1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Rift Contraction Warning

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Avonna

how do Rifts get your attention, but adding a new RBF map does not?
    or all the protections gone from the classes?
    or the RNG?
    or the CC rng that happens?
    desyncs?
    all you had too do was remove the cron stones from Rifts boxes and they seemed fine, and gave players something to do while we wait for your "" content" ...better known as a afk fishing event?

DafuqYouLookinAt and Erroll like this.
  2. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Well, I said "strictly single-player". A lot of things in the game there is little benefit and maybe even penalty for doing it with a friend, but you're not completely prevented from it. Dark Rifts are the only thing off the top of my head that absolutely can't be done with a friend. However, there could very well be a lot of single-player only content I've probably not participated in and may not even know exists.

3. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Killing these bosses was one way of getting accessories. I fail to see why accessories were supposed to come from the grind spots only.

In the end, it was more like a way to help casuals, while giving the same thing to veterans. That's the same reasoning they used for the incoming Agris heat buff, and it is quite common in MMORPG existing for some years.

4. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

guessing u didn't see what happen when. it didn't have cron stones lol
    u have any idea how bad it was when it 1st came out
    don't think u do
    image paying for crest ring under 20m cuz
    that's no where near the the value of the ring let alone how hard it is to get other then rifts and events
    they had to add cross to help balance the market

5. 猩紅熾せらふ

So much animosity here, I don't understand~ I guess I have too much trust and faith PA~

In any case, I'm pretty positive that the temporary removal of these rifts might not only be for rework but also for the fact that they will soon release the new adventure journal which gives +600 health when fully completed, and in order to complete this journal you need to kill Red nose, Muskan, Dim Tree, and Forest Ronaros rifts 5 times each~ ^^ none of the bosses which are listed here. My guess is that they are using this release time to remove and work on these bosses while providing a grace period for players to more easily complete the journal aka reducing RNG. But yupadoodle~ \(^0^)

Arch2k likes this.
  6. Avonna

i do remember when cron stones were not in rifts, and getting those rings were a nice attempt for enchancment.
    now , and this is strictly on my bad luck account, cron stones from rifts is all i do get ( or did get )
    so to me , getting the jewelry was better before cron stones were adding to " balance" the market.

Phoenixxx75 and Foggen like this.
  7. nolasigns

Speculations are fun!

Maybe their answer to group content is to make them require 3+ people to defeat. Will rework according to all the releases of successions. We will have to all have them in our boss alerts, to battle as a team. Who knows.

猩紅熾せらふ likes this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

My mistake then but I consider most pve grinding spots are single person viable only(or according to nearly everyone) then you have all the solo life skills. Therefore I wondered what was left.

Factorial likes this.
  9. ghoulz666

Hope they're just planning to add in different bosses. Why fight the same 12 over and over when there are many more dust covered bosses that barely see the light of day or nothing more than scroll boss bashing for easy mems?

I don't even know what half of them do because they drop dead so fast.

10. crosspath

Depends totally on your class, some classes have a hard time doing it...

I do it with witch and Giath is a giant pain in the ass, you know, cast time... Specially when it spams the knockdown jump 5 times in a row and hits you even from far away...

Griphon is easy cause of red orb working 95% of the time. For other classes maybe hard...

It is silly seeing crap bosses with crap rewards being harder than supposedly hard bosses just cause of bad ideas.

11. Amirite

We are now missing:
    • Rift bosses
    • Rewards from cooking
    • and much more.
    I thought this was the year of giving lol. :P

Hope they come up with something to replace those things soon, because it does have a impact on my income :/

Foggen likes this.
  12. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Yeah, everyone does say that, but my wife and I always grind together. IMO, it's too boring to do solo. It works out since we spend most of our time leveling alts with Black Spirit welfare gear, so the two of us combined are almost like 1 person, lol. I do solo life skills, but I always ask if she'd like to join me, which she always declines because she thinks life skilling is the most boring thing ever. I can't disagree, but for me it's a means to an end.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. kkunegunda

And now yea, prices of the accessories go up so middle-end players are having more difficulties to catch up the high end players. Clap-clap

DavidGilN likes this.
  14. Rinjyu

To be fair. Aside from Ogre Rings I dont think rifts should even give accessoirs. They should drop at their respective locations and that's it. But Rifts should give other rewards in the same silver ranges up to ~50m through other items or other actually useful items. Grinding at Crescent's and getting several rings worth ~40m would be more helpful to mid players than getting one or two crescents from crescents per week for half the value (in the long run).

#74 Rinjyu, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  15. kkunegunda

Yes, I mainly talk about Ogres