1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Knight is SUPER OP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Auroraborealis89, May 5, 2017.

1. SeiHikari

Thanks!

2. ZeusCP

I think Sorc is good as it is, maybe a little buff if the other classes get a buff. It is a hard class to play pre awk i think, the awk seems really easy but it still need skill. Anyway sorc is not the best class that is for sure but used right, right now it can be very very deadly. What do you think? I think the class that need the greater buff is ninja, and if it is too overpowered i will accept a little nerf. Also warriors are OP AF, that hit box of the longsword is insane, i really hate it

3. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

@CM_Aethon

just go to red battlefield in the peak hours when it's 60man in europe and count the amount of witches and wizards. I bet that more than half of the playerbase will be a witch/wiz.

The class is currently so ridiculously overbuffed and overpowered i don't even know how can this be allowed to go for so long? The game is so much better without witches and wizards and that's easy to see when you spam pvp actively because sometimes at night most witches and wizards stop doing pvp cause they can't abuse sitting in 30man blob zerg like they could during peak hours

4. CM Aethon

Community Manager

We appreciate the repeat concern you show Irrelevant. I assure you, we deliver player feedback on a regular schedule to the developers of the game. In the past we've indicated as such, including that it will likely take time for said information to be reviewed, investigated, and then executed in the form of patches.

We're appreciative of the continued insights that our players share with us, and will continue to make sure the developers hear the many suggestions and concerns players express. As we do so, we'd also like to request that you fine folks keep in mind that plenty of content changes are on the way. So hang tight and keep an eye on the patch notes.

irrelevant likes this.
  5. Chors

205ap wizard, just saying

6. ambyentlight

They reverted the DP buff just so Wizards could oneshot again because after buff wizards had to two shot people and cryed for dp nerf.

irrelevant likes this.
  7. Apparat

Witch and wizard are over-powered. I felt much more tankier on my lv 57-58 witch with the same exact gear as my lv 59 tamer. Not to mention the much faster grinding speed that was not only partly because of their AOE abilities, but also simply because their abilities did more damage.

And if you believe the whole damage thing is BS, look at the Dark Knight's awakening. Incredible and unrivaled PVE and PVP damage at "low" levels that's possible with meh gear..

Witches and wizard just have so much utility. They have buff, after buff that they can continuously use and healing abilities they're allowed to insta-cast with Sage's Memory. And it all stacks up: their damage, their utility, etc. If you go into Red Battlefield, and one side is just RIDDLED with witches and wizards, that side will win. And it's not like they're ONLY good in group content.. Wizards are excellent in 1v1s and witches aren't terribly off either.

Pearl Abyss is clearly doing this intentionally. They want everyone to re-roll to the most OP class or at least give it a try, and subsequently buy costumes, weight, inventory slots, etc. They did it with witch, wizard and Dark Knight and they're going to do with it Striker.

8. Beirut

I still think the wizard and witch preawakened has to be reworked instead of the awakening. The awakening itself isn't a huge issue atm for people but combined with theyr preawakened theyr op.

your arguments is also based on preawakened.
    • magical shield > tanky
    • PA, speed spell, spell bound heart, magical lighthouse, sages memory > buffs
    • Heals, teleport > utility (which I think is fine but I love to see something different especially with the bad jump key %@%@)(%*:mad:)
    Let's be honest rather then the dmg you are more worried about theyr preawakened don't you?

9. Myracle

Already wrong, witch/wiz have blocks, frontal blocks as a lot of super armors. So please do not inform wrong information and be a ****.
    I have no complains about witch/wiz as I can kill a witch/wiz with 154 ap when they are level 59 with 268 dp
    Ninja Rulles!

10. Camillia

Some of you mentioned DK damage but do I need to mention that they have no grab, no hp regeneration and no proper cc chain available? So yes DK damage may be higher than witch/wiz one and they may be one of the best flanker in this game but their survivability also one of the worse.

11. Chillly

Paper is balanced but for gods sake Nerf Rock - signed scissors

12. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I think you meant to say a bad wizard against a good tamer.

13. YoMa

Dark knights damage was nerfed by 30% when their awakening came out in Europe (nerf happened in Korea too, go ask doki3, the best dk youtuber in korea)... 2 weeks ago wiz/witch got 30% dmg BUFF in EU (no changes in Korea), and nobody is even mentioning anything about this, everyone keeps ignoring this fact just cuz it wasn't posted in patch notes, but a guildie of mine confirmed wiz got buffed dmg by roughly 30% on all skills except ulti.

So currently dk does roughly 40% less damage per skill than wizard and witch, despite having same % per skill as wiz/witch...

And yeah, to two shot people as Dk you need high acc and 230-ish AP on lvl 60... Wizard and witch can two shot on lvl 59 with 200ap, no additional acc, so they can stack DP after reaching that sweet point. Guess that's fair next to all their heals, long ass teleport, unlimited superarmor and frontal block, 30% dmg reduction from mana shield, 30% atk speed buff, insane AoE, and a pet that does 400dmg per hit which can't rly be avoided.

14. Beirut

A that's wrong, it wasn't 30%.
    Everyone did not mention it because it is probably the german client. I sended a ticket because the german client was giving strange numbers on the skills compared to the english one. I'm glad they fixed it.

Same with the DK.
    The only patch which was hidden was the detonative flow which does more damage and the paralyze on the witch which is now basicly made useless.

15. YoMa

Wrong, both were changed. Go check out things yourself if you wish to :)
    There's even one of doki3's videos, showing damage before and after patch on same enemies as Dk (rest of the classes still did the same damage).

As for wiz/witch, even pve damage has been increased and it is roughly 30%

16. Beirut

Oh! Could you gimme the link? This is exactly why I like the forums :)

17. Chors

This.

18. Beirut

Looking at the doki3 youtube video from Januari there doesn't seem any nerf on the awakening except for the shattering of darkness which is decreased by 83%. (392% > 309% dmg).

source:

Are you sure your not making things up?o_O

• magical shield isn't 30% reduced it should be 25% reduced damage.
    • witch and wizard doesn't have unlimited SA or BL they have a faster cd so they can refresh theyr combo unlike other classes but with the exception of warrior.
    • witch and wizard still needs to build accuracy even if they have high accuracy ratio which is weird but we still need to build it.
    • speed spell is 20% not 30%
    • and the pet scales with the lmb of witch and wizard and theyr ap ratio it does around 100 dmg per hit not 400 dmg otherwise we would just be building dp and let our pet do the fighting.

#58 Beirut, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  19. UnholyBlackMetal

If you can avoid the Wizard/Witch combo's they are quite squishy (At level 56 anyway no idea about higher) I seem to do a lot of damage on my Wizard but as soon as they get close it's game over

20. Ryukenwulf

Ryukenwulf Wulfenz Valkyrie 61 EU

Killable but will say the ability to reset a fight with double teleport and full heal can be REALLY annoying, plus baiting PA out is annoying!

Oh and the fact they don't have to target their abilities as they are AOE/PBAOE thats annoying too

Oh well live and learn