1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Kakao, stop with the free ****.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2cute2shoot, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Ohhhh. So it's one of those things where it's not actually a problem, someone's just mad at their Crescent Ring collection.

Heh. I love this game.

[​IMG]

2. Hemuk

I used to agree with OP in this matter, these rewards seem like a bandaid to a much complicated problem, but as someone who waits for Lauren Boxes/Attendance day to buy all his accesories; I've realised we could sustain both; attendance free stuff and a buff to Valencia Drops, even after attendance warping prices and hundreds of thousands of Lauren Boxes. . . look at the MP after a few days. . . it's like it never happend, RCE's are pretty much gone, Crescent Rings are back to their normal price, Ogre Rings are gone; truth is . . . this attendance/Box events dont make a dent in the economy, cause the power houses in this game get rid of "the problem" in literally; hours.

If every time it was a Fine AB day; the prices tanked for weeks and made a mess out of prices, I'd agree with OP, but they dont; that day might be a bad day to sell all those Crescent Rings you've been farming at Valencia; but literally the day after; it all goes back to normal.

In fact, I can only imagine how bad we'd have it in the accesory department if it wasnt because of these events/rewards, we'd be in a shard situation; there'd be no Crescents/Basi Belts/Tungrads in the Market. . . ever.

3. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

We're crying about free stuff now too?

You people can't be serious lmao.

4. Ravare

Next week the complaints will be:

"Why did you give us Kamasylvia?! No one wanted new content, we only want better drop rates when we grind in Valencia!"

TarkusBlack and Cardiel like this.
  5. Alicia Dominica

At no point I was referring to it as catch-up mechanics, on the contrary, we are in agreement that it isn't. I simply commented on the claim that this hurts veteran players somehow, which it doesn't. As far as I'm concerned, they come out on top.

Anyway, your point about rng isn't exclusive to these rewards, in fact these boxes fall perfectly in line with the rest of the game, which is immensely rng-heavy. Not a good thing, but something that should be fundamentally changed. It's not directly related to these freebies.

6. Devia

this is also a silent nerf to valencia mobs...and consequently another buff to sausans/pirates
    lol

7. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

people are too stupid to realize that events like the lauren boxes will increase the gear gap between tip top and average players, sure bottom feeders can get some easy silver but in return they are boosting tip top players gear... which leads to more complains in the future like pvp channels and karma bombing.

8. 2Cents

But this is SO MUCH EASIER than fixing the drop rates on Rares.

Pearl / Kakao Motto: Never put effort into anything when you don't get fired for choosing the laziest option.

9. 2Cents

They sure about helping those newcomers by letting 60+ players stomp their face in at Sausan / Pirates.

Sausans = 6+ Crescents a day
    Crescents = 2 Crescents a day

Pirates = 5+ Basilisk a day
    Basilisk = 1 Basilisk a day

*Individual results may vary. Estimations are accurate based upon 24 hour periods on average.

10. GamePois0n

[​IMG]
    I like your math, its probably why you are neither geared nor leveled.

Columba likes this.
  11. 2Cents

Don't forget you're not disputing just me, but a majority of the top players.

12. GamePois0n

dont lump yourself with majority of the top players, ruins their reputation.

13. 2Cents

Pearl already proposed a solution for this. If you want to hunt areas outside Sausan/Pirates you should PAY CASH MONEY HOLLA HOLLA DOLLA DOLLA to increase the drops so the area is more viable.

If you look at every TRI or HIGHER Crescent, Orge, Basilisk on the server I have no issue at all stating they where most likely created FROM AN EVENT NOT FROM DROPS.

14. 2Cents

You do realize this POST was created in 100% agreement with everything I have been stating for a long time. You're better off to find a different example lol

15. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

This actually makes everything to do with Sausans and Pirates suddenly make sense...

16. 2Cents

Show your Shattered Rings

17. 2Cents

It's their version of "Premium Content"