1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark rift spawn rate

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fed, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Fed

Fed

Depending on the coding of the game there are two distinct possibilities which determine the spawn rate of the game.

POSSIBILITY 1 (number of opened dark rifts does not affect spawn rate): you have a fixed certain% chance per hour of getting a rift, which appears as one of the bosses you dont have.
    POSSIBILITY 2 (number of opened dark rifts affects spawn rate: you have a % chance of opening a rift for each boss that is not up.

Does anyone know if the number of opened dark rifts affecs the spawn rate?

2. flukeSG1

Neither of those is right. You get a maximum of 12 rifts per week that will spawn randomly. As a player who came back after this mechanic was added, my first week I had zero dark rifts on one account, but afterward 12 each week. I kill all 12 on the same day within a couple of hours and a week later they all slowly start to respawn.

Silowyi likes this.
  3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Its like capped to 12 per week (from maint to maint) its kinda doesn't mater you got them all in day 1 or in day 7.

4. Fed

Fed

What i mean is, do i get more rifts on average if i clear rifts as soon as they appear, or do I get the same if i leave some open?

5. Jexz

If you leave all but the very difficult. will you get 12 new very difficult the next week?

6. flukeSG1

Let's say you had all 12 rifts available, but you only kill 1. Sometime over the course of a week, that 1 rift will respawn, bringing it back up to 12.

There are 12 rifts each with a different boss, you will never get a duplicate boss in the same week. So no, see above explanation if that helps.

7. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

Based on my personal experience, having rifts open or having them all cleared makes no difference in how often they spawn.

8. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I've never seen the same boss spawn the same week. Sometimes I get twelve withing 3-5 days then nothing after that until next maintenace. Sometimes they spawn like 5 or 4 in one shot sometimes I get them completely random. Just not more than 12 per week. I have kept a close eye on it. One thing I have noticed is that ever since two patches ago I have been getting nice drops and a couple of crons in between unlike the first time crons were introduced on rift where I was getting crons only on every rift boss. They seem to have fixed that, at least for me.