1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID -19 and Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Stabby, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Columba

“It’s all a DEMOCRAT HOAX!” Lol bone spurs the MAGAT

2. Columba

Ok Trumplestilskin. The flu mortality rate is 0.14%. Coronavirus mortality rate is 3.5%. Is your last name Pence? Lool

3. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Wow 3.5%...

Id rather get hit by a car

4. Andaro

Ambassador

Since the community does have a legitimate concern, I suppose I can share, .... Pearl Abyss has already taken measures regarding the outbreak in SKR so players should not worry about about the pipeline. I won't go into specifics, but you needn't worry.

With that being said, much love and positive thoughts to all our community members across the globe that are weathering this storm.

RainbowRat and I Am Mother like this.
  5. Xeniph

Aha!
    But you can't compare the percentages of the two. Sample size is way too small on one of them!

6. KillSecurity

You’re going off of numbers of cases that have been reported. COVID-19 has similar/identical effects on people to Influenza (also a corona virus). Cases have been clinically underreported in China, so the actual mortality rate is likely much, much lower.

I’d be much more afraid of the seasonal Flu than COVID honestly.

7. Stabby

The confirmed cases and the confirmed deaths are what gave the W.H.O. the numbers. Not speculative numbers. And 2.3% is the numbers I've heard as well. If we go off speculative and projected numbers there are over 3.5 mil people infected right now. That translates to about 90,000 deaths within the next two weeks. Edit: And that's 900,000 deaths in the next month @10 people per contact average. That was the number that spooked the CDC.

#27 Stabby, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  8. LeCordonBleu

Man, I like how you twist words to make it seem like a bad thing. Of course, every company has a system set up so that their company doesn't just crash and burn whenever something bad happens in the world.

9. Paric

Exactly this estimates of top virologists say at least 10x-20x higher rate of actual infections than the reported/confirmed ones, the thing is COVID-19 in mild form is something almost noebody will get tested for cuz it cud just as easely be a flu or a bit more severe case of cold. So actualy mortality rates once the initial panic is over shouldnt rly be any much different than its is with influenza.

So please stop with the panic spreading, and doomsaying cuz you are not helping anyone with it.

Man rly you should take a breath or two and calm down, the W.H.O number of 2,3% applys only to confirmed cases, which by estimates of people that are experts in virology represents a max of 10% of actual cases and no that doesnt mean that 10s of thausands people will die in next two weeks just means that majority of infected are unavare of it and dont even get tested or go to the doctor cuz the simptoms are to mild for them to consider it anything more than a cold or flu.

#29 Paric, Feb 28, 2020
  10. Stabby

It doesn't matter if it's 3000 deaths or 300,000 deaths. The fact is that it's spreading so fast that the world is reacting. 60% of all Chinese companies in major cities are closed. 60%!!!! Panic or not, the effect is the reality.

Let's stay on topic. It doesn't matter if you believe or not. It matters if it effects us or not.

11. Paric

There is nothing to belive i was stating what experts in the field are saying, while you semm to be focused more on media reports. Noebody is questioning the negative effects on economy etc...

12. Stabby

Ya, I'm focused on media reports. That's why I linked a video of todays W.H.O. briefing. You called it "panic spreading". I call it facts and a conversation about how those facts will effect Black Desert Online.

Kids these days.

Edit: In case you want to watch the full briefing.

#32 Stabby, Feb 28, 2020
  13. Columba

False. Coronavirus has infected over 84,000 people and killed 2700. more than high enough sample size, that's statistics.

#33 Columba, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020
  14. Columba

So the world health organization, that states that this is much more dangerous than the flu is wrong, and you are right?

#34 Columba, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020
  15. Paric

Heh i guess i must have hit a nerve there. I mean its not my problem you cant look at whole picture and are hellbent on W.H.O confirmed cases/deaths statistics disregarding the rest what the experts are saying.
    Now dont get me wrong here noebody is denying effects on economy or the possebility of global spread of it. Anyhow this will be my last msg on the topic cuz its pointless to attempt to reason with "true belivers'' For all i care its perfectly in your right to run to the nearest supermarket buy up a years worth supply of caned food and hide in one of those doomsday prepers shelters that are popular in America and wait it out.

16. Stabby

Good. Because you have yet to say a single word about Black Desert Online. That's what this conversation is about after all.

17. LucidKill

Who said making money is a bad thing? I don't see the point in freaking out. The game will keep rolling.

18. Dalenos

The issue with covid19 is that it's very contagious that the issue. That's the panic and yes Dems are taking advantage of this because of orange man bad. They have no hope of winning in 2020. Leftist media and Dems are acting like it's ebola which has a 90% mortality rate compare covid19 that's 2%.

19. Xeniph

I disagree, the numbers by comparison aren't close enough to draw a conclusion.

Flu- 340m- 1b annually (to arrive at the mortality rate)
    Covid- 84k (so far, to arrive at a mortality rate)

My point is until we can reach the same sample size, we can't know how the two compare, really. Sure you can come up with a mortality rate statistic with any number, but it's just not a valid comparison.

Also, it was a bit of a joke- Since gamers always complain of small sample sizes :P And yes, 84k vs 340m is a very small sample size.

Dalenos likes this.
  20. Columba

84K is NOT a small sample size. check the requirements for t-tests