1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could we take an honest look at our Awakening?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Nexius, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Nexius

Our awakening feels very weak, even as gear scales up. I find it odd that sitting at 268AP I can't even out trade damage in SA against some classes such as Musas, witches, wizards, ninjas, etc with some of my strongest abilities while being nearly 20AP stronger. The removal of renoun indeed made me more vulnerable, but likewise they no longer have the additional DR, so why am I losing safe trades so heavily with such large gear disparities? Why does it feel like Grim Reaper Judgement is capped at 40% of any players health, BEST CASE SCENARIO? How can anyone with 20 less AP outtrade a cartian nightmare? Its a 1294%x 24 damage ability that gets STRONGER when u pump shards into it. It's our single most strongest DPS ability, how can I sit and lose trades in it facing another player who I know the exact gear of (which is weaker) due to being in the same guild and sharing gear set ups?

Theres literately nothing I feel we can do to optimize our damage to alleviate this issue either. RCE's make damage somewhat more consistent but you lose all the potential spike damage, which by the way can exceed 1-2k extra damage being dealt in some personal tests. Accuracy keeps your damage from fluctuating in essence, but more AP focused builds give you a much higher damage potential. However despite whichever you may prefer, even depending on opponents builds, all the abilities mentioned still do very underwhelming damage compared to other classes who dont have to science it out as much.

If I switch over to my Archer his Shift+E will always do more damage by a significant margin there is no possibility of a damage cap. You will be rewarded for a one shot in many scenarios if you are geared enough. Same goes for my Witches Shift +F or any other class I trasfer this gear over to. Like why is it that a sorcs damage literately doesnt appropriately scale? And then it's main abilities get mega nerfed?! Our Awakening 100% doesnt have a pull any longer so therefore it cannot do damage to most targets, even PvE mobs because everything can walk out of it as it floats by. Our violation does very low damage in both PvP and PvE. I've had instances where I couldnt finish off 294 dp 10% players with my violation off cooldown, sitting at 268AP. Why is that a acceptable?

As you get more AP on ANY class all abilities should become more dangerous, yet it feels like this only applies to my Amulet currently, and this negatively impacts gameplay as a result. When half your kit is threatening, you have you options halved and the mind games are much less effective. You end up in a world where you have to respect everyone's damage, but no one has to respect yours because you're 100% reliant on getting Cc's. Did you know our midnight stinger's stiffness lasts about 2 seconds, but our imminent doom's stiffness only last around .7 seconds?

Theres so many little nuances that we have to be aware of along with difficult resource management, so many things that can mess you up; yet a lot of these things people misconstrue as unfair advantages. In practice it's never the case you have a slew of advantages over another player therefore you have to work hard for a kill. It's very hard to perform consistently because the class doesnt behave consistently. This class isnt easy, yet so many people without the gear, the experience and the time to get through the many frustrations of PLAYING the class love to claim otherwise.

I just want to have an enjoyable experience that is relatively fair. If getting more gear isnt making the experience of playing the class more enjoyable then the class has a severe problem. It doesnt matter what class you play, more gear should equal a better experience. My gameplay feels the same as it was from when I was as low as 480, im nearly 100GS over that currently. What is going on? The game has changed massively since long ago but, something is very off. Would love to see it addressed.

#1 Nexius, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Xairen, Sandrituky, Riverwren and 3 others like this.
  2. Chandie Bang

what do you want us to say? sorc is bad and switch to other classes instead?
    there are other classes that needs more attention more than ever right now like valk and maybe warrior. Sure sorc got nerfed but you and I still play the class, so I don't think devs should focus on sorc, and start buffing other classes that needed buffs.

JM likes this.
  3. Nexius

There isnt a limit to how many classes can be worked on at once. Classes dont need to be overhauled either, so there really isnt a need to only focus on "one". That being said thats really a lesser point, whether which classes are seen as needing immediate adjustment or not; continuing to say "sorc is fine" really does undermine any adjustments needed to it. Feedback can still be given, whether or not they choose to address us first or last is thier call.

Chandie Bang likes this.
  4. Chandie Bang

Are we still talking about the same devs?

5. RIPTOR

I can feel this when i play;

Sorc AW Softcap dmg: ITS SO HILARIOUS JAJAJAJAJA x100.

Rabam and Amulet skill dmgs are...very nice and nice ! (excluding PvE skills like Claws of Darkeness or Black Wave... "utility skills" like the bait stun on Sign of Agony or Mark of the Shadow) another skills are completly useless or only can be usefull for get some interesting or very good addon

Striker AW Softcap dmg:
    [​IMG]

Rabam and Gaunlet very nice set up, i like it i feel me more powerfull and more happy with my alter with less gear than my main and i fell the same when i play another "top" classes

I play some characters at softcap and i cant avoid the very bad feel when i play my sorc in comparison to anothers, its true other classes are worst in general terms but thats no reason to dont try to get for every class a competitive and good balance changes, its retarded say sorc is fine is very good is op when she like another classes need changes and another revisions.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  6. GuiltGuy

Now that ninja and kuno's concealment has been nerfed to the ground. stamina is heavily consumed. become visible when got hit. could we now take an honest look at sorceress?

7. Xairen

Never forget
    [​IMG]

when Sorc awakening was good :(

8. Durakus

You're looking at some of the skills wrong? Make no mistake, I know what you mean, but Cartians Nightmare is NOT strong. 1294% x 24 over the entire cast period sums up to being barely stronger than MOST of our attacks. Pumping Shards into it only makes it LONGER via recasting, not "Stronger".

Couple that with sorcs I-framing then "trading damage" should probably not be a strength of ours, fairness considered.

What you may be having an issue is that sorc seems to be balanced around skills that are largely USELESS or so situational that they rarely see the light of day, but are still required to invest into, doubling frustration. Couple that with the constant nerfs, and our utility getting shafted, and ... yeah. we aren't as good as people keep claiming. Sorc is forced into Flight More than Fight. I can only suggest don't try to trade, it doesn't work. And don't think of Cartians Nightmare as strong ever again.