1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deal with class balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Morticae, Sep 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 2Cents

That's not even true either. Lineage II was an entire crap fest for PVP. After all it was a Korean PVP game and just like BDO it was pure garbage in every aspect of it. In fact nearly every PVP game suffers the same fate and defects.

L2 Buff Up > Instantly Destroy. Buff bots are all that was needed. With the exception of a 50+ player battle.

2. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Again, what the ****?

L2 pvp was freaking great. You had to utilize almost every single debuff and cc in your arsenal, you had to pay attention to positioning, kiting was a thing, setting up traps and dividing your forces was a thing, setting priority targets was a thing.

And no it was not buff up and instant destroy.
    Fights would take up up to several hours to win. Especially on bosses where you had to clear every1 up before killing the boss so you could take the boss jewel for your clan/alliance.

You insisting that all you needed were bots is plain wrong.
    It was far from freaking easy to get a doomcryer,bd,sws to 78lvl for the best buffs in official.
    And even if you managed to do it then songs and dances lasted for what? 20 or 40 seconds?
    That time is enough to kill som1 unaware of your presence.
    In every other case he would kite you away for a minute till you loose buffs and then come back for you.

3. 2Cents

This new Trump era of lying about facts that can be proven on video is just sad

While L2 went through many stages this is the common trash theme, many of these fights don't even last a single second. I'm sure your will complain all day this isn't what your talking about, but it's the REAL DEAL and plagued the game since day 1 to now.

All these years later and BDO didn't even improve at all either. CC > You're dead >> Pathetic Game play.

4. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

thats a ****ing private server

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

What about lying about facts that can be proven by Internet links, MrDodge ?

Apologies for lying about Everquest third party maps when, MrDodge.

6. Hekki

L2 was the best PvP fantasy MMORPG ever. Comparable to it may be only EVE online and Ultima. And PvP in L2 was intensive and multi dimensional:
    - All kind of combat for spots, bosses, sieges, clan wars, PK etc.
    - Absolutly freedom in policy
    - Absoluty free market

But in terms of balance I have to admit it was poorly balanced. Archers and mages dominated PvP. And even inside them was dissbalance, for example necro and sps was way better than sorc and sph.
    In some chronicles also tanks was usefull but also only DA and SK.

7. 2Cents

I know we are all working together to figure out why Striker & Mystic have a passive magic damage boost that is ruining the PVP aspect of the game. Many facts have been submitted such as NOT A SINGLE PERSON has ever been able to justify why these classes would have this bonus or what they give up in exchange for it?

It's in process, Pearl Abyss did lower the amount, but as you know they are very slow an inefficient in solving problems. Lets not rehash how many months it took them to fix the SMH which destroyed the entire game economy.

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

In other words you got cornered so you just play dumb, as usual, MrWho ? MrDodge !

9. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

okay, was really expecting more from you seriously... i clearly said if you ever played official you would know this, yet you come up and show private server video

Smileybones and Maginha like this.
  10. Hekki

The thing that ruining PvP is mindless AoE spam (and one shot meta). And this spam come mainly from magic damage. So that is perfectly fine there are melee classes that have magic damage resistance. Bad thing is the Mystic damage resistance it too low... as every tank class in game. But this come from broken DR that does not work.

This is not even usually private server but some modiffed L2j.

11. FrozenReaper

there you have your official server, from classic... all constant partys must have 6/9 supports to be relevant

12. Hekki

And how PvP in classic looks

13. 2Cents

I could care less what server the video is from because it's the same game play. I'm not going to sift through old videos and vet them just to prove something I already know. I lived through years of that trash game play, and you try to tell me it doesn't exist.

I LIVED IT I KNOW IT.

14. FrozenReaper

its not the game play, simple as that and that other reply i did is not some old ass video its litearly 3months old

15. 2Cents

Look like Pay2Win garbage to me. Nicely balanced rofl. I'm not sure how you want to give credibility to game that created Blessed Scroll of Escape (an instant teleport out of PVP), let alone having party escape as well. That alone, with nothing else, just that, automatically makes the entire game garbage.

That's so bad it's like keeping score in Street Fighter or Killer Instinct, but disconnecting every time your about to lose so you maintain 100% win ratio.

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You claimed having played Everquest, yet you still deny the existence of external maps even when faced with factual evidence, so your all caps yelling don't impress much, MrDodge.

17. 2Cents

I get it, you where not good enough to play without maps like the rest of us. Your just a level 57 ranger at heart. You don't know what it means to be a true gamer. It's ok, there is room for casuals too.

Just don't ever think you can step to an actual gamer son.

We camped spawns, we had 24 hour binges, we played without maps. Calm down brah it's ok.

18. FrozenReaper

if it took you this long to realise lineage2 live version is huge p2w bs, i dont know what to say...
    i was almost willing to take russian language lessons just to be able to play their version of classic since its so populated and actually can you believe cash shop only have cosmetics, this is real shock indeed

19. 2Cents

I quit the game about a year before the Free to Play release. I will never go back again mainly because it's a bot fest, but I'm not interested in the P2W or loading multiple accounts to buff. The actual game play/graphics is still mediocre today.

20. FrozenReaper

bots are always in any game
    p2w / rmt is always on every game at some extend (eu/ru official classic actually got rid of their p2w cash shop, by having monthly sub)
    multiple account, yea well get friends its not bdo where you can play game 3years and never have to talk anyone

only reason why EU classic died was they didnt bother launchin new servers and merging over time,
    this why russian classic servers keep steady and healthy population all time