1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death of a game: Archeage - the same is happening to BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WastedJoker, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreepingCthulhu

ok. i have 3kkk silver for say 3k $ in costumes. how do i buy dande? or maybe dim tree?
    any exact location with a vendor?

the definition of paytowin is getting from cash shop ingame items, that are not ingame yet, or are at very limited supply. You can buy silver in any game, but it isnt pay to win, because if you want powerful item you have to buy it. And you know, marketplace here has certain... problems... with supply of demanded items.

Getting an item at ingame market that was produced via ingame methods isnt pay to win at any condition.

The only paytowin i see here is driver service, but it has nothing to do with kakao.

#121 CreepingCthulhu, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    NeroKae and Columba like this.
  2. Code

He was referring to enchanting.

3. Escapism

There is really no point in argueing with people who rather go by what they believe in and what feels right for them. And even constantly keep changing their own definitions and come up with new ones to fit their agenda every time something new gets patched in that wouldnt comply with them anymore.

every single possible definition for p2w someone could think of, can be applied to bdo, direct or indirect, but its still not p2w "because other games do it worse" or because "i dont need it to play the game the way i want" or because "this doesnt benefit me much, so it cant benefit anyone else either".

Same with people who claim that more chances to try something wouldnt equal a higher chance to eventually succeed. Some people shouldnt have skipped math classes.

4. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

AYE AND HERE'S COMES DA REAL MVP !! Godamnit it's nearly impossible for some of us to understand that.

Thank you tho.

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  5. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

player interaction = no pay2win, someone HAVE to make the item for you to buy it.
    magicly spawn items = pay2win, the stuff just magicly appears because you paid for it.

Edremis likes this.
  6. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

like a ghillie

Baroncell, zhagsten and Morwath like this.
  7. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

like a canape

Baroncell likes this.
  8. Viscule

That's the only P2W item that one could argue for is actually P2W and only because it's PvP related. It however doesn't make you win if you suck or don't have better gear than the other player.

Edremis and Sizer like this.
  9. Escapism

like 4x t4 pets

Baroncell and Morwath like this.
  10. Sizer

does more pets help you kill people in node wars 1 vs 100 ?

Edremis likes this.
  11. Escapism

if there was a +100 ap buff from the pearlstore only, it alone wouldnt make you win against a experienced player with equal or better gear, it only increases your chances.

... like a ghillie.

12. Escapism

since when is winning in node wars the only thing thats "winning"

13. Ferocious

lmfaoooo two totally different devs & publishers.... no.

Also as others have pointed out, BDO has grown stronger if anything. The NA & EU populations most certainly are adding to their profit. They do a good job of having something for everyone and instead of getting caught up in "Western" or "Eastern" MMO stereotypes, they do a good job delivering on the hype.

With that said, they have a big deal underway with Microsoft and the XBox One X. That UI is beautiful and the combo-system in this game would make this the ideal MMO for a console also. XBox One X is already in high demand sold out almost everywhere (pre-orders) so they are trying to have more for pre-orders as well as for launch than what was expected.

This game is very successful already, expect it to stick around for quite some time.

Okay, I rarely see replies as I don't check notifications usually... so carry on pulling crap out of thin air.

14. Sizer

because it's the only place that matters in term of player vs player .
    the only place you can say you '' win '' something , aka a territory.

FYI ghillie don't work in node wars either.

15. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

its like a wallhack in CS:GO dont make you win if you forget to aim on your enemys and shot them.

16. Viscule

If a +100 AP buff was in pearl store that would be P2W because your stats are heavily increased over any F2P player. Ghillie doesn't give you stats, it only hides your nameplate. Your logic is flawed.

That comparison quite literally doesn't make sense.

Sizer likes this.
  17. Sizer

a +100 ap buff straight from cash-shop with no player interaction would definately be pay2win.
    if it was an item a player needed to craft , it wouln'd.

18. Sizer

which doesn't work in actual wars.

19. LeWaffles

muhfriggin bingoh.

20. Sizer

no amount of pay2win can give you level 62 tho , * cough * wow does it * cough * .
    you can drop 25000 $ and if you don't put in the time you won't be 61-62 , thus no ****** pay2win.
    there is no item in game that can make your character stronger in pvp that cannot be acquire by just playing the game.

show me cash-shop exclusive weapons/armors that are better than items you can get in the game and I'll tell you the game is pay2win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.