1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current Situation in KR

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by IRustyI, Jun 20, 2018.

1. IRustyI

I know you guys don't care about KR but what they patch directly applies in NA so here goes.
    Disclaimer: Everything I say is unofficial but guess.

1. Core Developers and Designers are not on PC BDO
    It's quite clear. Those half-done patches which resolved nothing but made it worse.
    Not looking into the very core issues but unnecessary small changes. Copy-paste pearl outfit designs which are 3 years old. Where is the new guy who got recruited ? He is probably on doing something else.

2. Speaking of something else, the PA's new FPS game.

It's no secret now that they released few photos of new FPS they have been developing.
    Not to mention, BDO Mobile needs core devs and designers as well.
    FPS you say? Maybe you need to work on your game engine's axis glitches and find a cure for pc bdo

Like I stated,

If you are running a game company what would you prioritize ? Most profitable one and the new one that is being developed which would bring more money to the company right?

Right now, they just have no man-power to do anything.

2. AlwaysSaltyAF

I don't see a better mmo to play on the market tho. I quit here and go to bless? Nah. That games looks like a doodoo pile. I dunno. I feel ya, but damn.. there isn't a better game. I guess I could go outside cuz it summer, but then ill burn and get cancer. Let me ask you bdo forums, do you want me to die early from cancer? Ya I thought so. Heartless kids.

Sincerely,
    <Hardcore> guild's GM.

3. Blitzball

4. Escapism

Its normal that after the final release and a couple more patches, the development of the "core" engine ect stagnates, its usually because the devs get pulled off to work on other things, but also simply because it keeps getting more and more complicated to keep making changes to the engine, or to fix deep-rooted core bugs.

Almost all bigger software projects eventually end in a state where constantly keep trying to improve or fix it becomes more tedious and more expensive than just starting completely new from scratch with the same people instead.

As a few other examples of stagnating/dead mmo's which have literally no developers working on them anymore, and only just keep pumping out more cashshop items or new skins and models (or not even that):
    • Age of Conan, officially in "maintenance mode"
    • Wildstar, officially in "maintenance mode"
    • Swtor (yes they keep bringing new "content" and story chapters, but at this point, absolutely nothing about the engine ever gets changed or fixed, years-old bugs untouched, and im pretty sure all the new content they generate can be clicked together in some tools they made years ago)
    • sadly: guild wars 1