1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Desert....potential sequel or successor to BDO announced

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WillJoestar, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

The Red Desert in Korean is called 붉은사막, which is also the Korean name for Crimson Desert, so it definitely is based on that.

Whitrix likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

ok, so i guess now the biggest issue with PA releasing this new fantasy based mmo is that only an idiot would pay money to black desert cash shop now, knowing its being prepared to die.

i mean, honestly, why support this game if its funding the new game that is gonna kill it?

i guess bdo whales will soon really have their precious pens to have trully challenging combat (which everyone claims they are after) with other whales. :D

#42 WhySoSeeryus, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  3. Jaeger

The combat designer of the new upcomming mmorpg of pa is the same of the game c9, so when ppl played c9 they will know that the combat system of c9 is very good(my opinion) but the servers were crap af xD

4. T800

Yeah, after reading this news, it kind of putting me off from playing Black Desert now.

I doubt they will shut it down, as it will still produce lots of money, but maybe turn it in to a Lifeskill - Easy mode - Casual MMORPG. This might explain the sudden shift to Sea Content and introduction of bartering system. They might be shifting the focus of the game away from PvP.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i honestly was even lazy to process stuff today.

Rygart and T800 like this.
  6. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Can't help feeling the same. Fortunately they don't respect their customers so it's becoming easier for me to pull away.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  7. Asterotis

They're grabbing a lot of competitors from past action mmorpgs, smart move imo.
    They have Vindictus' past artist (Kim Beom) now they got the guys from C9 and publishes ShiftUp's Destiny Child (Helmed by NCSoft's former BnS artists), Also publishing A:IR (After Bluehole seemed to have cut ties with En Masse after the almost failure that was TERA) They know what they're doing.

#47 Asterotis, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    MMoNoob likes this.
  8. rSick

I hope not. I don't mind paying for Outfits or Value Pack since is the same as a subscription which i would pay anyway for a game that i like. But the weight and RNG tier up pets...ugh...nop!

Also, i am curious if they will have no gender class lock this time. Would be a win in my book. And better karma system (hell, even faction vs faction i would not mind - one way to get rid of karma issues i guess)

9. Mirajane

i bet itll still not be optimized like BDO

10. Jaeger

i think it will with their economy measures with bdo at the moment....

11. Dexo 2

A week ago there was a thread about bdo having no content, bad pvp and etc. My statement was "They dont do anything because they are making a new mmorpg" I guess i see the future. Who wants to know their future?:D

12. Jaeger

tell me which class will be the best in pvp there

13. Dexo 2

If you see a class thats similiar to bdo ninja/sorc, they will be god tier:D

14. Jaeger

wrong! the best class will be desync

MoonDance17 likes this.
  15. Amirite

I am just thinking that it could benefit them as us veteran players/new players, that used a lot of real money in there cash shop, so they will have a lot of players already from the start and why not?

16. Amirite

It was just a wish really, and why not give some of the many players a benefit from what we already have put our money into? It can be done, if it's done right.

17. Naho

From BDO we are now going to CDO? Interesting

MMoNoob likes this.
  18. ghoulz666

Will that title not revolve around the desert as well? This game is Blue Ocean Online atm.

LittleBabe, WinterMilla and MMoNoob like this.
  19. BDOISBROKEN

Haha yeah fuk this company. They can take their new game and shove it up their black desert a hole.

Mirajane likes this.
  20. BDOISBROKEN

is PA actually asking us to fund their new crap by buying crap in a useless game like BDO??? See how this can backfire?

Mirajane and JM like this.