1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 1 Sorc Only Main Message to Devs

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Broodex, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 61 NA

On the Blade of Darkness, read the whole conversation...

2. Skarrlette

Still waiting for people like you to come with a valuable argument as to why that is necessary?

3. Spartakatz

just rephrase your "we can only pull 1 mob" to "we can only pull 1 additional mob with that skill (while other classes can pull 0 additional mobs)", then it's fine again.

4. Ashenvall

It was used especially to taunt mobs and use violation and tbs in their back like red sphere from wiz/witch

5. lolfail

Get comfy, you're in for a looooong wait. Demanding sorc iframe cooldown/removal is one of the oldest memes in BDO, there was even an account created specifically to spam complaint posts about it back in the day.

Bads... bads never change.

6. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 61 NA

Created specifically...But you got 5 total messages tho.
    Yall funny. lmao

7. Ashenvall

*clap clap* Have you other obvious sarcastic statement to make ?

8. lolfail

I created this account around launch (go ahead and check join date) and posted on the forums back then, then left because there was nothing of value happening here. I'm guessing they wiped the forums or post stats at some point between then and now.

I came back not too long ago and it seems nothing has really changed.

9. Information

It's necessary because the I in Iframe stands for invulnerability, do you think a spammable INVULNERABILITY have its place in an action combat game, where most of the classes rely on cooldowns ? I don't mind if they give you other tools that makes you overpowered, this mechanism is garbage.

10. lolfail

Yes, a spammable dodge with a balanced resource cost to ensure that truly spamming = dead sorc absolutely has its place in a skill based action combat game. Particularly since the class has been balanced around that dodge from the ground up, and sacrifices things like easy and reliable self-heals, protection on damage abilities, and any form of grab to account for that dodge. It makes sorcs fairly predictable and easy to understand, actually. Whether you personally have taken the time to do so is a separate matter from class balance.

It's frankly exhausting watching people whine about iframes and ignore the rest of the class. If you clearly haven't played it and clearly have no interest in learning how to play against it why even bother?

fenzz and Skarrlette like this.
  11. Information

stopped reading at balanced resource cost sry.

TheYoda likes this.
  12. Skarrlette

Cause you can not handle a real argument. How is the stamina cost not balanced? Do you know how much it is?

13. fenzz

sorc is the class with the highest stamina costs on both its offensive and defensive skills. night crow (iframe) cost 250 stamina, storming crow (SA) cost 150. violation (offensive skill, unprotected) costs 300.

we also do not regain stamina on skills such as Grim reaper judgment, nightmare and darkness release.

find me a single class with similar resource costs.

14. Information

No other classes can spamm iframe... You can keep throwing numbers at me, won't change that fact.

If you don't read what I say, why should I read what you say. I don't ask for an overall nerf on sorcs, I want a nerf on this exact mechanism, even if it means you'd get other buffs in return. The fact that you fight so hard to say that being able to chain multiple INVULNERABILITY spells is not op either means you're clueless about gaming in general, you lie to yourself, or you just want to stay op.

YajStylez likes this.
  15. lolfail

Sorry, but by that logic removing all sorc damage abilities would still not satisfy you. That indicates that this is less about balance and more about your own personal difficulties.

You, personally, dislike a mechanic that the majority (including the devs at PA) seem to find balanced. Your personal dislike of said ability does not make someone else clueless about gaming, it just makes you salty about a mechanic you don't like.

Oh do go on, please illuminate the rest of us. What, specifically, do you find unbalanced about the resource management of sorceress and how would you change it to be balanced? Be sure to include dark shards in your explanation since there are no pots for those.

16. Information

nice logic ? I don't even understand why you talk about removing damage from sorc...

Are we not here to state our personal opinion ? You don't even know what to say anymore so you just try to discredit me by saying I'm salty.

Who cares about resource management, the fact that you can **** up an iframe with no consequences and just chain with a few more while your opponent is going through all his abilities is just the shittiest design ever made. Once again I'll quote what you still want to ignore :

The fact that you're not ready to trade iframes for anything else proves that even you think that this is fkn op, wake up and realize please.

17. UmadBrah

Dont cry Guys. If sorc gets a iframe Nerf. Much people will reroll to Ninja,Kuno,mystic. I do not think thats better.

18. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 61 NA

If you think a mechanic that's spamable to prohibit your opponent to even touch you because you don't have
    a set restriction of cool down.... and THEN say its Balanced because it costs Stam, when All the other classes
    deal with Stamina consumption just as well.

You have a problem. And since you do have a problem, and you're not having the willingness to admit,
    that invincibility spamming is nothing wrong cause my stamina gets eaten as a drawback, then you
    don't understand what balance is.

Since majority of the classes mobility is based on CD and you lack there of, there is a problem.
    You can Train Stamina you can Crystal up your Stamina....you can't train or Crystal up a Set CD on your Skill like the rest that everyone has.
    Christ..

19. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 62 EU

tamer WW

To be honest, you wont see many iframe spams from sorcs ever, mostly will be iframe-> block iframe -> shadowleap or iframe -> SA, the fact that you can do more than one nightcrow in a row is barely ever used by anyone.

And the way sorc iframing works is comparable to DKs iframe-> block iframe-> SA iframe FG jumping backwards stuff for example.

In fact you are more likely to see a ninja chaining iframes like ghost step->ninja step->blockjump->ghost step than to see a sorc using nightcrow more than once in a row, she will most likely C swap to shadow leap (FG to iframe with gap) , simply C swap (block) then do another nightcrow (that is already a small opening, ninjas kunos maehwas warriors and musas can punish it if they are ready) and then chain a shadowleap (which has a small gap at the start of the animation and at the end), or storming crow which is SA and can be punished by grabs or nuclear dmg.

#139 Otrsor, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:29 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 6:39 PM
  20. lolfail

Sigh. No, bud, I am not trying to discredit you by saying you're salty. You're discrediting yourself by refusing to consider the class as a whole because you are mad about a mechanic you dislike. If this mechanic is as OP as you think it is, why are there no all-sorc node wars guilds? Why is the class not heavily over-represented in all forms of PvP? Why has PA chosen not to fundamentally change the class by applying a cooldown in the years since release when a small minority of people like yourself have been crying hot tears of shame over it since launch day?

Honestly though, let's just cut right to it and put a quick end to this discussion with your own words:

And that's how I know you are terrible at PvP and just want to braindead skill spam and win. Sorc is a hard counter to braindead skill spam, just like literally every other class will hard counter a sorc that attempts to braindead skill spam. With all due respect, learn to play then return and we can discuss further.

fenzz likes this.