1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with DK.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Kayray, May 15, 2017.

1. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Post a certain level of ap, DK seems nearly impossible to beat in equalized pvp. You are constantly bombarded by insanely high damage abilities and from range too. Most of the time, i feel like im just chasing them endlessly, while i get battered down. Even times when i feel I've managed to get behind the fg they can just turn the skill around. Any suggestions(other than git gud) on how to go about fighting them? (P.s. I'm a Musa)

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  2. Beirut

play the class to feel the flaws instead of relying on information which might be troll.

3. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Good DKs have very few holes. The only advice I can give you is to bait their frontal guards, then chase through them and stun them into a combo. Ninja uses block jump to accomplish this.

Rilok likes this.
  4. Kerry(Ayra)

Seriously Kayray, You need to grow a pair and fight the 12 dk's we have in our guild and learn how to fight them and not cry about it to the whole world like one of the carebears I kill.

Kutsuu likes this.
  5. Kayray

Talk to me when you can reliably meet menorie thx.

6. Nyhver

They're difficult to fight

DK's are definitely a class that you want to learn the movement of, if you don't have a good grasp of their movement and you ever hit them you'll only be lucky because you're throwing out moves and not measuring their distance options. It wouldn't be so bad if they were limited to being close range but they're not. They're very powerful.

Alrikmerc likes this.
  7. Kerry(Ayra)

i beat him all the time about 60-40 70-30

8. Qmm

Qmm

All I see is that he simply was asking how to fight DK and you were being an ass without providing any constructive advice

Remaint, LordBrasca and mrtoon316 like this.
  9. Kayray

Ill try this out. Seems easy enough, only i need to figure out a way to force them to use it on me without me being ccd or stuck in an animation.

10. 6footgeeks

Play them to geta feel for em, thats what i did, still learning but essentially they arent mobile while doing most of their big skills,

Bait out their Iframes,

bait out the awakening dagger slashy dash

wait for them to do the stationary big attacks,

then as a kuno, block jump behind them and grab/stun yada yada

11. Kayray

I get this logic, but the class is weak pre 58. I dont know if i wsnt to spend that much time on it. But yea, ideally based on what everyone says i need to constantly be close enough to them to back chase and cc them should they give me an opportunity.

12. 6footgeeks

you need to level it to 56 to get a good idea on the timings on their main moves, the flows are great but you can get enough information on them by just fighting a guildy

13. Hindsight

Seems their attacks ignore block completely, or at least one of them. It's not enough that Valks shield is broken apparently.

14. Kayray

It's not that they ignore it, their attacks, don't always originate from them. The FG skill, is a small explosion with the centre a couple arms length away from her ( So if you are right up next to her it hits you from the back), The sparkly dash does damage, as she runs through you, so multiple ticks of damage hit your back too.

15. Helga_Hufflepuff

It's funny I don't see too many DKs in nodewars....unless they don't live long enough for me to see them lol

16. Complete and utter nonsense. Go play DK and test it yourself. You're bad Musa, we get it, but stop blaming everything but yourself. DK is ****ing free win for Musa if you can play high aggro.

17. Celensra

I would very much like to know how to face them as well. Even hitting them seems like a stroke of luck but I'm still inexperience. However, I can say I prefer even Witches or Wizards in a duel lol. At least, they're somewhat touchable.

Remaint likes this.
  18. Kayray

Oh what's this? I'm suddenly able to beat DK's no problem. You calling me trash totally fixed the issue man. Thank you so much. :)

Alrikmerc likes this.
  19. Strates

If you don't have block jump from kuno / ninja, as everyone said, bait the frontal guards and try and get a CC in. For the most part almost every single DK in NA (dunno about EU) is pretty bad and doesn't fully chain their defenses to stay mobile 99% of the time, so it's not too difficult. If you find one that actually knows what they're doing (highly unlikely) go get a friend.

20. Szalej

Block is very powerfull against DK. Most of the skills cast pretty long and after them there's low amount of time they are vulnerable. Try to learn timing on those skills and rush strong CC with super armor (tamer's moonlight strike for example / warrior spin jump). Sometimes going very aggressive work's. Find one good DK and try out some tactics