1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Rift Contraction Warning

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Feb 10, 2020.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

There are upcoming changes to Dark Rifts on February 12th, which will result in some of your portals closing. During this contraction period, the following monsters will not appear via Dark Rifts anymore:
    • Giath
    • Dastard Bheg
    • Gehaku
    • Moghulis
    • Ancient Puturum
    • Ahib Griffon
    We advise you to kill the monsters mentioned above in case you have any Dark Rift portals with them currently spawned.

After the maintenance of February 12th, portals with the monsters mentioned above will be forcefully closed until further notice.

Thank you,
    - BDO Team

#1 CM Yukimura, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I smell something cooking in the development crockpot *sniff sniff* :drools:

kalthas, Souda, Whitrix and 1 other person like this.
  3. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Why are the two natural Very Hard bosses removed as well?

4. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

Please no :|. It's fun with him every time. And good training to fight with desync :|

5. mosu777

So any news what we will have after that ? Because at this point some of the players would get some " nice money" .

Already a few weeks ago the imperial cooking was reworked so that people would not get a big chunk of silver from it.

It is a good idea to start thinking about how to keep people in the game, not to change the game in the way that it very very grinding

6. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

i guess more ronaros rings and crons for us, great "update" can we get less butchered content next please ?

Olimpicus, Ludakriss and Acurapassion like this.
  7. nolasigns

Just can't leave well enough alone.

8. ranabat

That's why I get no rift since 3days...(make them as soon as they pop)
    I won't get my 6-9 cron stones f****!
    Oh wait... Rift only give ****... Mmm nevermind...

9. Equalness

It seems like the GM just listed the bosses in their current condition, but what is said is that these bosses will be undoable altogether, and not just losing out on difficulty status. We just have to wait and see what these changes are.

#9 Equalness, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  10. Schinrah

So....uh... are Ahib/Puturum on that list by accident and the idea is just that the "[Event] Very Hard" Bosses will no longer spawn? Cause the way I read this all the above mentioned bosses will stop spawning entirely until further notice. That begs the question why?

As mentioned we've already had them take out reward boxes for cooking with some "until further notice" type of comment, that has been weeks ago and no update on a possible replacement has been communicated to my knowledge?

I sure hope that the at end of the line of this they buff those rifts, because at the current state of the game the "normal/hard" are barely worth doing with most of the rewards being low grade accs and cron stones, this recent event update should have been here to stay, but now it sounds like we get less bosses for an indefinate period of time without a good reason for it.

10/10 Communication fail by PA as always, thx for letting us know it advance at least.

#10 Schinrah, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  11. ranabat

Communication ???? Rofl... They disrespect their players since launch... They won't communicate... "until further notice" means go to f*** o**

12. Rubyvulpa

wellll guess i'll be doing my bosses then... i kinda liked this as rare 'doable' endgame pve content for people with low gear
    things like altar of blood are very gear-involved, world-bosses very timed and not always available, scrolls weeks of stacking..
    I hope this preludes a rework of the content and not perma removal ^-^
    :(

Reverielle and kalthas like this.
  13. T800

The only big thing that is coming would be O'dylitta and BlackStar Armor - so probably related to that.

We'll see once O'dylitta hits Korean servers this month.

Didn't Koreans went in to panic mode and bought out all Remnants of the Rift and Black Spirit Claw pieces, the moment they hear BlackStar armor? remnant of the Rift is like 5x times of our price there, going for 250m, right?

14. Schinrah

No worries, just think of the worst possible outcome you can imagine, they'll find an even worse one and that's what we'll get. The only justifyable reason for this would be some kind of huge exploit they cannot fix immediately and thus need to take the bosses out until they find a solution. If such an exploit exists then one has to wonder why they're waiting until wed for it and havn't acted already.

So since this seems somewhat unlikely there is no good reason to take this content out, if they want to rework it, they can do so without removing it from live servers. They can just do whatever their plan is and once it's reworked and finished, patch it live seamlessly. This is typical PA bs that leaves everyone unsatisfyed and wondering wtf is going on once again.

Shokionine likes this.
  15. GigaWHATT

lets not delete this, the Dark Rifts are fun and a geat way to get jewelry that blows up so fast.... why do you guys all find a way to ruin a good thing……….

Ludakriss, Sasira and Acurapassion like this.
  16. ranabat

I already answered this

Maybe a new pearl item that allows us to open Rifts...

#16 ranabat, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2020
    Ludakriss and Acurapassion like this.
  17. Beeso

Good thing I already killed mine.

18. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

so you remove the best rifts? can understand the event very hard rift but why griffon and puturum?

Acurapassion likes this.
  19. Equalness

Extremely unlikely, as they were looking to improve them, due to players feedback that they weren't rewarding enough when cron stones got added, so they have no reason to disable them for a while to implement a pearls P2W feature into them. They're not breaking the economy by any means.

Reverielle likes this.
  20. AngryMothNoises

****ing thank God no more Ahib Griffon. That **** is ass cancer. Only thing I am gonna miss is my loot/drops =c