1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death of a game: Archeage - the same is happening to BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WastedJoker, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Quite a lot of comparison to be made on the timeline of events that "killed" Archeage and what we're seeing with the EU/NA version of BDO.

Hilly, Wyvinters, Isteria and 8 others like this.
  2. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

Not p2w enough to make us b2p players leave yet.

3. WastedJoker

It's heading that way though, right?

Seeing the same pattern in the demise of Archeage

Promises that EU/NA won't be p2w and the cash shop is for cosmetic items.....broken shortly after launch.
    Content releases broken or massively delayed.
    Forums becoming censored and very very allergic to criticism.

Baroncell, Korvgubben, Chojin and 5 others like this.
  4. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

...but Trion was selling RNG boxes for money with stuff in Rift before Archeage was even released. It was more than obvious it will the way it went.
    We still can have hope.

Hakazumi and T800 like this.
  5. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

BDO is already too strong, there are too much good things about this game. it will end like Tera or Aion. still alive nowadays.
    they didn't even release the bikinis yet

Cloudaye, Blacksheep, Edremis and 4 others like this.
  6. Amerrante

Amerrante DarkKnight 61 EU

Game isn't dying in Korea and it won't worldwide, now most of playerbase knows what's going on
    It's a niche game, obviously p2w with great gameplay and graphic. there will always be a decent amount of player for the next few years
    (Until the so promised kickstarter mmorpgs can beat Bdo, if they even release complete lol)

7. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

Bots overrunning the game, exploits and new implemented p2w cash shop items? Doesn't sound familiar at all... I don't think it's gonna die really soon cause they will just release new content every time people start leaving so they bring them back. What I think will be their end is AOC(Ashes of creation), if that game manages to deliver it's promises(seems more likely after Pax West) then they are done.

Hakazumi, Edremis and Silverfauve like this.
  8. t0ny

Absolutely. I do believe it will become free to play soon. If they see people don't spend money because of their limitation they will eventually make it free to play. Lets not talk about the fact that they completely lied to us since the beginning and now they don't even have the guts to release a statement explaining themselves because it really disgusts me. They are like politicians... so yeah they ruined a nice game due to bad management and I don't think any new releases will save it now, the damage has already been done. Only a nice P2W remove patch would save this game but that seems like a dream, you know like those dreams that when you wake up you start crying because they were dreams and not reality.

Wyvinters likes this.
  9. WastedJoker

BDOs release was the death strike for Archeage so AoC may be the same.

10. Amerrante

AoC won't release soon, prolly like 2019 if not more (or before with those early access trap)
    Bdo won't die soon

plus AoC isn't even close to CU or Crowfall. It looks more like a Bless's ********
    Big fail incoming imo

WuZhao, DarkEmpire, Sizer and 7 others like this.
  11. Lanveir

Sorry but where is the pay2win Aspect in this game? I dont get it.

Ive been overlooking the game since I played last time in CBT but now its basicly the same with more cosmetics. So.. where is this p2w everyone is crying about? Ofc there are some questionable things like skip production with pearls, but considering the amount of money you need to invest to make it worth a little is just a bad joke.
    The €/Silver Ratio is horrible and not even worth the slighest. 30 € for 34 Million Silver? Hence.. I do this in 1 Hour or less.

BDO isnt near dead than Archeage was after release, which I also played and enjoyed up to the point where BOTs took over the game.

Only the constant gamecrashes in BDO bother me a lot and ruin my game experience. Right now, as I am writing this I skip loading times because it keeps kicking me on my Auto-Route for the 5th Time in a Row on my way to sausans..

Hakazumi, TinaH, Ravare and 4 others like this.
  12. Code

I had no doubts this game would become extreme p2w. Right now the degree of p2w is not as bad as other games, and yes, you could choose to see it as convinience, however the convinience is quite extreme and does provide clear advantages like:
    - extra weight(which adds on top of extra loyalty weight - advantage)
    - extra inventory slots(example: fish for way longer while out in the ocean - advantage)
    - extra lodging(invest cp into something else - more income/advantage)
    - extra storage slots(invest cp into something else - more income/advantage)
    - extra gem slot(advantage)
    - lifeskill costumes(adds clear benefits on top of normal crafted clothes - advantage)
    - horse outfit and mount brand spell stone(both increase the chance for your horse to learn a new skill when leveling up - advantage)
    The list goes on and these are not things that you can buy through the market place, earn through loyalty points or any ingame mechanics.

Even though these advantages do not make you always win in a way or another, they are still clear advantages to certain aspects of your character's abilities and capabilities. Do keep in mind I have not listed all the cash shop things you can buy to boost your income both directly and indirectly.

Do not worry though, we are slowly but surely heading completely out of the convinience boundry and heading towards the heavy p2w one. The day when even the whitest of white knight won't have any arguments left that BDO isn't p2w, that day is not that far away.

Wutever, Bilianderr, Hype33 and 9 others like this.
  13. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

Ratio is like 15 € to ~500kk or more with valuepack.
    Extra griding speed with pets (more money), faster cooking with canape (more money) or just more resources from gathering with hedgehog (more money)? Also, extra weight and maidus can make your grinding even more effective.

T800 likes this.
  14. Ibirujo

Ibirujo Ibirujo Tamer 62 EU

Why everyone always forgets about the real p2w aspect, artisans memory. This **** gives you 150mil worth of memory fragments for 40€

15. Amerrante

Doesn't matter much if player 1 thinks game is p2w and player 2 thinks game isn't

Real questions are Do you enjoy the game ? Will you still play it tomorrow ? Next month ? Next year ? Are you going to leave for an other game ?
    Are you even still playing the game ?

ShadowFairy, Edremis, WuZhao and 6 others like this.
  16. Lanveir

And that is the big advantage I get? Well, it still doesnt help me to beat players in pvp.

Pay2Win is a thing people tend to cry about, yet dont know the true meaning behind it. Theres no advantage when it comes to direct pvp.
    Ofc you can argue about Silver being gear, being skill, yet on high levels it doesnt matter anymore as the time evens the odds. Sooner or later you will reach a point of gear which will make you competitive if you play a certain amount of time. I think its around 1-2 Months of playing to stay up for yourself, without pets or any buffs. Questlines add a lot of Inventory space and the Loyalites will help with Carry-weight being enough to have it comfortable when grinding.

Its sad that the economic aspect or advantage is considered being something competitive when theres no real advantage of being rich, except for the very little AP differences in very very lategame, even here the high-geared people struggle with their premium stuff as they guys without do.

Edit: Who the **** buys artisans memory with pearls? Just use loyalties, lol.

17. Joungf

Oh nooo! We are all doomed! We will all die! Where is my tinfoil hat?

Hakazumi and Hr1s7i like this.
  18. Beeso

Not if you don't read the forum, and about the AOC bait, people think they learned something, yet here they are making the very same assumptions that turned out to be "big mistakes" on their account. If aion and skyforge are still alive, don't be so sure.

#18 Beeso, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Edremis likes this.
  19. Redarion

ArcheAge was over hyped garbage that people put on a high throne it did not deserve. It offered no true innovation; the sandbox element of the game being lackluster and downright trite. At the end of the day, it was just another Tab target game everyone is sick thereof. As a result, it met its demise like so much trash before it.

BDO is a revolutionary venture into a genre that had become stagnant to the point of dormancy. For all the animus against Pearl Abyss for infinitesimal issues, though admissibly some are arguably flagrant i.e. content, BDO is life saving panacea to a steadily becoming genre of boredom.

Yes, BDO has room for improvement like every game ever created. Tell me which game in history that is beyond reproach and is perfect in all facet to date and I will tell you someone spewing ********.

Stop this erroneous rhetoric that BDO is on its deathbed and on the verge of its last breath because you are threatened by some imaginary player who will become stronger than you by entering a credit card number overnight.

BDO has many problems especially that of content under my assessment. However, your irrational fear of play-to-win is just that: irrational. Get a grip and align your mind with reality.

BDO will eventually wane then die off. When that happens, we move on to the next best thing like some of use have been doing since the days of EverQuest, Phantasy Star Online, and the like.

Cloudaye, nefarie, AshJonson and 2 others like this.
  20. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

[​IMG]
    P.S If that was sarcasm I apologize, but judging from what you said earlier I seriously doubt it.

Rebornz, Bilianderr, Hr1s7i and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.