1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Custom UI keeps breaking

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Spectrari, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Fariet

:c I guess its still a bug, I wonder what the difference is between our UI and some of the streamers or videos iv watched. Ones that recently came out, their Ui seams to be fine all the time, and no mention of it shifting around like this. I know its not the end of the world(maybe it is), it feels like constantly trying to untangle head phones cords, only for them to get tangled again. please fix :(

Diazine likes this.
  2. Diazine

Yes, interface elements still move by a few millimeters every single time I log in/out of a character or change from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen!

3. Jollywand

mmmm nope just simply save or just do a rapair maybe u have some corrupted file

4. anju1

Just wanted to add that I'm still experiencing this issue. I've tried:
    1. Clearing game cache
    2. Uploading my settings, resetting them & downloading them again
    3. Resetting UI and making an entire new custom UI

It seems to move when I alt tab or minimize to tray. In fullscreen mode, the UI moves to the top and left by a lot. In windowed-fullscreen, it only moves a few millimeters left/right.

Any solution so far?

5. Spectrari

No solution, still waiting for fix, it is impossible how this "AAA" game can have such an annoying bug for so long.

Afaik everyone has that problem, but not everyone want to bother about reporting it or noticing.

#25 Spectrari, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Diazine likes this.
  6. Uroborosu

Hi I have the exact same problem my cooldown UI keeps moving. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling, and totally wiping my pc and reinstalling the game. The cooldown UI moves no matter what I do and PA/Kakao or whoever takes care of that stuff don’t give a damn about that glitch because it’s not very well known. I’m really sick of PA/Kakao not caring about people’s experience and only caring about cash they get. It’s almost September 2018 and this thread started in mid January of the same year, 7+ months and nothing was done.

7. Spectrari

Meanwhile october 2018, problem is still here. Ui is so unstable in compare with what WoW has...

8. Diazine

I permanently solved the problem by uninstalling the game. Tired of playing this buggy mess, fix your game.

Fix the RBF crash-on-revive bug while you're at it, that one has persisted for several years.

9. Florrens

Seeing as this is an issue still under investigation, I'll add that I'm having similar problems. On every relog my custom quickslots keep creeping too the left of my screen, untill like mentioned I reset it again. But on my side it seems to be a recent problem, least no longer then a month.

Spectrari likes this.
  10. Spectrari

That "Under Investigation" stays for 7+ months or something without any result. My hopes were for new UI to fix it, but no.

I think majority of players (if not 100%) have this issue, they just don't bother with it. But it triggers me every time.

PA, bound settings presets to each characters and load it automatically with each relog. Just like in ANY other MMORPG. Why are we still having this issue...

11. Spectrari

Quickslots still moving few millimeters with every relog, very annoying

Diazine likes this.
  12. Diazine

I don't think this will ever get fixed. Has been a problem for almost two years now :(

13. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

There are so many long standing bugs that have been "under investigation" for a year or more, that I'm 100% convinced that PA just don't care.

I'm talking about things like:

• This bug, the UI moves by itself
    • Floating NPCs, floating wagons
    • Broken chat windows (marketplace registration entries appearing when window is set to only show loot items)
    • The journal not working unless you change your Windows time settings manually
    • Main quest widget disappearing if you swap to a character that has done all the main quests, and not reappearing if you swap back
    There's lots more, these are just the ones that bug me on a regular basis. I just wish PA would actually give a **** for once and fix some of these long standing issues.

14. Corsix

yup. every time i log off and back on, main quest UI is GONE and I have to enable it in esc>edit Ui.
    They also move and are not how I Saved them to be.

15. Hexcodings

Over a year later and this is still an issue. UI doesn't disappear but just my CD slots keep slightly moving more and more.

16. Spectrari

It was fixed for me few patches ago.

17. Im having the same its even effecting my stamina bar, kinda getting annoying since its been a year an seems to be unfixed, a few people i know have said "its fixed" but remains unfixed for my self :/

Hexcodings likes this.
  18. Black Cfap

The only reliable work around solution I found to all the UI and settings related "unintended behaviour" issues is to use the "upload settings" function and simply download them each time something bugs in the interface.

19. Alkiar

I believe the reason to this issue is,
    The UI moves due to two main reasons, the main one being Alt+Tabbing in Full Screen AND when starting up the game. If you are in full screen and continue to alt tab it pulls it to windowed mode, going back to full screen will then shift the UI Slightly due to window mode being a different size (the Borders in windowed mode changes the size slightly) Only way I found this not happening is while playing in borderless windowed mode as it does shift in screen size during alt+tabbing or starting the game. Best way to fix it temporarily is to save your UI To setting archive and download it once you begin to notice it.

20. Zoda

So I know I am reviving an old thread but this has been an issue for me for over a year now and I recently had support and GM's come to the conclusion of my problem. Which it may be severely inconvenient to have to reset your UI upon every login or character swap, support told me that my issue was because I still used Windows 7, which is no longer supported and can cause multiple bugs in-game but doesn't make it unplayable. If anyone is still having this issue using Windows 8 or 10 please comment below. Otherwise this may be the solution to just upgrade from Win 7.