1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Desert....potential sequel or successor to BDO announced

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WillJoestar, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 62

2. LithicForm

BDO ded gaem cumfirmed?

3. MindaugasR

4. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

5. Arkeingel

So, could it be that PA is collaborating with Tecmo Koei and that CD will be sort of Hack and Slash type of game similar to Dynasty Warriors 9 but with online mode?

6. CozyMan

Nope, still a lot of desync and crap. Not bad, i get 20-60 ping in most games

7. MADE

Success is relative. Neither player wise, nor revenue wise, bdo is nowhere close to wow. Heck, not even close to any game in the top10 region.
    If you define success as not died instantly, then yes, it was a success.

8. Maevynn

Success is absolutely relative and it'll mean different things to different people, but how high does one's threshold go before it becomes unreasonable? My point was that they did better than expected. I, personally, wouldn't call pulling in an average ~30 million USD a quarter (meaning ~120 million USD a year) in net profits from 2 games (BDO PC/Console and BDO Mobile) "unsuccessful". (These numbers are very plainly given to us on their quarterly earnings presentations.)

It's obviously not close to WoW, but no other MMORPG that comes to mind really is close to WoW—if you weigh any MMORPG's financial success against WoW's then they aren't going to look all that successful compared to such a giant. It's like comparing a millionaire to a billionaire—but few would say that the millionaire is financially unsuccessful.

Smileybones likes this.
  9. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

What I want to know is what does this mean for Berserk? Why is BDO promoting Berserk? Is there something new in the works for the IP I'm unaware of? New season without the ugly 2.5d animation? New game? I'm down for anything Berserk.

Fateneko likes this.
  10. Doom Smack

Hopefully we find out soon with the trailer reveal later today (I think), but if Crimson turns out to be a new engine for Black Desert, it would be such a huge win both for the players and pearl abyss. I mean it would show great support for the game and players and they would probably gain a lot of popularity and make total bank. But we will see, that does seem a bit too hopeful.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/11/11/...ion-on-crimson-desert-pearl-abyss-new-mmorpg/
    "PA has talked about transferring the game to the new engine, and it’s possible this is what Crimson Desert is. Personally, I wouldn’t mind a new engine, but it makes sense to just build a new game around the engine, rather then import the game over."

11. Doom Smack

Yep I wanna know more about that too, I got that series on dvd ages back is good.

12. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I read a ton of the manga but I advise reading it in smaller doses as it can be pretty disturbing.

Fateneko likes this.
  13. Cascaden

I LIVE TO BE DISTURBED! I BINGE READ BERSERK MANGA!

Fateneko and JM like this.
  14. Averdun

They don't have any Dwarfs in the game, it won't matter to me, I won't be investing/playing it. I'm looking for a High, High, High, fantasy game regardless if it's a Korean game or not and if they can't deliver that with their new " Flagship" MMO, then they have lost me and probably a few other 100,000 other people.

15. nolasigns

That article is "speculations" based on hindsight evaluation of old conversations. I tend to agree with what they were perceiving, but I don't see it happening. The merge over to a new concept may have been the plan, originally. but, scrapped due to how poorly some of the test or "experimental" introductions were received by the current BDO player base.

"Slow and clunky" and the persistent vote to make that test subject identical to previous existing mechanics, comes to mind. They're calling the new game their flagship because it's moving forward with the times. BDO, and the player base that would reject the new forward movement in the industry, like it was christ's second coming, is just something they will do file dumps of rejected concepts on and call it new content for those that didn't realize "slow and clunky" just meant they sucked at figuring out how to make it faster and smoother. The concepts that will make this new game their "flagship" was already a ***** and moan fest by the core players of BDO. Not a good way to open a new game. Best to let the old ship sink...with its constantly sick sailors.

History? The Shai "experimental" run. Vastly rejected, and fully misunderstood. Also the inspiration for my spoofs-

Present? Eter Lee is lead combat designer to the new title.

Future? A game where an AP monkey could remain slow and clunky.

16. Catastigma

#256 Catastigma, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  17. LightningFFXIII-4

It's not BDO 2. It's more like a 1 Player Story Driven game like Witcher or something like that. Meh. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Still good to play thou if you like to get more lore on BDO related things.

18. valasceria

19. Doom Smack

Yeah since when does an MMO have a 1P Campaign so....

Seems they throwing around mmo term for things? Looks more like a dark souls style imo. Maybe with open world quests and things akin to an mmo style.

Yeah like witcher or something

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

bDo Is Ded ReEeE

Deyric and Naho like this.