1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossing desert is much easier, it seems heat stroke takes a lot longer to do harm

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by JDesCliffs, Apr 24, 2020.

1. JDesCliffs

Sorry if this was gone over a lot in the past but I searched the forum for desert heat stroke and didn't really find anything about this kind of a change to it. And searched Google too. Just wanted to know to if it's a glitch in my favor or if the heat stroke debuff has been weakened a lot. Like it takes forever for heat stroke to have any effect on me in the desert.

I'm level 11 and I returned after a over a year away. Now I can roam the whole desert without dying from heat stroke. Scorpions and soldiers still get me when I stop moving to stare at the view. I know I can't do much in missions at L11 in tough areas of the desert. But it's nice to explore around. And it's easy to run past most enemies. They don't seem to chase players for very long. They just give up and go back which is another topic of course.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I believe that if you read the patch notes of about two weeks ago you will see that they have temporarily removed the debuff.

Factorial likes this.
  3. JDesCliffs

I read it before I created the thread and I thought a few of the entries in the update may have been teasing because of the April Fool's release date. So I wasn't sure if the debuff removal was real but of course it is real. Sorry. And it continues until further notice which is good.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Xplato

Imo just never reenable the desert Debuff...

It was a dumb mechanic back when Valencia was added it's even more dumb now.

5. GenericUser

I understand what they were trying to do with the desert debuff, they wanted to have a dangerous area of the map, where just travelling through it would be a task, but the debuff was a poor implementation of doing it, and honestly Valencia is just not worth going too out of your way for. If/when they put the debuff back, I hope they improve it in some way.

An obvious change for me is instead of a random debuff that you have to manually cure with water/tea, have water/tea automatically consumed at regular intervals to avoid a debuff. I would rather travelling in the desert automatically take 1 purified water/anise tea every 30 seconds than what we have right now. Second, the desert needs to have things worth travelling for. Valencia is a nice enough looking city I guess, but what does it offer that other cities don't? Make Valencia home to lots of resources or rare goods that make people actually want to travel there, make the desert rich in blackstones and treasures so people will want to run into the desert to shovel, maybe add some tough monsters or bosses in there so people will wander the desert to look for them. The desert feels so under utilised as a source for interesting gameplay.

6. Vanraven

These are great suggestions and I agree with everything you are saying. It really is weird that there is nothing special about valencia or the desert despite all the anti environment mechanics they have. No direction if you don't have a compass and the desert debuff. There really should be stuff there that makes you want to travel, explore it and deal with the risks of being there. As it stands now, the mechanics should be done away with. They aren't needed at all.

Factorial likes this.
  7. Blitzball

Delete desert portals.

Delete Sulfur Mines and Pila Ku jail. Replace them with Aakman & Hystria with physical entrances.

Congratz , desert is now worth traveling :D

8. LightningFFXIII-4

Desert Debuff = A way to sell Desert Fox, Campsite and Desert Ghilie suits.

Create a problem, offer a solution thru pearlshop

Agris Fever = Very soon, Add +500 Recovery for Agris Fever for 1000 pearls. Players can buy up to 20 of these for a whopping +10000 recovery per day.

9. woots

I hope they will never set the desert debuff back honestly, that's so much more pleasant without

( or maybe only if they really rework it )

10. Factorial

So this. Bdo is huge with empty spaces that serve no real function besides mild annoyances which is the theme for Valencia.

Vanraven likes this.
  11. Vanraven

This definitely true. Mmos use to be $15 per month for the full fame experience. With a game like bdo you probably would have to pay over 30 - 40 bucks per month to get a partial experience. Then there is stuff like inventory space, weight, tents, fish/shark costume, normal costume and let's not forget artisan memories. Devs are ripping people off and continue to add inconvenience mechanics that you have to pay to fix.

12. Ashaara

Killing immersion for convenience. This is how far a developer can push a player. shame shame shame.

13. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

or they could just open the entrance to aakman(near pilgrims haven) and hystira(near pila ku) where they are

14. Claydough

Its honestly so good without the debuff