1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID -19 and Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Stabby, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Stabby

There's a lot of things happening all over the world right now. World markets are crashing and people are dying. The W.H.O. today pushed the coronavirus up to its highest level.

At present South Korea (where Pearl Abyss is located) is being hammered by this virus. Thousands of employers are telling people to stay home and not come to work. Because of this I expect Pearl Abyss to follow suit eventually. Which begs the question, at which point does this COVID 19 thing effect our gameplay and weekly patches?

I intentionally put this thread under "General Gameplay" because I think it's a discussion that we need to have; and the widespread epidemic/pandemic will have on South Korea (and the rest of the world).. I don't see our servers going offline as a result, but other potential possibilities could soon effect all BDO players.

Either way, since we are an international community with players all over the world we will be effected in different ways and at different times. South Korea and Italy are the two hardest hit right now (outside of China). So I wish you all well and hope you get through this.

How do you think COVID 19 will effect us here in BDO and when do you think we'll get a reply from Pearl Abyss on the measures they plan to take and the state of the game during this emergency?

Here is a live feed of COVID 19 cases worldwide. I should note that a link to this Johns Hopkins site is being delayed intentionally. There have been complaints all over the world that the sites live updates are effecting market prices by the minute. So expect longer delays in their reporting times now. Timestamp is in the bottom left corner on the site.

#1 Stabby, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    PeaceInChaos likes this.
  2. Sandpit_

Welcome to the "Who cares about people dying, what matters is that I can play a game" thread

Debra, Oaklay, Souda and 3 others like this.
  3. Stabby

That's not the case at all! Just the opposite! But it's going to effect us sooner than later. So why not discuss how it's going to effect Black Desert Online, Pearl Abyss and Kakao? It's inevitable.

4. Catastigma

At this time 2700 people died of Normal flu ( influenza) in the USA since January.

Come on , It is dramatization and this intention to scare is literally terrorism.

Corvid-19 case is Over dramatized.

5. Kelt Rand

New Pearl Shop item “Elixir of Corona”, vaccinates your toon for 15-days only 4000 pearls.

Yusawa, Joungf, Oaklay and 8 others like this.
  6. Stabby

So are you saying you don't believe COVID 19 will effect Pearl Abyss, Kakao or BDO players? Is that the point you're trying to make?

7. Catastigma

it doesn’t affect them if they don’t really care and doesn’t fall for the terrorist b@llshit.

3 days in a quiet bed. It won't change their slug slowness planing. Like the normal seasonal flu dont affect it neither

Erroll likes this.
  8. Nelyvia

"Welcome to the "Who cares about people dying, what matters is that I can play a game" thread"

Litteraly what just said is confirming what he said

Vortexii and Fearless V like this.
  9. woots

its the Humanity doom begin, since we are overpopulating earth, guess that's a natural purge coming, nothing to worry about

10. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

I personally don't see it affecting BDO any.

11. LucidKill

Server maintenances can be automated. Smaller patches can be worked on remotely. I guarantee this company has it's own plans on keeping the money flowing.

12. Columba

“No worse than the common cold!” T - RUMP! Loool

13. Stabby

The seasonal flu is not a pandemic, this is. The seasonal flu doesn't crash world markets, this does. The seasonal flu doesn't force employers to tell their workers not to come to work, this does. The seasonal flu doesn't stop international travel and borders to be blocked, this does.

I could keep going. It's not about whether you believe what the worlds smartest and highest educated medical professionals are saying about the COVID 19 virus, it's what effect it will have regardless of your belief.

At some point it's going to effect THIS game! It's going to effect THIS company! It could potentially kill players in THIS community! So plase keep your tin foil hat theories to yourself. It is what it is, regardless of your personal opinion of how serious it is. It's effecting everything right now. Don't be naive enough to think it's not going to effect Black Desert Online.

RainbowRat and T800 like this.
  14. Catastigma

World market is affected cause of this Over Mediatisation and Dramatization.
    People speculate and panic, Same ******** as during the subprime crisis
    Politicians only respond to this Media terrorist.
    We are in the midst of idiocracy. i remind you
    People never learn.

15. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Well.
    upload_2020-2-28_20-15-3.png
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Did not know the common cold had that "good" of a mortality rate. Seriously if that trend continues to go like this. It is insane. It might not be as deadly as Ebola, but it spreads a lot faster.
    Then people with symptons that had contact making and infection plausible do not even call public authorities to get tested. They rather risk killing everyone they come into contact with with a chance of 7% (according to this information so far). How ****ing stupid can you be taking the risk of spreading this **** and literally killing thousands, because you helped chaining the virus spread across the entire country.
    In reality those viruses could be dealt with far more easily if people ****ing used their brains. But they rather "party hard" on big festivals. Later they realize 150 people possibly got infected and spread the **** all over the country on their way back to their hometown.

In comparison :
    upload_2020-2-28_20-27-37.png

Shariah, Shoucouscous and Venour like this.
  16. Findubar

The case fatality rate for covid is 2.3%, the case fatality rate for ebola was 90%. I'll let you guys draw your own conclusion.

17. Kelt Rand

Looks like the anti-science, Fox News brain dead crowd is saying this is all a hoax.

the same crowd that painted a migrant caravan a few years ago making its way to the US border as the zombie apocalypse....

Shariah and Columba like this.
  18. T800

Not very worried about BDO, since O'dylitta is only planned to be released in Q2 around summer time. And the last Succession we are getting is in a few days.
    There is nothing else left other than Papu vs Otter war - which no one seem to be very enthusiastic about.

[​IMG]

19. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Yeah comparing the fatality rate to ebola is amazing. WIth that comparison nothing really seems to be dangerous. Ebola did not spread like this.

upload_2020-2-28_20-43-25.png

Not even 30k cases reported in 3 years. In addition to it being extremely concentrated to a few african countries.
    Now look at how corona spreads, which is not really surprising it having started in china. Which has a far greater total population and is also far more connected to the rest of the world. Even if the the fatality rate is only 1%. It is way too high for it to be allowed to spread ****ing everywhere. Do you want yourself or your family to die because some monkeyass at work that just came back from china(or was at some kind of event or festival with international audience etc) did not contact the authorities to get treated and isolated? Even though he clearly had symptons possibly indicating that he might be infected?

Stabby likes this.
  20. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Guys chill with thid media panic show...

Its nothing but a weak flu BUT with a name...

2500 deaths worldwide?
    Normal season flu 2018 ripped 25000 in only germany

Think about it

Its just because they gave it a name

Corrus likes this.