1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Damage not registering on mobs

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by JD90, Jul 13, 2017.

?

Do you have this problem as well?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. JD90

Hi,

30% of my attacks do not register any damage when attacking mobs. Sometimes it registers damage and then immediately returns to 100% HP. Some mobs will take damage while others don't. I play from New Jersey on the North America servers. I tried numerous channels but the results are always the same. Results are the same across my DK, Tamer and Wizard.

I've heard that the servers have a tendency to delegate connection paths out of the country and then back causing extremely high ping. Could this be the problem, and if so what can I do to solve the problem? If not, what may be causing this issue?

Please note this has been a problem for me for a few months but lately it has become extreme, grinding is very very frustrating.

Please respond in the poll if you have a similar issue, thank you!

2. HmmKuchen

According to my observations the mobs do not receive any damage if you already pulled/aggrod a certain amount on mobs (I believe it was around 10 or 15 for normal classes and slightly more for tamer because of his pet) and also do not aggro you. But I believe this is intended since to my knowledge it was already in the game when it launched. Once you receive aggro from the mob it takes the damage you deal to it.
    In this state you usually can see how much hp the mob would lose through your attack on its health bar, but the hp goes back to 100% in an instant.

So in conclusion I am not sure if the behavior is really a bug, but instead is intended to work this way from the beginning.

3. Kuro_Wendy

This is a common problem at skeletons at ded soilders grave. they are spawning wierd and resetting if u attack from a certain angle

4. JD90

Yeah I have experienced this as well! This issue is similar but not the same, I can go up to a pack of 3 mobs and attack them and they will not receive any damage.

Indeed, it appears on a consistent basis at Sausans for me. Perhaps it is related to what was mentioned above about Mob aggro reaching 10-15 but not property resetting because of lag.

5. Shenya

I have seen this at my favorite spot in Hexe sanctuary. When I first get there and do a rain of arrows, they'll all take damage and immediately reset. Then they stagger around like they just got woken up and start waggling their way toward me at which point they will now take damage.
    Sometimes however, they are really not up for it when first woken up, and will waggle about a fair bit before being able to be damaged, or walk to a slightly different spot, have to be woken up again with arrows and then finally sort themselves out. Once they've all been able to be killed, they seem to work correctly from thereon.

EDIT: Oh and it's not any 30% miss when I first start out there, it's 100%. Not one thing will keep it's damage and start heading my way.

6. JD90

Yes, this is exactly what I have experienced as well! It seems certain mobs are just lagged out and don't register damage, even though I'm well under the max aggro cap of 8, but if you wait a few seconds they then become damageable.

7. PM Horizon

Project Manager

Hey there @JD90,

Looks like you are quite far from our server. Could you try connecting to Valencia 3? Let me know if your connection feels more stable there!

#7 PM Horizon, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  8. Kuro_Wendy

i live in hungary, ill try

9. Higitus

I don't know how I can help you sir.

10. Strator

The server world have become pretty glitched since a couple of months aswell, mobs spawning inside rocks, buildings and so on.

11. JD90

It seems better there, but also on other servers now. There might have been some kind of interference with my ISP or the game servers which made it really bad for me earlier this week. Overall I'm getting significantly less lag now!

Yeah it started a few months ago for me, and has been inconsistently affecting me. Fortunately I seem to be in the clear for now.