1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courser System and Dream Horse Guide

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Solest, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Solest

I asked around a little bit about this, it sounds like the best option is just to pick the shortest route you can get as distance traveled doesn't seem to significantly affect the number of seals you get.

I only did imperial trading for a very very short period of time and my training level was very low but I was getting a seal about every other run. A higher level trader I spoke with said they got about 1 on average per run (occasionally 2) and that it took them about 3 hours to get 10 seals.

You might want to ask around a bit more and see if you can find anyone with a bit more experience, since a lot of what I know (and the people I've talked with) is speculated based on only a short period trying out imperial trading. I don't know of anyone that stuck with it.

2. waikiki

ugh 3 hours a for 10 seals sounds a bit meh

3. ledious

@OP you need to clarify WHAT kind of skills coursers are guaranteed when you breed coursers together. For example, you said if you breed 1 courser with a non courser, it guarantees 1-2 skills.... Now to a normal English speaking person. Your explanation of how the system works sounds confusing and coursers don't sound worth it which causes us to wonder why the system would even exist in the first place. Here is why:
    1) All horses already come with 1-2 skills at lvl 1. Soooo does this mean it adds another skill ONTOP of the default lvl 1 skills the foal would have or what?
    2) WHAT KIND OF SKILLS is the foal guaranteed? is the foal able to just get 1-2 trash skills? or are you guaranteed that the COURSER skills are carried over?

Why do i care that you clarify these things, @OP? Because for someone who moved to a new state and switched banks which caused BDO to ban me from ever buying items from the pearl shop again because if you pay with a credit card with a different number than the initial credit card that's in the system, BDO automatically thinks you are committing fraud and demand that you send them your SSN and photo of your passport which im not going to do as the payment system isn't even done by BDO but rather some 3rd party in Thailand. SO considering all that, I can't rely on mount skill switch tokens like many other players can't for one way or another. So I have to do get a T8 courser 100% vanilla. so it would be nice that next time you make a post, you think about how you can clarify your post to answer EVERYONE'S questions and not just the people who can afford to buy pearls and make assumptions that people just know they will need horse skill change tokens for this to work.

4. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Every foal is born with 1 RANDOM skill if both parents are none courser horses. If you breed 1 courser and 1 non courser horse together the foal has 50:50 chance to be born with 2 RANDOM skills, or with 1 EANDOM skill.
    If you breed 2 courser together the foal is guaranteed to be born with 2 RANDOM skills.

Now every normal english speaking person wanting a t9 will know the worth of a courser and in the horse sub section of the forum is tons and tons of information about this topic plus you have 2 horse community Discord you can join to aquire said information.

5. Life Aries

Nice attitude.

Tempani, Caylea, Conflama and 2 others like this.
  6. ledious

THANK YOU SO MUCH! too bad we cant update the OP to include this clarification. :(

#166 ledious, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  7. Conflama

Yo, listen, Solest (the lovely OP) doesn't work for the people responsible for banning you from the pearl shop, so I get that you're angry but projecting it onto them is unfair.

8. Solest

Updated the following:
    • *New Update: Doom!
      • New details have been released about Doom and Doom's region
      • A link to the remastered showcase that discusses Doom
      • A link to the written showcase summary
      • A brief video of Doom in action

• Details on courser benefits
      • Updated wording to be more clear that foal starting skills are random

9. Solest

Updated the following:
    • Steps to Awaken a Dream Horse
      • Updated the wording of the section discussing influencing which Dream Horse awakens
        • You must be above 100% in a particular training type in order to increase your chance of getting that associated dream horse over the others.

10. Evieka

Forgive me if this is obvious, so for example i want the pegasus. So if i were to do 100% in skill and 100% in strength, do i have an increased chance of getting the pegasus? Or do i have to go over 100% in skill (if so by how much?) To get a higher chance of getting pegasus?

11. Solest

The in game tool tip suggests you have to go above 100% in skill to have a higher chance; however, none of us are actually sure how that applies in reality as the actual numbers dont seem to add up. It seems that at that combo people are more likely to get a Pegasus, but no matter what you do there's always a chance you could get a unicorn. Sorry I cant give you anything more concrete than that.

There are some individuals in the BDO Horse Community discord who are crunching the numbers from the NA/EU results. You could always discuss with them what they have found to help you make your decision if you looking for further info.

12. LadyLilly

So i want a doom. can i best focus on strenght? bc if u go on the item with youre mouse its says doom. does it give higher change on getting the doom?

13. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Doom is not released yet. But if you want to prepare mats for his release, yes you would want to invest into Strength which is Good Roots and Pure Forest Breath.

14. LadyLilly

in the forum it saying it is?
    *New Update: Doom! was last edited in 2018

15. LadyLilly

16. RamblingRose

Shaynae, Caylea, Sidina and 1 other person like this.
  17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Wdym, we haz global build lol

18. Ciber

I recently get one T8 Horse and i want to make it courser, i was thinking about brand him but he is lvl 7 right now with fore chop hind kick and drift learnt, it is worth to brand it on lvl 7?

19. RamblingRose

Most of us have found branding to be a waste of money. Put the money you would spend on a brand towards skill change coupons.

If your horse has just those three skills at level 7, I have a suspicion that he is going to be really hard to turn courser. If you are looking for a horse to awaken, check the horse market for t8s coursers, some are fairly cheap - fish and grind until you have to money to just buy one instead of spending rl money to convert the one you currently have.

Shaynae likes this.
  20. LadyLilly