1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Jae-Hee Kim, it's time to stop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by CasualNova, May 2, 2018.

1. LORDZERG

I feel the same, I don't want to play a game with same classes with block grab super armor and then the same Z skill I don't know whats next... maybe all will have heal or maybe stealth? The CC changes are so drastic some classes are with broken combos. And not in the last place the AP, DP scaling and ignoring of evasion and accuracy.

Break_III, Pkmdz, Evil Wood and 2 others like this.
  2. Gavad

@CM Yukimura This sums up the feelings of everyone I know who has stuck with BDO so far. Please pass this along, no one wants these recently proposed/leaked changes.

Break_III and Evil Wood like this.
  3. Caldra

on a side note this is the most unified I have seen the bdo community on a bdo issue

Break_III, Evil Wood and Thelemna like this.
  4. Nits

We had some really flawed decisions recently:

Reknown system
    I'm at 545, so this serves me well, but why do the strong need a buff? We don't need this system at all. Every gear progression is rewarding enough. For 300 GS as well as for 570 GS.

Reknown system based only on AP/DP
    WTF? All stats should be valued here. But as said above: We don't need Reknown at all. Oneshotting with 275 + 168 AP might be the answer to desync, but it's no fun.

CC-changes
    The old system was bad, but the new one is worse. Why does there have to be CC on any ability? I'd prefer a system where a high Dmg ability does less CC. Mass-CC should be on a high cooldown.

Pkmdz and Evil Wood like this.
  5. Allecarius

This isn't for the existing base, this is for the new players. These changes have always been for new players. Players that have yet to spend money. The untapped market.

6. Eurodrake

We need to fire this moron.
    I think he holds a grudge in this game that he cannot kill anyone in the old system because he sucks ass at this game. So now that he too lover he's Turing it into a kids game that requires no skill and only requires very large AP to win battles in one skill rather than a complex 20 button combo system.

I think this new director is jus t a big child, trying to take his new position and be "Mr. Big shot" and all the stupid and moronic crap he does. For the health of the game he needs to be fired, and a non-child needs to take over.
    All his changes are selfish, and only cater to the people in this game who suck at it (me included). And I may be terrible at playing, but the old combat system was perfect I just needed to get better. This new combat system has made me unisntall because it's just too childish, simple, slow, boring, and selfish.

Scixer, ViktoryiaV, Evil Wood and 2 others like this.
  7. Sticka

This idiot will be remembered as the guy who killed BDO

Scixer, Break_III, Evil Wood and 4 others like this.
  8. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

I wouldn't hire you to be a crossing guard based all the nerfs you post to every class but yours. According to you, you play the only class that is broken or subpar. Thanks for the offer, but keep your changes to yourself.

9. Beeso

#69 Beeso, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  10. 7 days later.

Not like this...

11. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

your loss, couldn't care less, don't understand what compelled you to make a post like this.

If i went to play league of legends and the game was imbalanced and i was a pleb and wanted it to get better and i could pick the #1 on ladder player with rich background and many achieved things and results or a random person i've never even heard in my life who's probably not even a gamer (which is what their developers are like) i'd absolutely definitely pick the first option and be very happy with it. In fact a lot of pro gamers are working for Riot Games and i don't know what power they have within the company and as far as i've gathered from podcasts and such some of them are game-testers of new things and they don't have very big say over balance but they can give their feedback from a pro perspective while bdo devs are what? bunch of middle aged korean dudes who have zero passion or knowledge or experience who also don't listen to the community and have proven time and time again that they lack objectivity

Scixer and Evil Wood like this.
  12. xLightning

bum,p

Evil Wood likes this.
  13. OptimusPrime

lol no need to bump.

this idiot producer will naturally get a shitty reputation. all by himself. the forum's 90% on fire thanks to his bright ideas.

the combat system had many flaws, but what mr. kim did by adding renown and all this other dumb **** was entirely a wrong direction to go.

all they needed to do

ALL THEY NEEDED TO DO

was take a close look at each class' strengths and weaknesses

and BALANCE accordingly through individual skills. adjust SA cooldowns. decrease dmg when necessary. if these guys actually PLAYED THE GAME AS INTENDED like everyone on this forum - instead of doing a 5 min. 1v1 with a wizard and a warrior and going "k, warrior too op, taking out SA block from every ****ing thing forever to ensure this never happens again", balancing would have been halfway done by now.

The OP has a good point. You don't hitler - style genocide every class because certain classes benefit too much from constant in-out style of engagement. You don't **** over the entire population just because you think warriors are benefiting too much from lingering SA.

Actually imma gonna start a thread on this as the OP has brought up a very important point.

Scixer, ViktoryiaV, Break_III and 7 others like this.
  14. Joungf

Dear CasualNova, it is time to grow up and adept the changes. And time to stop crying like a little baby.

15. Malketaz

Yikes. Are you an employee? Yikies. Let me just put you on ignore real quick.

Scixer, Thelemna, Break_III and 2 others like this.
  16. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Seraph Ranger 61 NA

Why a SINGLE person would be solely in charge of every change is beyond me, especially how he's managed to keep his job after so much known outrage and hate from the community without addressing none of it.

Break_III and Evil Wood like this.
  17. Joungf

May the irony and sarcasm be with you.

eitheldin likes this.
  18. Blackhearted

Testing is vital. The playerbase is willing to do it for free but they just prefer releasing random **** and going with the flow??? ???

19. Rionat

Rionat Berserker 63 NA

Jae-Hee Kim means Idiot in Korean :)

20. xLightning

Okay JAE-HEE KIM the jokes over. Revert this **** patch