1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Advice please :)

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Galatia, May 13, 2019.

1. Galatia

Galatia Hoshishinzui Valkyrie 62 EU

Hello lovely Valks

Wanted some advice please on my builds especially when it comes to crystal set up - I've essentially got 2 sets of gear I use; one for PVE (Kutum, Offin, Heve Helm) and one for PVP (Nouver, Kzarka, Griffon Helm).

PVE:
    https://bdoplanner.com/MouthJubreRaptor
    upload_2019-5-13_13-59-36.png

PVP:
    https://bdoplanner.com/GarrisonOneEyedSilfiad
    upload_2019-5-13_14-0-0.png

Feels like I'm not really making the most of either set up (though they work fine allowing for overall crapness of my skills in PVP of course!).

Any suggestions most welcome and worth mentioning that next main step for me is to hit lvl62 and get the free earring to swap out the RCE in PVE (although it would also put me into the next AP bracket for PVP if I used the Offin...)

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u can use 2x crit in your pve shield for sure. for pvp it depends how much u value extra hp.

u could/should change your boot and helmet crystals to 4x han hoom for more defense. (or if u r more into pve or simply feel like being more of a glass damage dealer, macalods might be viable also for extra damage and stamina among other things)

get runspeed crystal in your costume

get jin vipers in gloves when u can afford.

keeping offin just for pve might be an overkill and you could use that money to upgrade some other things. but since u have it, you might consider switching at least one crystal to one of the more damage oriented types. (jin ones also give cast speed and crit so u might be maxed out with just food buff altho valks dont have crit issues if rotated right in pve, cast speed might be useful to compensate for the boss set armor loss tho when u use exp helmet)

selling offin means u r basically at least 1/3 into getting vells heart or some other tet accessory straight from market. or some caphras in your weapons or whatever ;)

Galatia likes this.
  3. Galatia

Really appreciate the considered response!

2 x Crit - seems like a winner (completely forgot that the effect stacks)
    Jin Vipers => 200M o_O! Ouch yeah might do that later :D
    Good idea on han hoom - seems like a decent switch up and only a little loss of stamina and weight.

Checked and I have 6 cast speed so no problems there

Out of interest, how do the damage crystals work on weapons - they don't have an impact on the sheet AP but do they scale as other AP?

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

They dont have an impact on sheet ap but are added as hidden ap in damage formula.

Galatia likes this.
  5. R.Prescott

I would agree with switching to 4x Han Hooms and selling the Offin - an entire extra Tet main weapon just for PvE is kinda overkill in my opinion, especially given that the only spot you really need to min-max gear at is Hystria, and there Kzarka will give you better DPS due to accuracy. 2x Crit in Kutum is the way to go for sure for PvE as well.

Personally, I wouldn't use anything other than precisions in the longsword simply because they're pretty much required for PvP and the accuracy again will perform better in somewhere like Hystria than another crystal, and lower spots than that really aren't worth min-maxing your gear around solely. Jin Vipers are really the only option in gloves as well.

For chest you could use 2x special evasion crystals, especially if you plan to get Garmoth eventually. These are basically the only thing that'll work against super high AP, as damage reduction simply doesn't scale well enough - not to mention, they're really cheap. If not, then I'd use 2x Bon Cobelinus, as these give the most hp and that goes well with Han Hooms, which are also hp-focused.

#5 R.Prescott, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Galatia likes this.
  6. Galatia

Thanks for the reply and advice - much appreciated :)