1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death of a game: Archeage - the same is happening to BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WastedJoker, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domonkazu

3 months playing, afk process every day and I'm already full tri boss gear, artisans are awesome.

2. LogicaI

Don't see the same thing here tbh.

3. Heathy

honestly I felt bad for trion, at least those ppl who can actually take criticism without going on a ban rampage, seems every game they touch turns to poo. I maybe sunk 10hrs into archage it looked like it was going to be great but ultimately it came at a time when I couldn't be bothered to start a new mmo. one thing bdo has going for it is that I think the cash shop is not as bad as it is in either archage or rift, the game could be doing things a bit better, personally i'm just life skilling mostly but the way the game relies on event rewards to support its base systems, its great everyone loves free stuff but I just find it a bit immersion breaking. for a game that is largely meant to be more sandbox than themepark its taking liberties quite a lot with its handouts couldn't there be better ways of rewarding actually playing the game?. I think what pushes ppl away the most is probably the upgrade system it makes sense, in terms of the powercreep its pretty much the only thing that stops anyone flying to the top, at the same time when you can lose a lot of effort trying to get more powerful that is an automatic no for a lot of folks. honestly i'd prefer to just buy upgrades, sell every black stone you find for 6 months then buy the best gear probably better than putting up with 6 months of failing to get better or doing the whole two steps forward one step back thing. I dunno how I feel about bdo, I've been playing on a private swg server recently, another mmo that was more sandbox than themepark, i'm enjoying it and its a shame it no longer exists, also eve online I love the economy in that game and the pvp persistence. bdo has some great casual elements for me, but it does feel as though its held back by its cash shop and enchanting system. like those are always going to be black marks that have no real redeeming quality no good offset. you either put up with it and enjoy the game or you don't. I feel like there should be some sort of compromise between offering something that generates a consistent income and letting ppl actually gain items in other ways, through effort.

in summary trying not to be bias in any way, I like crafting for the sake of crafting, the combat is probably the best i've seen in any mmo, it doesn't have much or any organized pve, but overall I can play bdo casually while making minimal to no purchases, I'd probably buy more items if they were cheaper but i'm probably not going to throw my wallet at bdo any time soon. i'm most likely the average player perhaps someone who will occasionally throw money at the cash shop for a spur of the moment purchase a few times a year maybe. when you decide your not really in any rush to get anywhere then buying things from the cash shop is pretty much counter intuitive. at least if you play as casually as I do, I came in a year late as it was and ppl were already 61 with 400-500 gear scores, I knew if i wanted to catch up it was going to take a lot of grinding either mobs or crafting.

#363 Heathy, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. Phiz

Because your tiny brain can't comprehend the reality, so keep living in your fantasy that this game is not P2W in any way, which it is, in every ****ing way.

5. Devia

as someone who has dropped literally thousands in almost every game (including about $10k in archeage over a couple months), i can tell you that BDO is not nearly as p2w as other games. It has minor p2w if at all - stuff that f2p players will eventually catch up to in a reasonable amount of time.

6. crosspath

You can catch up to a hedgehog? How can they get those non gathered extra resources???? Is there a secret box for non hedgehog users? Please show us.

Can you catch up to my 372 CPs using cooking outfit by getting 1CP point every 50 days of calpheon dailies? I can get a point every 3 days if i cook a lot. Or do you think you can cook spending 30 more minutes per advanced tool compared to me? Do you think you can catch up???? Reasonable amount of time... LOL. In 2-3 years and i will be 400+ by then.

Don't make me laugh, you are stupid if you believe what you just said.

#366 crosspath, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  7. Devia

we are measuring end-game according to gear, as expressed in the rest of the thread

you don't need high CP to achieve that.

8. crosspath

You were talking about game not being P2W and i just shut your mouth. Period.

And wait for the new accessories boxes to come... They will raise silver of pearl items so stupid whales like you go crazy.

Spending thousands in pixels... Lul...

9. Andross

Theres more people at the heidel warehouse on a non crowded channel than the entire population of Archeage, we gucci

10. Columba

you peasant can eat cake. I love p2w! bwahahaha.

Domonkazu likes this.
  11. Columba

I can't wait. Getting moist just thinking about it.

Domonkazu likes this.
  12. Shadosyn

Wow what a rude sad sack

13. Devia

spending money on games is just like spending money on any other hobby.
    i'm sure you have your hobbies that you spend money on too
    i just happen to have a lot more money to spend than you

you can call me a stupid whale but at the end of the day, im going to drive home to my downtown condo, have valet park my Tesla, and play some BDO

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Domonkazu and Kiita like this.
  14. AtmaDarkwolf

Wow i couldn't even get past this post, really wish people would at least make it a little easier to read lol... No offense, I'm sure u had a good point or something, but sheesh ...

15. crosspath

I don't spend 10 thousands in any hobby, with 10 thousand i can get some months of holidays in a different country... Definitely will never spend it in pixels...

Condo, Tesla and playing BDO... LUL... What a waste... Like all those rich actors and actresses rich and dying cause of drug abuse... Stupidity.

Sorry have to go get my rocket to my yearly visit to the moon... Casper.

16. Columba

pfft you peasants need to earn more money!

17. XLucaX

18. crosspath

To give it to a company that does not care about their playerbase? Sorry but not stupid enough to reward a subpar service.

19. quebae

paying a company to create faults in a game to then pay to somewhat fix, totally want in on that.

20. Columba

chump change son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.