1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Crafting vs Killing.

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Blackbirdx61, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Blackbirdx61

Please dont think I am trolling. I am not,

I recently downloaded BDO but have not had much opportunity to play yet; but given what I see in the new player video's the game seems to be very focused on Crafting, and building a business empire. More like and RTS than any other MMO's I've played.

As I have Zero interest in crafting in any game I've ever played; I was wondering if a player focused on Killing and living off ones loot has any real chance to succeed in this game.

2. Myracle

You mean killing mobs? Than yes. Grinding makes the biggest amount of money on the game. All those empires will not make you even close to what grinding has to offer you. However, they will win anyways due to them being working 24/7 wether you doing something or not. As long as game is running. If you do grinding 10 hours a day daily you will come on top. So I am going to summarise it. Grinding is the best active money on the game. Period.

3. Claydough

This is incorrect

Life skilling will earn you more silver when you know what youre doing, its alot of setup but youll get to a point where youll be making more than grinding

4. Myracle

That is not wrong lmao. Lifeskilling will earn you more money with the proper setup only because you can run it 24/7. It will never beat the active grinding however. Period. Active grind gives you turn-ins plus rare drops if you grind in good locations. Which can give you alot of silver mind you. If you take lifeskilling for example and you take grinding and say okay both of you have 8 hours. Grinding will win. Because it is active. Now reread what i said above and comment again. thank you

5. Nyhver

You can definitely a mob-grind based player and still make money well enough. You'll succeed in terms of having decent money. Skill points are less of an issue when grinding is more emphasized, but RNG on whether you get item upgrades and your plan for gear as well as unnecessary risks is going to affect you succeeding as well. Go for the higher money spots but importantly efficient spots with efficiency overall as a high priority and you'll make decent money. That's what it's about, and you might as well have your workers gathering stuff since they're there to gather materials whether you kill mobs or not.

6. Myracle

Exactly my point. It will make you great silver if you are efficient enough and know what you do. As i said before lifeskills will come on top if you know what you are doing. Lifeskills will only come on top for a long run however because they are active 24/7 vs grinding you can't do that you will go crazy.

7. Claydough

Active life skilling will beat it

The secret to lifeskills is several things at once
    I myself can only make 300mil actively + passive silver, but some streamers are puching upwards of 400-500mil of active life skills per day

Id be interesed to see any grinder walk away with anything close to this every day

8. Myracle

Then i guess you are damn of a lifeskiller. I make around 10 scrolls an hour with 60+blackstones and at least one serap necklace. I do not know what you do for lifeskilling that you make that much money I do own an empire my self. I guess gotta check what i do wrong

9. Blackbirdx61

Ty all very much, gives me a feel for things. Hope to cu in game soon.

10. GM BBrilliant

Game Master

Hi @Blackbirdx61 I hope the communities comments help you on your adventurers. My two cents would be to experience it yourself, if you prefer grinding and sell the loot you get to make a living, then play the game that way! Your game, you can do what you want. :)

eitheldin and Grehm like this.
  11. Grehm

Grehm Dreadwood NA

If you want an efficient way to make good money with time spent, it's going to be with life-skilling. So try to get past that block and find something you don't hate. Afk fish, and gather for making imperial crates if anything, it'll bring you plenty of extra revenue.