1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Desert....potential sequel or successor to BDO announced

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WillJoestar, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Yeah when i saw the news about this, idk what to think tbh. This is a really scary move that might leave bdo dead even if it gets support till that game is done and launched. But like alot have said this does make me now not wanna play bdo anymore, like at this rate what will be the point i bearly have fun, I just hold on to any last effert in hopes I could have some good pvp here and there.

PeaceInChaos, MMoNoob and Fateneko like this.
  2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I wonder what is going to happen to BDO in next 5 years? Isn't it too soon to have another BDO?

MikeyMutz, MMoNoob and Mirajane like this.
  3. DarkGG

What gets me is if they really only been in dev for about a yr how did they move so fast, unless they are using most of bdo systems?

Mirajane likes this.
  4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I wonder if Crimson Desert is everything we have been asking for in BDO lol

Obviously released with intention to not have heavy P2W, but then turned into hardcore P2W later on just like BDOP did lol

5. Dexo 2

Maybe an updated version of bdo engine thats just renamed as a new engine

MMoNoob likes this.
  6. DarkGG

See i am kinda hoping its just that, maybe a massive expansion with a new continent for bdo, with all the fixes and everything we been asking for. BDO is still to young to have the company release another mmo that directly competes against itself

PeaceInChaos and MMoNoob like this.
  7. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

the private servers of BDO was stolen name after the engine crimson desert, not the other way around. but then you wouldn't know that because you are not a reverse engineer :D

T800 and Mirajane like this.
  8. T568B

9. Dexo 2

I see why they want to make a new game because alot of new players, the first wave of buying the new game brings loads of profit. Bdo has so many problems,it would take alot of time to fix most of it, so while fixing the problems they wont get much profit from it.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  10. ALO

ALO

"Crimson Desert
    Next up we have Crimson Desert, an open-world fantasy MMORPG. You’ll play as one of three tribes fighting for survival and control of the Pywell continent."

If this that is written is correct then that new game has to be survival type MMO and to "fight" New world on Amazon, but with that name and that short time since September 2018 is so BDO2 or better BDO type game ... I don't know, but for sure for a lot of ppl it is interesting to see where their money went, we knew for the fps and the family MMO, but that new MMO fantasy game is a surprise.

For sure even kids now have to understand is that BDO PC especially Na/EU is that last thing that PA cares, not as it wasn't known for most just the other didn't believe. He new memes for PvE and PvP plan have to be 'materialized" soon or most of the community will be depressed and lied again that I don't think many will play that new game no matter how good it is /it is questionable till that date that PA can deliver finished product at all/

11. T568B

New World by Amazon Studios was my thought exactly.

12. zhagsten

Remastered Engine™

13. TwilightAngel

Crimson desert is faction vs faction vs faction. Wouldn't call it a successor of BDO..... Maybe inspired by it

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

sounds like more potential content just going by that.

15. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Sounds like BnS

Mirajane and Naho like this.
  16. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

fraction vs fraction is total bullcrap, not only every "skilled player" stack on 1 side, but they grief each other, as they are "same fraction" so they should "work together". And 3 way just gonna be 2vs1 all the time. And knowing PA, they have no idea how to motivate players to work of something.

17. TwilightAngel

Desyncs and lag does happen in all games even WoW.

Also lag not always a game companies fault either. It can be ISP connection issues and how you are being routed to servers location

Smileybones likes this.
  18. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

That was value point like 10 years ago, nowadays, if you play your region, you have on average maximum 50ms, so its really hard to cover garbage netcode ( like BDO) over connection problems. Yes there is actually connection problems exist, but they not permanent, unlike BDO's netcode.

PeaceInChaos and Draconnix like this.
  19. TwilightAngel

One reason I liked Rising Force Online. It was faction vs faction vs faction....the underdog races would team up against the stronger race to and would trade off wins during Chip wars. Also at one point both factions teamed up to fight the faction I was part of and we held off both advancement and took out the other factions control point

So sometimes it can be fun sometimes like you stated will be bs.... It's based on how comited they are on adjustments

20. TwilightAngel

You do know most the United States still has garbage internet connection right?

If you live in a major area then yes there no issues however if you don't then 50ms is a pipedream for many

Smileybones likes this.