1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Desert Survey

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by t4mpel, Nov 15, 2019.

?

What is your first Impression ?

This poll will close on Dec 15, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
  1. I am totally not interested

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. I will give it a try no matter what

8 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Its to early to have an impression

19 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. HYPED

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Fix BDO instead this

27 vote(s)
    32.5%
  6. Garbage

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  7. Ask me again in 2025

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  8. I hate polls.

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. t4mpel

I think it's interesting. Let's see.

2. T800

The advertised it as a 3 Faction MMORPG, but only showed a Single Player Story.

Didn't lived up to expectations so far.

3. Maevynn

I think there's way too much misinformation about Crimson Desert going around in general to get an actual read on what people think of it. The speculative press and wild YouTuber theories before it was officially announced really did not help, especially because almost none of them looked at sources (maybe partially because Crimson Desert was called 'Project CD' by Pearl Abyss before this).

The sometimes-awkward translations from Korean also don't always help. Overall, right now things are a mess.

My opinion is we've just seen the single-player campaign they talked about and absolutely none of the MMORPG portion. I'm excited about the campaign part and like what I saw, but have no idea what to expect from the MMORPG proper and will be eagerly awaiting more information on that aspect of Crimson Desert.

Tokigare, Felyni, Factorial and 2 others like this.
  4. Tweryx

I am i the only one who noticed that the sorceress default appearance is shown as a character in both Crimson desert and Plan 8?
    seems a little uninspired.

5. Maevynn

Ahaha yeah, I felt they looked somewhat similar too:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Kind of looks like a Western interpretation of the Sorceress default. Sorc default is definitely less angular/intense looking on comparison though. I'd remembered her differently than she is.

Thought it was kinda neat though, rather than uninspired. Didn't bug me much.

6. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Where did it state so ?

7. ghoulz666

I don't need any information. BDO has laughable enough handling by the devs. Why would I touch another product of theirs?

Dalenos, Life2v, Auralexia and 2 others like this.
  8. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Smileybones and T800 like this.
  9. Saffor

I guess the main story will be about purchasing inventory expansions, pets and outfits and that it will have an annoying enhancement system where you fail many times, then your gear gets downgraded or destroyed... :D but hey,feel free to prove me wrong :)

MADE likes this.
  10. T800

I am curios how does one kills this
    [​IMG]

with out Magic?

11. Megta

Megta Archer EU

The same way you kill Kutum.
    Giant Wurm, Giant Snake, where is the difference?

12. T800

BDO world has magic, Crimson Desert doesn't.

This is probably why in Crimson Desert trailer there are 99% man and demi-humans, while you only see 1 women that can fight(an Archer in Macduff party), which is 99% going to get killed in the scene where a dragon is chasing her, cause she stole a Dragon Youngling, and tight it around her horse in a bag. And that pissed off Dragon lands right in front of her. She is as good as dead there.

Which is why i am wondering how in the world are they fighting this creatures like Dragons, Giant Snake/Water Dragons and a Monkey/Deer/Bear hybrid in the snow scene?

13. Maevynn

Nice catch with the dragon baby in the bag, hadn't noticed that!

There could be some magic-users in the setting and they might just be rare/feared—but either way, it's definitely less prominent for sure you're absolutely right. Another thing I noticed is that we don't see any elves, and I thought one character might've been a dwarf but I was pretty unsure (the one standing near Macduff when he's talking to the goblin on the wall). We do see that people have guns, so that could be part of how they kill these things—but it doesn't seem like the guns are prominent enough for that to be a major part of gameplay unless they're used secondarily. PA recently tweeted Macduff's sword, so that's probably gonna be his main weapon.

Maybe they're going to go Dark Souls bosses on us and we're just going to have to whittle these huge things down one small amount of health at a time while dodging their murderous blows? It is a great question though.

14. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

it's their answer for all the pens that peoples been having for months.

Dalenos likes this.
  15. Factorial

Dude, this is fantasy. One dwarf with a half full pipe could hammer that thing to death without getting bog water on her boots.

Don't inject doses of reality into a fantasy.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

This. Once bitten twice shy for me and I will never buy a pearl abyss or kakao game again. Liars should not be rewarded.

#16 Phoenixxx75, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  17. MADE

Given we are talking about PA, this is pretty much expected.

T800 likes this.
  18. MADE

++Pretty much. Never buy any game that have anything to do with kakao or PA. They don't care about their players, they lie into your face, their customer support is pure thrash, and you can be 100% sure, that they transform anything they touch into a p2w thrash.

Also their developers are so incompetent, that there are no words for it. Sure bdo looks nice... but that's all. It would be easier to list what is good in bdo, than list the things that are bad. They couldn't even create a functioning UI. LMAO, in wow, random noname players create better UI tough addons, than a company with hundreds of developers can...

Life2v likes this.
  19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Exactly, they promised an action combat sandbox MMO earlier this decade and provided an action combat sandbox MMO.

Talking is cheap I guess, being in charge of getting things done is another story.

20. Maevynn

Something to consider here is that PA hasn't been in charge of things like bans, PR, customer support, and so-on. Aside from the rare interviews/letters we get, they haven't really talked to us. That's all been Kakao—an entirely different company (actually something of a media giant in KR) that is just publishing BDO in NA/EU for PA. Some of their decisions/statements have definitely been unpopular, but don't necessarily reflect PA's thoughts on things. We learned recently that PA and Kakao have directly clashed over certain things like player bans.

I try to remember that what Kakao says/does, whether we agree with it or not, doesn't necessarily reflect Pearl Abyss as a company. Pearl Abyss is instead reflected in the game design and those interviews/letters, which has been back-and-forth. In my opinion, we don't really know what PA is like as a publisher for NA/EU—and PA is unlikely to use Kakao for publishing Crimson Desert. They've taken back publishing rights in BDO KR from Kakao, published BDO themselves on PS4/Xbox, and self-published BDO mobile.

I'm not saying that I think they're "so much better than Kakao" or anything like that, or even that I personally think Kakao is bad, I'm just being honest with myself in that I don't really know what to expect from PA alone since Kakao is kind of the public face of the game in NA/EU. We hear what they think/say much more often than what PA thinks/says.

I think we have to get opinions from players in regions/versions where PA runs the game. From what I've heard customer service is pretty awful in BDO RU, because they're trying to run customer support out of somewhere in East Asia? But I assume we'd get a similar priority to BDO KR considering PA put an office in America and BDO's console versions work through them. We could ask the people on console what they think of PA thus far.

Again, not saying they're better at all, just admitting I really do not know enough about PA as a publisher to pass judgment yet and would like to know what PA has personally done that's been bad so far so we can know what to watch out for.