1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear GMs, CMs, and Devs

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Muhaha, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Valks STILL broken... 6 months later.
    Still has issues and it'd take possibly lil effort to fix.

1: Valk can not be 99% forward guard.. Hast and heal are basically our only reliable SA, Enslar is useful, unless you drop onto someone with a grab. In which you just get killed, oh and enslar has our only Iframe. Verdict is complete trash in PvP and gets you killed. WE NEED A WAY TO RECHARGE OUR BLOCK. We can't iframe every 1-2 seconds or stay Perma SA/Iframe like almost every class.

2: Stamina issues, remove stamina from sharp light its not a movement skill. And Lower stamina consumed by Hastiludium from 300 to like 175 and promptness from 100 to 50 off cd, 80 on cd so we can at least keep up with our group pushes and still be able to attack.

Shouldn't be too hard to change defenses and stamina consumption on skills to balance a ****ing class you lazy asses.

Quit ignoring our posts, don't be a bunch of dip shits. It should be obvious that something with a charge, that can be broken by few skills, that also gets CC'd through the front, the sides, back; can't sit on par with defensives that negate all damage/cc or are such quick SA skills, that they pretty much act like Iframes.

Like the great loli of Velia once said.. DO IT BETTER!!!

#1 Muhaha, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Itan86, Kyraios, Kusaragii and 11 others like this.
  2. Alekos

Yo, while you're at it get maehwa out of the trashcan aswell, k thx bye.

levinano, runbat and Muhaha like this.
  3. Kenwulf

Promptness and CS needs it's SA back too. If you compare their function to other classes' skills, it makes no sense that these skills don't have SA.

Kusaragii, Kyraios, Platinia and 3 others like this.
  4. Netreiam

@CM Yukimura

Is there anything you can say about balancing? Why are things still like this?

5. Platinia

Class Balance wen ?

ODB3698 likes this.
  6. Zavex

At least have the common decency to respond, we've waited 6 whole ass months through thick and thin I'm a die-hard Valk player and there's no way I will pour money into the game until we see something BIG class wise other than "Oh wow but guy's we did a big graphical update ages ago look at how pretty the colors are, oh class balancing? here are some PVE damage upgrades valkyries."

I'm trying to keep my tone as nice as possible but it's getting really ridiculous here especially with communication.

7. Ciely

imagine a fist class having more durability than a class with a shield :D

Netreiam, Kusaragii, levinano and 2 others like this.
  8. Kyraios

Kyraios Sagaris Valkyrie NA

I doubt change is coming anytime soon. Years of investment into a class to be tossed into the trash with a single update.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

fixed it for you

10. Nibblesdragon

We really just need PA/Kakao to come out with some idea of what they want for the classes. Are we supposed to be "tanks"? What exactly are we supposed to be?

I dunno, maybe I'm overestimating these devs and BDO is really supposed to just be a dynasty warriors style hack n slash.

Illynore and Netreiam like this.
  11. Netreiam

Yes, this is exactly what I feel everyone needs to be behind, PA giving actual statements for their intentions for class balance. We receive too many changes that are either completely irrelevant or straight up detrimental. We have classes that were obviously built with some kind of identity yet that was completely trashed without any compensation.

12. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 62 EU

You will excuse me for feeling it is all hopeless, but judging the "developer's agenda" should be obvious they really have other plans to pursue. Like feeding their players "new exciting classes" (and "rerolls") and expanding the world even more with "exciting content" (never mind that we "plebs" in NA/EU will probably be getting this content after several months, at best) -> in short: milking more cash from a (slowly) dying cow.

To be honest I personally believe this game is past its peak (whatever that was) and now is just lingering for obvious reasons, but certainly not expanding in any healthy way. I very much doubt they have the will and any true intention into looking back again into the fundamentals and re-defining classes and trying to perhaps add some real flavour. It is only getting even more one-dimensional over all.

I don't know, I am just not expecting ANYTHING meaningful from PA anymore, even less from our dear Publisher too. The reason I am forever stubbornly loyal to the class is probably a weird "obsession for self punishment", so be it. Maybe because I have spent over 2.5 good years of my very life into this game and this class through thick and thin, and in a way I am too used to do what I do daily, and, yes, have "invested too much" - it is also a common truth.

Until it just becomes unbearable one day, and make no mistake, this can indeed happen. Happened before a few years back in a much lesser known game I was into for 4 years (and had invested way more than BDO) - hell I just dropped it one fateful day after it just got too much (after yet another dreadful "update" they made) and never looked back, almost 6 years now. Hope it doesn't happen again with BDO, but I am also afraid we are heading that way, sooner or later...

WeaselPaw, ViktoryiaV, Solo and 4 others like this.
  13. Alessandra1980

Alessandra1980 Lentinii Witch 61 EU

Am I the only valk that enjoys the class? Yes there are some changes needed pvp wise, but as a grinder she is still fast.

14. R.Prescott

I still enjoy it even in PvP tbh, compared to the four FotM classes its pretty bad, but against everything else its okay, and that's pretty much the same for all the other non-FotM classes. Not sure where you're getting fast grinder from though, literally the only spot Valk is fast is Hystria, and at every mid-tier spot its just awful because of the stamina costs on movement. My 59 Kuno with 50gs less than my Valk is faster at Gahaz, for example, because every class can oneshot mobs, while we can barely move between packs. Honestly the only thing that really desperately needs to be changed is mobility costs, balance will come with nerfs to the FotM classes, which are inevitable eventually.

Kyraios, ViktoryiaV and Muhaha like this.
  15. Akitox

[​IMG]

This might change everything

ps: plz dont ban me

Zavex and Muhaha like this.
  16. x_samfisher_x

How are u enjoying the pvp tho,

17. Kusaragii

Fast? Where are you grinding? Specifics needed here because Valk is not a fast grinder in comparison to other classes.

Kyraios and ODB3698 like this.
  18. SAROMON1989

Today I have hit 56 and I was in a party with a tamer and the amount of damage between us was ENORMOUS! Maybe that tamer had super-duper weapon, not like me, however there was very big difference and she was 54-55 level.

On the other hand, we took the same amount of damage?

So how does it works? Are these shields and badass paladin like armours are there only for the cosmetics?

19. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

If damage was your issue, I'd be genuinely surprised. Valk has excellent PvE damage scaling, the reasons we're usually a slower grinder in mid tier zones boils down to the range limitations of some of our lower CD skills (which you can circumvent to some extent by practicing your grouping or just being more involved with skill rotations) and mobility for actually getting around between groups quickly and with a consistent pacing. Make sure you're using celestial spear for crit buff. Otherwise you would indeed be having damage issues...

As for the visuals of our weapons and armour :P well, we are still the closest thing to a "paladin" archtype class in the game, albeit not a true tank as some people would idealise us to be (and there are a few classes which scale much better with DP builds too); there doesn't seem to be much opportunity for a tank role to be impactful in our present pvp combat system, we still have some powerful supportive abilities and self buffs, however. You could think of us as being an "offensive paladin". The shield is more a specific/unique mechanic for avoiding cc and/or damage (like how other classes use iframes or dashing instead), but we also have the strongest/highest capacity blocking pool. In pvp, the difference in tankiness between yourself and your tamer friend, will be much more obvious. Since classes must be made visually distinctive so as to appeal to a broader audience of players, and usually this centres on their respective weapons, I suppose a shield is an attribute they chose to accentuate for us.

The trade off for the painful early grind is how powerful our abilities become in pvp at higher levels, and also being top tier grinder in endgame pve zones. When I was 56 I really underestimated by just how much that would be.

Tbh even compared back to the days before valk recieved pve and stamina buffs, it's still easier than ever now to get skill and combat exp quickly. Good luck :)

#19 ViktoryiaV, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  20. Netreiam

A better weapon could be it.

In terms of tankiness Valkyrie is reliant on shield. Otherwise she dies about as quickly as most classes (she has higher HP and DR but renoun scaling makes this useless)

The main use of the shield is its ability to be immune to flanking CC and awakening shield is also 3x stronger than regular ones.