a new file that's corrupted, and I read online that it never actually fixes it unless you get a 'clean' file from someone else that doesn't has issues.

Lately I can't even enjoy BDO. I'm close to just giving up on it entirely and stop playing and leaving my guild. Except I still really want to play. So, is there ANY 100% guaranteed fix for this? I've seem countless posts on over corrupt file cases. So what's the deal with this anyways? Game patch come out and all of a sudden I'm doomed to never play again?

2. Kanis

To jump on your post. I semi regularly have to download the entire game and install it. As you can see it happens on a fairly regular basis since I have saved the ".dat" files as a way of tracking what is going on. bdo_corrupt.jpg

3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

sadly without being able to lay hands upon your system personally , and I'd love to just fix you myself, I don't think I can offer much advice. All I can tell you is that Your system is not optimized in the slightest if you have that much trouble every maint.

I suppose I could ask some common questions, like what antivirus suite you are running, do you have uac enabled, are you using an admin account or the administrator account, what your OS version and build number is, what type of internet do you have, are you hardwired or wifi, .......those type of questions need to be answered first before anyone can help you.

4. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Please make sure you've got the game whitelisted in any antivirus programs you've got installed, as if any files are quarantined you will encounter this issue.

Please repair your client and then if the issue persists, send in a ticket.

5. ScarryHarry

I use half the Windows Defender and half AVG basically (ya I know, not the absolute best ever). It's already set to run and make changes with both. I got pretty much the latest Windows 10 home edition, unless it's lying about no new updates, and the game ran PERFECTLY fine for like the last year since last black friday and when I really got into it earlier this year in February. Never had the corrupt file thing come up before a few months ago that I can remember. And lately it feels worse, like I can't play at all without it happening within half an hour.

I just don't understand how out of nowhere it has become nearly unplayable. I've got a 2015 Aorus x7 pro with SLI GTX 860 (sure, not the best but it works with almost everything I have without much issues). BDO has never run the poor before. Frame rate has dropped even though I've decreased some settings, and the whole file corrupted thing doesn't make sense. I couldn't even remember how many times I've 'repaired' by now. It keeps happening with different corrupt files.

6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Im guessing you are using an SSD?
    Even if not, try this, perhaps it will help, worst case scenario, no change.

Download Auslogics Disk Defrag
    After install, goto the settings menu, [Algorithms] tab. Check the bottom 2 boxes.
    Then goto SSD Drive Support, click the first box (use only ssd defra) and third box (Use the trim feature), and the last box (defrag all files)
    Then goto "Disk Cleanup tab, check all except last box. Click Ok at the bottom.

If your game is installed on an SSD (probably your main drive C, yes?) then right click that drive and choose "Optimize SSD"
    If it is a mechanical HDD that your game is on, select that drive and hit defrag
    you can analyze first of course to see how split up the files are.
    (Also, as an added benefit, at the bottom you will see SSD Support tab.....click that, and if the first line "Optimize system for working with SSD" is not enabled, then enable it......and then perform the Optimize feature listed above.

https://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/after-download/

After thats done, try the repair process on the BDO launcher.

There are only 2 defrag programs I trust to keep my drives in top shape, and my file fragments straightened out. Auslogics, and Disktrix. I use Auslogics on my main drive (ssd) which only holds windows and installed programs, and Distrix on my data (hdd) drive (where my games are installed) because I can have it order all the files on the drive by file tree in ascending order (a process that takes a couple hours, so i only do it after a long time of modifying contents on the drive...i.e. months of patchs and updates to my games)

I can tell you some other things that I personally do, or use on my own system, ....and I have never had the plethora of problems I read on game forums.
    > I use the base administrator account for windows, removing all other accounts.
    > UAC is completely disabled.
    > Windows defender is as disabled as I can possibly get it (which is annoying because now its embedded into windows framework)
    > I generally have my games installed on a seperate drive from my OS
    > I personally prefer Comodo Internet Security suite.....its completely free, with a Game mode, and has never created false positives against any game I've ever played.
    > I occasionally reset my page file by disabling it, rebooting, and then re-enabling it. (I usually disable it before I do a defragment, so that when I re-enable it, its in one continous block and not broken up)
    > I use google DNS for both ipv4 and ipv6
    > I use TCPOptimizer to set optimize my connection
    > I use a couple of oldschool registry tricks to increase the default memory available to my video drivers, although its supposed to be moot on newer systems (sessionpoolsize 128)(sessionviewsize 208)
    > I completely disable windows search components, to the best of my ability
    > I also completely disable windows system restore. (omg why)(because WSR only rolls back windows and updates. It doesn't fix programs or reset the drive to a former state like DeepFreeze does.....driver problems I can roll back myself individually, though I've never had one, and updates I carefully review before installing, although on Windows 10, now, that's not needed.....but I've never had a need to roll back an update because they've never caused any issues on my system)
    > GameDVR (microsofts latest bloatware) is also disabled, including all related components.

#6 Andaro, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Rickter likes this.
  7. Issit

After reading the reviews and posts elsewhere, it seems that the Auslogics Disk Defrag is now loaded down with bloatware and malware. Additionally, there are several places that state you should not defrag SSD's as it reduces the lifespan of the drive significantly with no improvement in performance. This to me appears to be an issue with the game, not my hardware or system. I state this based on the fact that I have run quite a few other games/programs on the same SSD with NO ISSUES EVER until trying to play BDO. I have reloaded the game, white listed it in my AV, removed PAZ files per other posts, etc and have not fixed the problem. I am going to have to submit a ticket per the GM post as I want this fixed.

It is ridiculous that there are so many tickets on this issue but no fixes. Almost makes it seem like the developers have no idea what the problem is and/or don't care about fixing it.

Just my $.02

8. ScarryHarry

Andaro, I actually made a support ticket and it seemed to be linked to indeed having an SSD, and the fact that OneDrive sync keeps putting my options file into the C: when the rest of the game is located in D:. Unfortunately, when they told me was no permanent fix, as I keep replacing the file as well as already turned the sync off from my Documents, but it keeps automatically putting a new file in there when I load the game.

And Issit, yes I had this problem for months without seeing a single fix online in any forums or reddit posts. And still has not been fixed even after a support ticket...which really was them telling me to do 5 simple things I already thought of by now, and then the one thing about the OneDrive sync that seems to maybe be the cause of the problem, but nothing to do about it yet

9. Razoor

just the drag the button off the screen... dont click ok.. and keep playing... thats what i do

10. Toppest of Keks

upload_2018-3-29_22-27-3.png

Had this for a solid month now. This is on a completely fresh installation. I'm at wits end.

11. Rickter

Rickter Ricktr Warrior 64 NA

Hey guys, Im a brand new player, maybe had this game for about two weeks and this just occured to me. Exact same file is corrupt error message and then the game crashes. I relogged back in and BOOM immediately happened to me again. HALP!!!

12. Rickter

13. Rickter

Hey guys i resolved this issue via the following instructions:

14. Ryxor

I don't see a file repair option in the Auslogics

15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

please open a new topic for your issue and describe your issue thoroughly.
    It is not recommended to follow instructions from any topic in which I have given them, because instructions that I personally give are tailored to a specific individuals specific problem, and may not work for others.

With that having been said, the repair option, is on the BDO launcher, as was stated in the previous response.

This Topic, is currently, Obsolete.

16. Rickter

@Andaro I understand that your instructions are geared towards specific individual's circumstances however, your instructions worked for me and I am currently enjoying the game because of them.

thank you

17. GM Kaioken

Game Master

We're glad to hear the issue was resolved for you Rickter, but please do try to avoid posting in older threads where possible.
    If you'd like to thank someone, you can like the post that helped! ^^

18. Toppest of Keks

Not even remotely. This is an ongoing issue for many including myself.

19. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Please send in a ticket if the steps found here do not help.

20. Toppest of Keks

I have, and my most recent one was deleted without notice. I will send another in shortly.