1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deal with class balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Morticae, Sep 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Morticae

Unpopular opinion? p2w isn't even that big of a deal. Games have had gold sellers forever.

The real issue is that the p2w engine of bdo incentivizes PA & Kakao to nerf & ignore old classes, and constantly push FOTM classes and crap content.

Stop developing new classes. Stop creating weird little mini games. We don't need another battle arena, or altar, or savage rift or shadow arena (YIKES).

Revamp RBF. Finish balancing the existing classes. Give node & territory wars some new, well thought out mechanics. Hell, fix the activity journal you said you'd fix in 2016.

You guys are a joke, and if you wouldn't ban me I'd tell you how I really feel.

Best

2. Seilla

Would be nice if they care, but they don't give a crap about class balance.

BTW the weapon exchange coupons are on sale, PA set the direction already.
    Reroll to FOTM or wait for the next op class release.

Erroll, ODB3698, Life2v and 3 others like this.
  3. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

What is unbalanced in your opinion? Its not like game is unplayable, some heroes need tweaks.

And do you realise you write on publisher's forum not on developer's one?

You can suggest but actually not demand changes which they cannot push by theirselves

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  4. Morticae

1) It should be their job to relay our feedback. Obviously that's not happening, I know.
    2) I don't speak Korean.
    3) Yes, and I'm suggesting that they suggest that PA stops milking us for just a few minutes.

ODB3698 likes this.
  5. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

Yea, from quality of posts what I can see only is:

- X is not balanced , change it (no reasoning at all)
    - X sucks , remove it (when one fails to succeed )
    - 50% drop should be permanent, 530% exp scrolls - give me more!
    - I will not buy anymore pearls unless you...
    - 'this game is ****' - says guys playing it 24/7 but havent got any black shard one day
    - pvp sucks - says 500gs player fighting against 600+

And so on. What do you think, what would this game look like if they are going to listen to such crap?

Chaos Ronin and Maginha like this.
  6. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

mean they tryed long time ago, focus fully for 30days on pvp class balance and failed miserably...

i guess it was just easier release new class than fix old ones

7. TeRRoRibleOne

And we found the League of Legends player... Please don't talk on anything related to balancing and PvP, you have the equivalent knowledge of Potionshop on the matter.

ODB3698, Life2v and LiquidEmotion like this.
  8. LiquidEmotion

Up to this point, I think it is safe to say that they don't care about balancing anymore. It sucks but you either have to live with it or just quit.

9. Morticae

Yeah to be honest I didn't post this because I think it will do any good.

I posted it because I believe we should continue to point out predatory behavior and shame companies for it. I want the employees of PA and Kakao to know that they are working for predatory companies, and there should be no pride in it. I hope it eats at them and they consider leaving. I hope it results in employee attrition and makes it harder for these companies to retain talent. I hope it inspires them to leave and join or found gaming companies that balance profit with integrity.

NoisyBoy, ODB3698, Factorial and 2 others like this.
  10. 2Cents

That is correct. Look at EA developers. They have the gull to insult their customers and blame them for their failures. They release predatory practices and like Kakao they don't want to deal with the truth. Kakao has a conflict of interest, they just want to sell the product. However, they don't want to be drown in complaints like this.

As was stated to the Republican's, if you want to stop being criticized stop doing terrible things. Kakao wants their cake and to eat it too. They want to profit off the predatory practices, but at the same time not deal with these type of posts.

ODB3698, Reyer, Factorial and 4 others like this.
  11. Hekki

They prefer to censor comments and close uncomfortable for them topics.

Blacksheep, NoisyBoy, ODB3698 and 2 others like this.
  12. Bnna

now thats really confusing, we are 12 posts into the thread and still not a single mystic complaining about sorc being op

13. WinterMilla

When it comes to MMOs they always had a problem with pulling classes outta "META" then pulling old ones in. They do this to make the game feel fresh without actually adding anything to the game.

BDO has never had a balanced PvP system and mostly never will. Not because its impossible, but rather balance doesn't make as much money. If I make a character OP then nerf another chances are people will reroll to that other character just to stay in the loop. I mean look at how many play a class while its broken then roll back off of them when they get hit with a nerf. Not saying this is the only reason, but a big one for sure. But more on point, BDO pvp is just waiting for the first CC then taking the other players HP bar in one combo or less.

There is no real thought put into it. There is no real counter play. They make you feel like your doing more then you actually are by blinding you wil light and shaking the screen.

14. 2Cents

Pearl Abyss has began to give up on the PVP dream and hopefully it continues in this direction. Minor defects or imbalances don't matter that much in PVE. 99% of the complaints are all PVP based.
    • Class balance
    • Grabs
    • Resistances
    • Ranged
    • Catch up mechanics
    These are all PVP related and are difficult to correct. PVE is simple.

Fearless V likes this.
  15. ghoulz666

Tis a pvp game, go play another game pve scrub.

Same Person - classes and pvp are an unbalanced mess.

Devs create group pve content

Said group pve content is dead within a month. Back to trees 24/7.

Manos when?

Are people really going to fall for this a third time? People fork over their money without thinking twice. The devs don't care anymore. The game is pulling in the money without them having to put in any effort.

16. Aluminat

Aluminat Lahn 62 EU

There will NOT be any class balance because they are working on a NEW system where you will be choosing from using ONLY pre-awakening or Awakening stance. (check mobile BDO how it will look like)

And because of that they will not waste time on balancing existing - outdated system.

17. Seilla

Sure and because of that they will make 2-3 classes OP, forces to reroll a few thousand players for the sweet money. After that the nerf hammer comes again. Rinse and repeat to pull the money from the customer's.

Fearless V likes this.
  18. Aluminat

Aluminat Lahn 62 EU

You are probably correct ... i am just stating why we are not seeing any talk about class balance or related patches.

19. 2Cents

Irrelevant, it stems with the fact that Pearl Abyss is lazy and incompetent.

I already provided the correct answer years ago, it's this simple:

If Pearl Abyss was capable it would have been done right the first time. Thus waiting for balance is a complete waste of time.

The fact that it's not even close is all the evidence you need they are not capable of doing it correctly. And why would they? It takes skill & effort. A MMO should never focus on PVP. Games that literally do nothing else have a hard time with it. Games that require NO game world, NO quests, NO life skills, NO sailing, just a simple map or 1v1 fights STRUGGLE to get it right, MMO's have no chance.

Learn from history. This isn't new. This is just ANOTHER game promising to improve it's PVP for years and never getting it right.

#19 2Cents, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  20. Factorial

This is so beautiful. I quiet enjoy this read. It was like a roller coaster for the first time. Much twists and turns, manic laughter, and so forth.

At any rate, there won't be balance. Like stated, balance doesn't make money, period.

Let us just enjoy the game while trying to improve it