1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Desert....potential sequel or successor to BDO announced

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WillJoestar, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Mimimimi

Is that an evil way to stay gdpr compliant?

2. T800

The way i see it, Crimson and Black Desert will be the same as Atlas and Ark.

So the development for Crimson Desert will be short, should get beta by 2022 for sure, if not early.

The Screenshot for Crimson Desert, that showed Warrior from BDO, should have hinted by now, it not a new game, just Black Desert with different setting and story.

They can easily change the maps in BDO and design some similar classes that will fit the new setting, very quickly - i mean in just 4 years, they expanded BDO map with Mediah, Valencia, Ocean, Kamasilvia, Dreighan and Star's End while adding 12 Classes. It's a piece of cake for them to do it now.

BDO has it's own flaws, like PvP, so they decided to make a PvP centric version of BDO, instead of beating the dead horse.

BDO - Casual/Lifeskill
    CDO - PvP/Esport.

That's how it will be.

3. Ashaara

So if every player that is online right now has every PEN Item in their Slots and everyone of the participate in Pvp Activites, means that Pvp is going to be totally broken and unbalanced? Doesn't that mean that BDO from the beginning on was never designed for exactly this? A marathon to the top? To be the best flexer online? How is it wrong that the top most people arent allowed to enjoy exactly that how the game is designed?

IF Crimson Desert is actually a better Version von BDO, then they need to reconceptualize their whole Gamedesign, because ending Guild Payouts and a better Anti Cheat System isnt going to change anything, but delay the inevitable: Another Cash Grab Dumpster

4. MindaugasR

I think it will be just very big expansion and renamed BDO. I don't think that they want release completely new game because as I remember they say want support BDO for at least next 10-15 year if they release new game it completely kill BDO and there is no logic reason why they released now Xbox and mobile version BDO.

5. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 63 EU

and what makes you think they didnt lie about that?
    (dont get me wrong, I hope ur right)

6. rSick

The least thing to rely on XO
    If i had a penny every time a gaming company said something and did not keep their word in the last 15 years, i would have enough to fund my own BDO :D

WinterMilla and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. WNxArcticwolf

i thought that was a private server ?

8. T800

It won't kill BDO, it will just milk you in both BDO and CDO, than DDO, and EDO etc!

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  9. Doom Smack

Yeah they only just release console BDO so a replacement doesn't really make sense.

Or maybe:

BDO: hardcore
    CDO: attempt at wow clone

10. Doom Smack

All the ideas and speculations are great btw *popcorn*

EDIT: Actually something not pointed out yet is it seems to be called just 'crimson desert' with no online added. Minor detail.

#150 Doom Smack, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  11. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Black Desert is missing the 'Online' in Korean as well. Just for some of the western versions the 'Online' part was added. And as someone had pointed out, in the tab itself it says "Epic Fantasy MMORPG".

12. ALO

ALO

BDO HAD OK PVP BUT THEY RUINED IT AT EVERY POINT OPEN WORLD, NW and SIEGE

13. Doom Smack

I wasnt implying its not an online game or mmo was just mentioned the naming. And ok that's cool to know about black desert not having the online part in Korean as well.

14. T800

BDO can't be balanced in PvP anymore. Too many unbalanced classes, to much gear dependence, too many changes in PvP mechanics over the years. BDO can never be hardcore anymore, because it's a mess. BDO will be, and already have been turned in to a testing ground for Crimson Desert Online.

Remember the Territory Wars they were testing in Korea? Guess where it will be now? In CDO of course.
    Now it makes sense why they suddenly unannounced added the whole Great Ocean Expansion with new ships and naval combat mechanics. It's to test it for CDO Ocean content.

CDO will give them a new start, a chance to correct their early mistakes with the classes, game mechanics and a new Pearl Shop which will bring them even more money. They will 100% change gear progression so it doesn't bottleneck at PEN - this was one of their biggest mistakes in BDO. Also gear diversity that was removed from BDO few years ago.

CDO will indeed become their new Flagship, while BDO will be a casual testing ground.

15. Deyric

Based on what?

Smileybones likes this.
  16. Deyric

And your expertise in game design is from where? Armchair QBs sigh.

Smileybones likes this.
  17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Unless Crimson Desert proves to be some type of re-work or expansion to Black Desert, I will be admittedly disappointed to see that they've obviously moved almost their entire development team away from an unfinished game. We've got large amounts of the world map unrevealed in Black Desert still and like has been said already the PvP is anything but balanced, but given proper development could easily be remedied.

However, if Crimson Desert proves to be an entirely separate game from Black Desert, think of how long it takes to develop a full-fledged and detailed world like Black Desert to when development was said to have been started. They said late 2018, Black Desert took at least 5 years to create and then go into CBT, so we're looking at 2024 for a Korean CBT and then 1-2 years before a global release is made, so 2026 for us possibly. That puts us directly into the window that Pearl Abyss said they expected for game longevity of 10-20 years, I guess they were really stretching it with the 20 end of the spectrum.

I am disappointed in this because I see that Black Desert is still graphically the best MMO available and the combat system despite having class and PvP imbalances is still by far the best out there. So to see them decide to move to another game rather then polish this to the furthest possible extent is disappointing to say the least. I mean look at Blizzard and WoW, I know we don't want a cookie-cutter game, but jeez if WoW can run that long why can't a game unrivaled run half as long?

Anyways, PLAY BLACK DESERT MOBILE WITH ME, LOL! It's a better version of the game and the storyline is soooo much better, ok done shilling. <3

18. Findubar

They got all that whale money to speed up development. If history have thought us anything is that the game that will run on any system will always out compete demanding games: Wow, lol, fortnite, cs go, minecraft

19. LightningFFXIII-4

Marathon? You mean jumping in a car and doing 100mph for a year while the rest keeps running on foot? lol.

You really think this game is still a marathon when ppl were collecting 5 billion silver in guild payouts last year, and now ppl are just outright buying Accounts with 600+ GS created by those speedhacking zerkers? PVP in this game is dead lol.

I laugh at all the siege guilds trolling on world chat thinking they're badass on a Dead game.

Things that destroyed BDO: Guild Payouts, lack of action against Exploiters/Speedhackers/RMT.

#159 LightningFFXIII-4, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  20. SoggyCow

https://crimsondesert.pearlabyss.com/en/Main/Index

in development for a year, their next "flag-ship" mmorpg. thats right, all your pearls were put into CDO.

Will BDO servers shut down to make everybody move to CDO?
    Will this kill off 80% of the remaining bdo players?

Welp, its been fun, thats all, folks :D