1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cronning Accessories

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OldNewSchool, Oct 30, 2018.

1. OldNewSchool

Hello community. So, I am not a new at enchanting, but I still have a doubt concerning using crons to upgrade accessories: in the tool tip it says that there is a chance of downgrading upon failure, however, from my and my friend's experience it happens all the times. Can you help me understand if it's a translation issue or it's just us being unlucky? Ty

2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

There is a ~30% chance that it downgrades if it fails, but it can also protect your accessory. The accessory used to upgrade will be consumed no matter what.

3. OldNewSchool

I mean, does this come from your direct experience, or this is what you know. Did you ever directly failed an enchant keeping the accessory level untouched? What you said I already know, but from our experience is all another matter. This makes a big difference upon choosing to use em or not

4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

the chance comes from what people told me, but i've cronned already many accessories and most of them stayed at the enhancement grade. a few downgraded, so the 30% chance doesn't seem wrong.

5. jangalangz

It's RNG like everything else in this game.

6. JerryBoyle

I've kept my pri tungrad earring and duo ring of crescent with multiple attempts using crons(I had extra). They all were successful eventually without downgrade. So in my experience they are worth using if you don't have anything else to use the crons on like courser awakening, tet+ armor/weapons.

7. OldNewSchool

Unfortunately my experience is quite the opposite. While being very lucky almost 1shotting my tri yellow accessories even before crons where a thing, all the times I tried to enhance tet with crons, even over 100 Fs the accs downgraded...as I said, just my bad luck then