1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deal with class balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Morticae, Sep 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

We all get it, you make big arrogant claims then massively retreat when cornered with the factual truth, MrDodge.

Let's also just slip on the fact this matter just made your topic completely pointless, since you cry about something gamers have been using since Everquest era, regardless of your lies.

2. robertthebard

No, you're not, you're going to find the videos that confirm what you want us to take away from the thread, or from the derail of the thread. It's a pretty common tactic, it even has a name: confirmation bias.

Smileybones likes this.
  3. 2Cents

No, no that's not possible. There can't videos of crushing players and even entire parties in seconds. Because that's not how the game play worked right? The only way those videos could exist is if that's how the game worked.

THIS is how bad your argument is. There are no 1 combo's in BDO. There is no AP problem. Show me a video of proof and then I will just call them bias anyway lol.

How did you not pick up on the fact this game play has existed in tons of games for years?

The current lack of bots is the only thing BDO even has ever L2 right now.

4. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Holy crap... That's the great L2? What is that garbage? Greatest fantasy mmorpg pvp? It's literally just support spams, cc chains to pull in groups or ccs to root key targets, running back and forth, and ranged pokes. That is the most sleep inducing pvp I've ever seen. I know BDO's pvp isn't much better with all the aoe cc and oneshot kills, lack of support, etc.. but at least there's some substance there to watch. Ya'll got some serious nostalgia goggles for L2. Seriously. It reeks of macro and ability spam like all classic mmos, not that BDO doesn't have this issue itself.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Mind you the guy miss playing space invaders ROFL.

6. 2Cents

Actually the devil is in the details. When you watch people play poker it's just a slow burn of people taking turns over cards. When there is a HUGE wager even up to millions of dollars the on the line everything changes. Things get more critical and important.

Lineage II had some fairly reasonable death penalties during more it's history. So when you saw a 50v50 fight a lot of gaming time was given up. The same thing for Eve's epic battles.

It was also about waiting a week or longer for certain bosses. Only one clan was going to get the rewards, so again high stakes.

The actual combat system in both L2 and BDO is complete garbage.

If your opponent can move in a 1v1 you failed.
    If your opponent can't move in a 1v1 it's a bore fest.

It's literally a lose/lose situation for everyone.

7. robertthebard

I'm having severe flashbacks. This thread is a classic example of why some devs didn't include PvP in their game. The "PvP community" in DDO was lobbying hard for OW PvP at one time, oh, about 5 or 6 years ago. They even went so far as to try to claim that PvP was the only thing keeping the lights on. Understand that in DDO, PvP was limited to duels, and brawling pits in taverns. However, if you read any of the threads that got started around PvP, I could remove the game names, and post the entire thread, and you'd be hard pressed to tell which game was which.

"A high burst damage class can one shot me, they need to be nerfed", or "a class based around CC can CC me and kill me, they need to be nerfed". To be clear, these are paraphrases from the swtor forums. I've seen them on the Aion forums too, off the top of my head, back when I used to be really active over there. The simple solution to this is, of course, to just take everyone's gear away, remove all their skills in PvP, and just let them punch each other until someone wins. I'm not sure what everyone's expectations are for classes in PvP, but it's certainly similar to "they shouldn't be able to do anything I can't do". The end result to these things, if the devs wholeheartedly listen and nerf according to the players are classes that can't play at all in end game. They nerfed one of the Shadow/Assassin sub classes so hard in swtor that they couldn't get in raids any more, because their DPS was too low, and the bosses have rage timers where they have to be dead in x amount of time, and adding those players would make it next to impossible to do. All because they were "OP" in PvP. I'm seeing the rock/paper/scissors meme all over the place here.

8. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

when you had game like that 15years ago, it was huge and amazing... but ofc i do understand ppl back then were still learning to walk

9. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

I didn't start getting into mmos until 2008, so that might explain why I'm sort of disillusioned with this type of game. Then again, Mabinogi, which was my first mmo experience, first released in Korea in 2004, and that looks miles better than this.

Tvvin likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

L2 was an awesome game. sure, at beginning it had some classes purely for roleplaying as only few classes were really viable for pvp.

i actually like that you had to have full party filled with supports in order to be good. people who were something had respect for their supports... this whole new "i have to do everything" on my own gaming era is kinda meh.

11. LightningFFXIII-4

Pretty sure everyone here is just waiting for that one MMO to show up and everyone will leave this game in a heartbeat. Till then, we're stuck in BDO lol.

12. BDOMONSTER

Actually a gear equalize battle ground would be amazing.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. 2Cents

That is mainly accurate and just another testimonial as to why PVP doesn't belong in these games. The players are not wrong though. Being killed in .3 seconds or being disabled until your dead is just out right horrible game play. Removing equipment doesn't make sense either. You may as well just go play a MOBA or game created for actual fighting.

There is no solution, because an actual solution would means TONS of resources allocated to just PVP balancing indefinitely. The simple solution is to limit it to duels, battle field, sieges, select areas. The problem is even MUCH WORSE today with so many P2W games. The game developers literally have a conflict of interest to make their game substantially worse to benefit whales and encourage spending.