1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Desert Survey

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by t4mpel, Nov 15, 2019.

?

What is your first Impression ?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2019.
  1. I am totally not interested

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. I will give it a try no matter what

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Its to early to have an impression

19 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. HYPED

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Fix BDO instead this

27 vote(s)
    32.1%
  6. Garbage

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Ask me again in 2025

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  8. I hate polls.

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 60 EU

I understand why people don't like the idea. Crimson desert looks like better bdo. So after all these years of grind and money spending of course they will be salty. I gave up on racing to top gear. months spent just to kill some players, waste of time. They said it will have much more pve content. DUNGEONS and RAIDS. One thing I wished bdo had, but there was no place for it in bdo. So yeah. Take all my money and release it. I'm hyped to start fresh and do actual dungeon mmo gameplay. That's all I wished for, for raids and dungeons.
    It's something new and based off black desert. It's going to be a good game. Don't mind being a founder for that too, just gimme the dungeons.

2. T800

They mentioned Dungeon and raids? Where? when?

TBH, it doesn't look better than BDO, because they haven't shown any MMO parts which you could use to compare to BDO.

The only noticeable difference in the game engine i saw, was the Snow, and Rendering distance of the trees and landscape.

They didn't even showed what combat look like in the game. Felt like they released the first trailer too soon.

Maevynn likes this.
  3. Maevynn

Yeah, I haven't personally heard of dungeons/raids but I'm about to start digging to see if maybe I missed an interview somewhere.

Not really sure where it's coming from, though I'm hoping it isn't from more rumors being spread as the truth about the game. People just can't help themselves and it's resulting in so much misinformation/confusion. Dangerous stuff, 'cause people build up an idea of what it'll be in their heads and then they have a high risk of being disappointed when the game rolls around.

#23 Maevynn, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  4. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

They haven't directly.

They have said the following after the trailer was shown, which may lead to some people thinking that it'll have dungeons and raids:

Smileybones and Maevynn like this.
  5. Maevynn

That's the quote I was thinking of where someone might take it to mean that, yeah. I've been hoping some people would've interviewed them and those interviews would've been translated to English, but so far no dice on that.

I have found a few interviews in Korean, but not many of them get into much aside from describing a 'mercenary system' that seems to work like the 'worker system' while also intersecting somehow with war/fighting—as well as some mercs more suited for 'production' (sounds like workers) while others are more suited for other things. It seems that Crimson Desert focuses less on your personal growth as a player at the end-game, and more on the growth of your 'mercenary corps' (or something like that). Everything I've been able to gather from it is majorly google translate so tons of warnings around that and I'm not saying it's necessarily true, but they talked about stuff like collecting and building up mercenaries. Sounded like they meant NPCs, and he actually seemed to compare it to the monster-collecting/training in the game DokeV somehow.

T800 likes this.
  6. T800

Thanks for the links.

This line:
    Their Mercenary system sounds a lot like Unit system in Conqueror's Blade.

This sounds a lot like the Siege PvP in CDO, will be centered around the fight for Control of Resources on the maps, which is also similar to Conqueror's Blade, or maybe i am just projecting too much of Conqueror's Blade in to Crimson Desert.

But so far it sounds like the PvP i might enjoy, since it's not just focused on Your character growth, but also your Mercenaries.

Maevynn likes this.
  7. T800

Oh i just remembered, a year ago, they announced a Subjugation system:

[​IMG]
    I guess they used this idea to create much deeper Mercenary system in Crimson Desert or vice versa.

LesserHellspawn and Maevynn like this.
  8. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

yea I always wonder what happen to this system :( I was looking forward to sending my unused chars to do things for me while grinding

Tokigare, Felyni and LesserHellspawn like this.
  9. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Maevynn likes this.
  10. MADE

Fair point, PA (probably) ain't responsible for randomly banning a good percentage of the players for no reason and then ignoring their unban request and sending generic reply instead.

But on the other hand the quality of the game, and the fact that most new feature only make the game worse, while they ignore critical issues and player feedback didn't make any better impression on PA. Maybe it will be better in crimson desert.... but more likely it won't...

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Areyn EU

Me too. That's the second thing then originally developed for BDO and now becoming it's own or at least part of it's own game.

12. Dalenos

Expect everything to be the same in crimson p2w open world pvp crappy outfit design which will most like have costume melting option and there wonderful rng on top rng on top of rng that can be bypass if you got monies.

woots and Auralexia like this.
  13. woots

that's pretty much the CDO futur i foresee + not a single decent gamedesign piece anywhere because PA doesnt seem to be able to do that

14. KesslerE

I have to be honest -- I think the whole "fix BDO first" feeling here is a little inane. The game is, frankly, beyond repair without basically re-doing the whole thing. It makes sense that PA would want to jump ship and start anew.