1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Corrupted File issue: centers around event areas and the large cities

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Toppest of Keks, May 18, 2018.

1. Toppest of Keks

I'm one of those poor bastards that constantly, by this I mean multiple times daily, gets this frustrating popup telling me about corrupted files. I can do simple tasks like start fishing or processing but nothing else as NPCs and monsters vanish, I can't interact with mounts, and if I try to swap characters I can't even interact with the invisible NPCs.

The common trend seems to be event areas. When standing outside of Calpheon City's north gate, for example, I can go as far south as the marketplace near the northern stable and be fine. The moment I go further south and city assets are drawn, I get the popup. This is also true of Velia and Heidel. My characters in the desert, Shakatu, and ocean never get prompted by the corrupted file popup.

2. PM Horizon

Project Manager

3. Toppest of Keks

IMG_20180530_103812_4.jpg

With one full pass and 91% of a second pass complete and no errors, I'm doubting that that this less than 6 month old laptop of a reputable line by a reputable company has any bad memory modules.

4. Toppest of Keks

Finish the second pass and everything is still kosher where hardware is concerned.

5. Shenkt

1) Can you zip then paste/upload the client.log file from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\Log" or similar on your computer?

This might highlight a corrupted file. The error will usually be found at the end of the client.log file that the game session crashed in.

You are looking for (Error!). Let us know if you find one, and copy paste the error line in complete back here for help.

6. Toppest of Keks

The problem is now random. It used to be reliably when entering an area modified for an event, but now it's only periodically. When I get the popup next I'll upload the log, thanks for pointing that out Shenkt.

Shenkt likes this.
  7. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hey there.

Can you submit a ticket regarding this corrupted file issue, and attach your Log Folder when this next occurs for you?

Additionally, can you ensure you've got the game whitelisted on any anti-virus or firewall programs as if any files are being scanned or edited by such software while in use by the game, it'll trigger the corruption issue.

8. Toppest of Keks

9. Toppest of Keks

Ticket is not showing in my support log. I'll submit another when I'm back at my PC.

10. Toppest of Keks